+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree975Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

if Alexis doesn't come clean about running over Kiefer, and let everyone blame Ethan, yet again, i will be so upset...what is it with Alexis/Sam/Kristina, all three of them are complete twit!!!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I let out a huge sigh of relief when Kiefer died before he could name Ethan as the hit-and-run driver. Ethan will probably still be initially blamed for the hit-and-run, but at least he won't be treated as a pariah anymore, or have Sonny and Jason out to murder him. It will be interesting to see what Alexis will do in regard to admitting or not admitting that she was the one who hit Kiefer. Even though she was crazed with emotion at the time --- she did clearly see him and run him down. So how will Alexis, who I love, and who (at least in her own mind) is one of the champions of morally doing the right thing, deal with the dilemma of 'fessing up to what would probably be deemed one form of manslaughter or another.

The one thing that I'm confused with (haven't seen today's show, obviously) is when Lucky told Ethan at the end of yesterday's show that his (Ethan's) car has a dent in it. If that's true, didn't he hit Mara's car or hit something during his first confrontation with her? If so, then she would be an easy witness for him and he wouldn't have to suffer that accusation for long.

Because he sure isn't going to give up his fence.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3871992;
    So how will Alexis, who I love, and who (at least in her own mind) is one of the champions of morally doing the right thing, deal with the dilemma of 'fessing up to what would probably be deemed one form of manslaughter or another.
    Fat chance...If she was "one of the champions of morally doing the right thing" she wouldn't let her daughter get away with running Claudia over causing her to lose her baby.

Kristina has to be one the dumbest children ever on a soap. Crying over some stupid guy who used her face for a punching bag. Alexis is going to sit back and let Ethan, Sonny, Jason anyone take the blame while she says nothing.

Wow Sonny should just go and have his name removed from her birth certificate and take the loss. The girl is a clueless twit.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

The thing is, Kristina's behavior isn't unusual, which is probably why they're doing this SL. Teenage girls (hell, grown women) who come from more stable homes than Kristina get into abusive relationships like that where they hide the truth and protect their abuser. It's frustrating to watch her do this stuff, but it's not outside the realm of reality. It seems outrageous and against all common sense, but it happens all the time. I think they're doing a good job of showing how a girl can get into this situation. I don't always like what Kristina does, but I think Lexi Ainsworth is doing a terrific job.

I'm more irritated with the adults in the situation. Alexis is behaving like an idiot. First, she's not very tuned in to her daughter and second, she mows down Kiefer and doesn't speak up. :nono I can't even begin to address Keifer's parents or Sonny's behavior, which is really just par for the course with him.

Frankly, I don't think any of the Davis women should be driving. They're all menaces on the road! It's only a matter of time until Molly gets her learner's permit and starts mowing down random citizens.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;3872229;
    Fat chance...If she was "one of the champions of morally doing the right thing" she wouldn't let her daughter get away with running Claudia over causing her to lose her baby.
    You're right, and I had forgotten about that. Maybe it's a soap opera "thing," but doesn't it seem that so many soap parents will fight to the death, practically, to protect their children from being found out -- no matter how horribly the child has acted. Of course, on GH, Kristina, Michael (teen age Michael) and Kiefer have been train wrecks since they came on the show.

On a happier and hotter note, LuLu + Dante and Olivia + Johnny are SIZZLING!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3872736;
    On a happier and hotter note, LuLu + Dante and Olivia + Johnny are SIZZLING!!!!
    Oh, I love what they're doing with Lulu and Dante right now. You know how they always have to manufacture conflict between successful couples (Patrick and Robin, anyone)? Well the conflict they are introducing now with Lulu afraid to tell Dante about her abortion.... it's a real, difficult, valid potential conflict. I hope they do it well and don't just fluff it off.

Love these couples. Love Jason. Love that Kristina trusts Jason and Dante.. I found their conversations this week to be sweet and touching, too.

Love Jonathan Jackson in his role now (have for awhile.. probably from week two back!)

Love the interaction between Skye and Ethan. I can't wait to see that one develop a bit further into whatever it will be.

Sidenote: Ethan seems to be mumbling a bit less, yes?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

You know, it's a shame Jason is one of the bad guys - he seems to be more tuned into what's really going on than anyone on the police force! He already knows something's up with Alexis, while Lucky is off arresting Ethan and Mac thinks the dent on Ethan's car looks like he hit a person instead of Maya's car.

I agree that they're handling the Lulu/Dante relationship perfectly. The issue of her abortion is realistic and not manufactured like so many roadblocks soap writers usually produce. I love these two and I'm sure they'll work through it.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread