+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree886Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

I always felt like he was sort of making fun of soaps by doing GH. Nothing concrete to prove that, but I just got that feeling.

I guess there's no way Georgie's going to turn up alive now, but it was fun to see Lindze Letherman even for a few days. Those scenes with her and Maxie, especially the last one, were very touching. So, how long before Maxie ends things with Spinelli and takes up with a bad boy....maybe Johnny?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3866176;
    I always felt like he was sort of making fun of soaps by doing GH. Nothing concrete to prove that, but I just got that feeling.
    Well then I don't love him. I guess he isn't so hard up for cash that he'd have to do it for the money, though.

I DVR GH but I'm so far behind that you guys would submit me for Hoarders if I told you exactly how far behind I am. I finally am starting to slowly catch up by watching it on the treadmill, though. And sometimes I look at what you guys were saying about it way back when so thanks for leaving your comments so I can do my own little time travel in this thread!
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

You know, I've always liked Epiphany, but I'm getting tired of hearing her snipe at everyone at the hospital all day long. No WAY would a nurse be allowed to lecture and scold members of a hospital board, the chief of staff or any doctor, for that matter. Maybe she's a character that's just better in smaller doses because it seems like the writers don't know what to do with her when she's on screen more frequently.

Speaking of characters who are annoying me, I seriously want to smack Sam! She's never been a favorite of mine - I can't stand her whisper-y voice - but this thing with Kristina is bringing out the worst in her. I can't wait to see her (and everyone else in town) have to eat crow when Ethan is cleared. The spoilers I've read - and now the preview commercial for this week show that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Kiefer beats Kristina up again and Alexis learns the truth about it. Then we see Kiefer on the ground looking dead. I'm sure he's not, since they've cast his parents, but I think the actor is leaving the show, so he's either going to be killed or he's going into the Witness Protection Program!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Cannot happen soon enough. But poor Kristina!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3866189;
    Well then I don't love him. I guess he isn't so hard up for cash that he'd have to do it for the money, though.
    I don't think he needs the money, I got the feeling that he was doing it as his own little performance art piece. His acting was, imo, so bad, that I wondered if he wasn't playing it up and making fun of soap actors. An article I read said that he based his character on an artist that he knows and it sounded like they were working on something together. It just sounded hinky. I guess, as a long-time soap watcher, I'm a bit sensitive to people mocking them.

I alternately want to strangle Kristina and hug her. I guess that means the actress is doing a good job. I don't always like what she does, but I think Lexi is doing a great job expressing all the emotion and conflict Kristina is feeling.

Oh sheesh, another spoiler for recasting:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Apparently the role of Morgan Corinthos has been recast as well. The young actor that plays Morgan now is filming some pilot and as GH is ramping up his storyline in the upcoming weeks it causes a conflict. So they are replacing him with this cute little guy that looks familiar for some reason. His first airdate is April 14 (isn't that when the new Michael appears, too? Talk about confusing...) This new kid looks more like a child of Carly and Sonny would look, in my opinion.)
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Aw, that's a bummer! I like that actor.

Me too. Why is Luke so glad to see Sky? Did they have a thing?
    Count your blessings!

Yep, they were together for a little while.

Yes! Luke and Skye did have a relationship...unfortunately for Skye, Laura came back...and out, and back....and back out of the picture...er...lol but yes, they did have a thing going on between them for a while...

Click to see Spoiler:
    and how sad, I really enjoy Dante and Morgan's chemistry with each other, they really do seem like brothers...how surprising that they recast both Morgan and Michael...are they trying to age them...? or whats going on...

+ Reply to Thread