+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1140Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

I haven't watched this in a long time. And I always get confused when I tune back and find that people who used to be babies/small children have turned into teens/young adults and everyone kind of turns into the same age. Is Kristina Sonny's child with Carlie or whatever her name was?

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3856410;
    No, Alexis isn't perfect, but she's not a murderer and a criminal (and Alcazar doesn't count because it was self-defense! ). She's just an overworked mother whose teenage daughter is lying to her, which is not that unusual. I think Alexis is pretty clear on the fact that, at least in her personal life, she definitely doesn't know everything.
    And by the way, we have to remember that Alexis is a Cassadine, and Alexis' mother was murdered by Helena for having an affair with Helena's husband. So, in my mind, she (and Nikolas) get extra credit for being non-violent and relatively normal folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3856410;
    I HATE Sonny and how he gets a free ride for everyone in town and I find it kind of upsetting how he's become a sex symbol in the same way that I found it disturbing that Todd on OLTL did. Roger Howarth commented in interviews about how freaked out he would get when fans would yell "Todd, rape me!" at events. I don't know why dangerous criminals are seen as heroes. For me, the heroes on GH are Dante and Mac (even though he does annoy sometimes)....maybe Lucky. On the show, the people who are still against Sonny and still think he's a criminal are portrayed as almost irrational, while he's portrayed as this romantic, sensitive, misunderstood man. Makes no sense to me.
    I completely agree with you Critical!!! I hate this romanticizing of "bad guys" --- from thugs to out-and-out psychopathic killers. What is wrong with us that we continually do this???? I realize that this kind of thing continues to be portrayed on the show because, apparently, it's what the audience wants to see --- but jeez, don't you think that continually showing this kind of behavior just perpetuates and encourages it?

PS causingchaos, Kristina is Sonny's daughter with Alexis.

Oh. My. God. Kristina is such a moron... i just cannot understand how idiotic this girl is...its bad enough she's being dumb enough to cover for Kiefer but to drag an innocent person into it too is just too much, if she wants to be a punch buggy for Kiefer, then thats her own stupid fault but to bring someone else into the mix is just enough!!!

ok now that i vented that, i agree with was said earlier, i think she does go for the crazy guys because her father is one...i do feel sad that alot of women and young girls do go through this type of situation, and i guess its hard for me to relate and feel sympathy because i would never let a guy or anyone else for that matter touch me like that and get away with it.

on a side note, hurray, Lucky is the father, but wouldn't you know Helena would pull strings lol

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;3857931;
    Oh. My. God. Kristina is such a moron... i just cannot understand how idiotic this girl is...its bad enough she's being dumb enough to cover for Kiefer but to drag an innocent person into it too is just too much, if she wants to be a punch buggy for Kiefer, then thats her own stupid fault but to bring someone else into the mix is just enough!!!

ok now that i vented that, i agree with was said earlier, i think she does go for the crazy guys because her father is one...i do feel sad that alot of women and young girls do go through this type of situation, and i guess its hard for me to relate and feel sympathy because i would never let a guy or anyone else for that matter touch me like that and get away with it.

on a side note, hurray, Lucky is the father, but wouldn't you know Helena would pull strings lol
    I didn't realize it was confirmed that Lucky was the father! That will make for some interesting twists.

I don't understand why Helena would want the baby if it isn't a Cassadine.
    Count your blessings!

Because it's the ultimate in evil in her mind..... stealing the Spencer spawn in order to raise him to hate the Spencers and take them down.

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess
    and i guess its hard for me to relate and feel sympathy because i would never let a guy or anyone else for that matter touch me like that and get away with it.
    I've seen far too many strong women IRL that think exactly that.... until they fall under the spell of a man (or woman, actually) that manipulates them into thinking that any violence their own fault. Krystina is surrounded by people thinking that Kiefer is just wonderful. Combine that with believing that her own father beats up women and she's one messed up 16 year old.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I don't ever recall Sonny beating up woman. I do however recall Ric, Molly's dad chaining a pregnant woman to a wall. I find it curious that Alexis likes to have relations with with Sketchy men and the only one Kristina can find fault with is daddy. What about Uncle Ric,and Jerry Jax? Both men who are also responsible for murder and mayhem.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I read an article on a soap site that said they've recast the role of Michael again. The new actor is named Chad Duell and he's done some stuff on Disney Channel. He'll start airing in April. I'm surprised by this one. I don't necessarily like Michael's behavior, but I thought the actor was doing a good job.

The sooner this Kristina rape storyline gets resolved - or at least she tells the truth and Ethan is off the hook - the better. I'm happy that at least a few people in town are doubting Kristina's story. This means that Jason won't be killing him any time soon. I'm not a big fan of Sam, but I really have wanted to slap her lately. It's like any logic has flown out the window and she won't even listen to Jason. I can't wait for Ethan to be vindicated so all those people who were so horrid will have to eat crow!

Didn't Kiefer get a little rough with Kristina before? I seem to remember Sonny's men threatening him at one point.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Who is the Matt character in the opening credits? I don't remember ever seeing him. Is Maxie going to die? Does Kristina know who really roughed her up or is she having amnesia? I don't get to watch every day so I missed when it happened, and today they seemed to show her having a memory, but not a clear picture of the attacker.
    Count your blessings!

Matt is Patrick's half-brother. He's a doctor on staff at the hospital and showed up around the time Rick Springfield was on the show last.

I don't think Maxie is going to die. I haven't read anything about them writing her out.

Kristina does know that Kiefer was her attacker. She just lied to cover for him in the moment because she was still angry at Ethan for humiliating her at the Haunted Star. She's almost confessed her lie to a few people, including Carly, so it's only a matter of time.

Now that Sonny ordered Jason to kill Ethan in front of the ADA (or whatever she is), I guess Ethan is safe for now. Keifer had better be working on his plan to get out of the country and disappear, because once Sonny finds out he did it, that kid is toast.

ETA: According to the official site,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Kiefer will be outed as Kristina's attacker next week. Plus, Skye is coming back and the new Ward - Maya, Edward's granddaughter will arrive next week as well.
    Looks like it might be a good week!
    Last edited by Critical; 03-26-2010 at 07:23 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread