+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 483 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast
Like Tree886Likes

Thread: General Hospital

I am loving the time that Laura is back. And from what I've read, the ratings have increased 20 percent since her comeback. It breaks my heart they won't keep her and that they keep Sonny and all those storylines. Do us a favor and give the fans what they want...Laura.
    Adversity reveals genius. -Horace

If they're going to send Laura back into comatose land, then they really should just let the character die. If they leave her alive, her family (and fans) will always be wondering if she'll be back someday. I think if they can't keep Genie full-time (whether by her hands or theirs) then it's time to let her go for good.

I thought the acting today was superb by Luke, Laura, Nicolas, Lucky and LuLu. I confess it brought tears to my eyes. I really hate that Laura is leaving us again so soon after getting her back. She and Luke were always my favorite GH couple. I wonder if they will address LuLu's abortion with her mother now?

I cried my eyes out today watching Laura say goodbye to her kids and Luke. It seems like she just woke up and then started fading right away. I wish they could have kept her longer. I was thinking that it was lousy to have a sad show for Thanksgiving. Couldn't they at least have kept her through Christmas? It was so good to have her back on the show again. Too bad it didn't last.
    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."-John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2143201;
    Oh shoot! I'm sorry if that spoiled you, Broadway. I figured it wasn't much of a secret with all the talk of how this medicine is a temporary cure. Genie and Tony were on The View yesterday talking about how she's only back for something like 13 weeks. It just feels like a hollow gesture and kind of a slap in the face to long-time fans of GH. I'd give 100 Maxies for Laura to be back permanently.
    Hey... what happened to our 13 weeks??? Instead we got 3? Or... are they going to play this out for 2 more months?

I was so waiting for Tuesday's show where Lulu finally told Laura about the abortion. Very touching and sweet, and I'm glad they did bring Laura back for that very reason. It gave Lulu the ability to know that everything is going to be alright; that her mother was not ashamed of her. Hopefully this will remove that sense of self-loathing that she's allowed to affect all of her relationships.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Regular

Laura's visit

I also feel that they should just let Laura die instead of lingering in that rocking chair for who know how long. Lulu will be much bettr now that her Mother stood by her decision, now maybe we will see some romance for her.

Premium Member
    That was the most incredibly sad episode, especially when they showed Laura seeing their first wedding, and the very end when Luke broke down crying outside her door. I'm tearing up just thinking about it. I had forgotten how amazingly beautiful Genie Francis was back then.

Was it supposed to be 13 weeks or 13 episodes? It sure went by fast. I agree that if they aren't going to keep Laura on the show then they should put her to rest so her character can be at peace, and so Luke and the kids can find some closure and move on. It really sucks that they brought her back for such a short time.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2154283;
    Was it supposed to be 13 weeks or 13 episodes? It sure went by fast. I agree that if they aren't going to keep Laura on the show then they should put her to rest so her character can be at peace, and so Luke and the kids can find some closure and move on. It really sucks that they brought her back for such a short time.
    13 episodes sounds about right - I'd always heard that Laura's "return" was only for November sweeps purposes and never intended to be anything more than that. Everything I'd read seemed to indicate that Genie Francis had no interest in coming back for anything more than a few episodes.

Returning Laura to a catatonic state means they can always "bring her back" at some point in the future - either permanently or the next time sweeps role around (May I think)....Luke and Laura have always been the most valuable part of General Hospital, so there's no way they'd ever kill off one of them.

I loved seeing her again as much as anyone, and I've got very fond memories of the Luke and Laura we knew and loved 25 years ago....but we've all gotten older and let's face it - so have they. They're still ABC's trump card, but I just can't envision any kind of realistic long-running Luke and Laura story line now.
    Love lives forever <3

Marleybone, you might be right. Maybe I mis-heard and Genie was only back for 13 episodes rather than 13 weeks. That really sucks. What was the point of having her back for such a short amount of time? Just to torture us and make us remember how great soap couples used to be?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Hmmmm..

I was reading Soaps In Depth and Genie says:

[Headwriter Bob Guza Jr] was very encouraging,"she reveals. He said, "We'd love to have you back again." And I said, "I'd love to come back again!"

Then further down in the article she said her roots are firmly planted where her family lives. Then she said where there is a will there is a way. "My husband and I are talking about how we would do it and what we would do," she says. We're sort of in the midst of that conversation. But yeah, I do want to continue to work. It's one of the things that I do best, if not the thing I do best. I don't want to turn my back on it. "

Sooooooooooooooooo I would not give up on Laura returning just yet. Sounds like she really wants to return! Guess we will just have to wait and see.... I think Genie would return if they would give her the same outs (for extended periods) that Tony Geary has. I'm not sure why they would not do it since their storylines would overlap anyway....

+ Reply to Thread