+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree940Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3820679;
    Jax and Sonny have BOTH done bad things, but Jax is not a multi-murdering mobster. Sonny is. And Jax is no more responsible for Jerry's actions than Sonny is responsible for Rik's. We're talking about Sonny and Jax, NOT Sonny and Jerry! Comparing Sonny's actions with Jerry's actions is NOT the same as comparing Sonny with Jax --

And by the way, Jax was the one who brought Sam to Port Charles, and Sonny was the one who made a move on Sam and stole her from Jax. And Jax got involved with Brenda AFTER she and Sonny had broken up. So Jax has the right to be mad at Sonny for the wrongs that Sonny did to these women, NOT the other way around!!!!
    Where Jax's hypocrisy comes in is his inability to understand why Carly will protect Sonny at all costs... but he did the same when it came to his brother. Jax has twice now protected Jerry from being captured and prosecuted from his crimes.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3820690;
    Where Jax's hypocrisy comes in is his inability to understand why Carly will protect Sonny at all costs... but he did the same when it came to his brother. Jax has twice now protected Jerry from being captured and prosecuted from his crimes.
    Agreed, Jax is certainly conflicted when it comes to his love for Carly and his frustration with her protecting Sonny at all costs, and with his love for Jerry and at the same time, his being appalled at the horrors that his brother has committed. But that doesn't make Jax a monster. Even Sonny, who has done some pretty terrible things, isn't a monster. Jerry, on the other hand IS a monster, and the writers never really explained what caused the huge change in Jerry. Jerry, at one time, was a charming lovable guy (remember when he was falling in love with Bobbie?), then he left Port Charles for a long time and then out of the blue came back as the masked terrorist/bomber. There was some vague mention of a failed love affair with someone, but no real explanation of what turned him into the evildoer that he is today.

Did Luke actually refer to the "Prada" Museum in Madrid today? Would that be where they display the purses? Good grief. Maybe I misheard. Also, why would his son, the COP, want to be involved in an art theft? Luke's a bit clueless lately, I think.

You know things are turned upside down when Maxie is the most sensible sounding person in PC!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

So Johnny's gonna be a mob boss. . . Not the path I would've chosen for him, but it'll be very interesting to see how this plays out. He's gotta know that it will most likely end his relationship with Olivia though. If she was once in love with Sonny (and pregnant by him) but wouldn't stay with him because of his slight mob connections, then surely she wouldn't stay with Johnny if he became a mobster, for real. Too bad, because I love Johnny and Olivia together --- and it's a shame that Johnny is so obsessed with revenge for his sister's death. Maybe, once he finds out that her death was not caused by Sonny, and Michael was just trying to protect his mother and infant sister, maybe he'll calm down and not be so obsessed with hate and revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3826484;
    So Johnny's gonna be a mob boss. . . Not the path I would've chosen for him, but it'll be very interesting to see how this plays out. He's gotta know that it will most likely end his relationship with Olivia though. If she was once in love with Sonny (and pregnant by him) but wouldn't stay with him because of his slight mob connections, then surely she wouldn't stay with Johnny if he became a mobster, for real. Too bad, because I love Johnny and Olivia together --- and it's a shame that Johnny is so obsessed with revenge for his sister's death. Maybe, once he finds out that her death was not caused by Sonny, and Michael was just trying to protect his mother and infant sister, maybe he'll calm down and not be so obsessed with hate and revenge.
    I can imagine Johnny being a boss on one side of the equation, while the ice melts between Sonny & Dante. Dante is going to be looking for a job since his badge has been taken from him, so maybe he decides Sonny isn't such a bad guy after all & he joins up. Then it will be Olivias boyfriend against her son.

Johnny already knows that Michael killed Claudia. I am not caring for him at all right now. Claudia is dead because she was an idiot. The woman hired someone to kill Sonny it backfired and Michael got shot. Did she really think she was going to get away with almost killing Sonny's son? Claudia got her just desserts. Too bad so sad.

Johnny really can't bad mouth Sonny with his mob connections and own illegal activities.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Yeah, right. A doctor would blurt out that confidential information on front of two guys.
    I love tender Jason.
    Count your blessings!

I loved the "Spixie" scene where they were running around...Maxie in her "Xenon" costume, remember the Disney movie? It was cute because when she fell onto the couch and Spinelli went to kiss her wearing the helmet, it was obviously Kirsten Storms cracking up, not Maxie. And how cute were Lulu and Dante? GH is fast becoming can't miss TV for me again
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3829076;
    Yeah, right. A doctor would blurt out that confidential information on front of two guys.
    I know -- that's when you really want to throw something at the TV.

Katydyd.... add that to the scene between Jason and Diane at the police station. Diane is absolutely classic... and the look of horror on his face when she whipped open her trenchcoat to show him what Max was missing. OMG... I'm still giggling.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread