+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree763Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3819103;
    It was interesting the way they left it yesterday. Sonny not wanting to flee, Dante hesitating and not answering what happened, and Olivia hedging on what she saw. If Dante doesn't press charges (or claims he can't remember and there is no gun) and they can't make the Claudia rap stick (or Michael confesses) then Sonny could still be back to his life of crime. I heard they were trying to bring Brenda back, so we need Sonny and Jax in the same place to fight over her. Oh, and the only one of the child actors I like is Morgan.
    When Dante and Olivia were being questioned separately, I was relieved when they both decided not to incriminate Sonny -- and I don't even know why I reacted that way because I don't care for Sonny (or Maurice Bernard) and I don't like the Sopranos-type mob theme of the show. But I did appreciate that Dante didn't feel he could rat out his own father, and his calling the shooting an accident might have opened the door for a real relationship with his new found family. And I LOVED, LOVED LOVED the scene between Morgan and Dante. That never could have happened if Dante said that Sonny shot him.

I also loved that Jax was completely honest with first Carly and then Michael. As sick and tired as I am of Carly blaming Jax for his attitude about Sonny, in this case, I think she's right --- Jax knew exactly what he was getting into when he married her and took on her (and Sonny's) kids -- and he should have known that there was no way he could keep his family safe from whatever Sonny or Jason did ---

I thought the scene between Michael and Jax was pretty intense too, and this was the first time that I agreed with Michael and thought his anger was appropriate. Not that Jax was wrong, but from Michael's point of view, he finally trusted Jax and Jax betrayed him in the worst possible way.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3819643;
    When Dante and Olivia were being questioned separately, I was relieved when they both decided not to incriminate Sonny -- and I don't even know why I reacted that way because I don't care for Sonny (or Maurice Bernard) and I don't like the Sopranos-type mob theme of the show. But I did appreciate that Dante didn't feel he could rat out his own father, and his calling the shooting an accident might have opened the door for a real relationship with his new found family. And I LOVED, LOVED LOVED the scene between Morgan and Dante. That never could have happened if Dante said that Sonny shot him.

I also loved that Jax was completely honest with first Carly and then Michael. As sick and tired as I am of Carly blaming Jax for his attitude about Sonny, in this case, I think she's right --- Jax knew exactly what he was getting into when he married her and took on her (and Sonny's) kids -- and he should have known that there was no way he could keep his family safe from whatever Sonny or Jason did ---
    I thought the scene between Michael and Jax was pretty intense too, and this was the first time that I agreed with Michael and thought his anger was appropriate. Not that Jax was wrong, but from Michael's point of view, he finally trusted Jax and Jax betrayed him in the worst possible way.
    As to the bolded part, don't you think it is a bit over the top for Carly to react the way she did, yet take no responsibility for her admitted part in trying to get Sonny to leave the country?

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3819646;
    As to the bolded part, don't you think it is a bit over the top for Carly to react the way she did, yet take no responsibility for her admitted part in trying to get Sonny to leave the country?
    Carly did not try to get Sonny to leave to undermine him and get him possibly jailed for fleeing the country. Carly did what she did for Sonny to help keep him free for his kids. There is a big difference.

Jax is a jerk he didn't give two thought to how this would affect those kids at all. All Jax knows is he is jealous of The whole Carly/Sonny/Jason relationship because it will always be important to Carly.

Jax really has nerve he expects Carly to understand how he can still love his brother,yet he wants her to give up two people she considers her family.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3819689;
    Carly did not try to get Sonny to leave to undermine him and get him possibly jailed for fleeing the country. Carly did what she did for Sonny to help keep him free for his kids. There is a big difference.

Jax is a jerk he didn't give two thought to how this would affect those kids at all. All Jax knows is he is jealous of The whole Carly/Sonny/Jason relationship because it will always be important to Carly.

Jax really has nerve he expects Carly to understand how he can still love his brother,yet he wants her to give up two people she considers her family.
    Totally agree!!! Jax should have let it be....and just loved Carly and the kids. He is two faced when it comes to his brother and Sonny. IMO his brother is worst than Sonny!

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Omg, Way worse than Sonny! I love Sonny....and the mob storylines. But I never watched the show when it wasn't involved, so I don't know GH without it. But I can't stand Jax. I find him to be incredibly hypocritical when it comes to his problems with Sonny. I don't think Carly over reacted at all this time. And Michael definitely didn't. I also loved the scenes with Morgan and Dante....super sweet.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3819892;
    Omg, Way worse than Sonny! I love Sonny....and the mob storylines. But I never watched the show when it wasn't involved, so I don't know GH without it. But I can't stand Jax. I find him to be incredibly hypocritical when it comes to his problems with Sonny. I don't think Carly over reacted at all this time. And Michael definitely didn't. I also loved the scenes with Morgan and Dante....super sweet.
    The thing that Jax won't admit is that had the child been a teenage Josselyn or Molly coming to Uncle Sonny for help he would have helped the child with no problem.

Sonny may not like Jax but he would not do anything to hurt him because of Carly and his kids. Jax is not a man he is a wimp.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Putting aside whether we like Sonny or Jax better as personalities --- the main issue is that Sonny (and Jason) are criminals who kill people and Jax is a businessman. There is a huge difference! Yes, Jax's brother is a monster and Jax loves his brother, BUT Jax DOES NOT CONDONE what his brother does (in fact he hates and is horrified by what his brother has turned into)!

People keep saying that Sonny wouldn't do anything to hurt his kids -- or Carly's kids, but that's not true. The mere fact that Sonny insists on staying in the mob business creates a constant threat to his kids. Almost every child who has been hurt on the show has been hurt because of Sonny - his unborn child was blown up and killed in a car bombing, Michael and Kristina were kidnapped and almost murdered, Michael was shot in the head, and there were several other occurrences over the years that I can't remember right at the moment.

You may not like Jax, and it's true that Jax hates Sonny, but Jax has the right and the moral obligation to keep his family safe. Think for a moment, about what lengths YOU would go to if someone was continually threatening the safety of YOUR child. . .

Call me when jax plots to put Jerry Jax in prison. Last I looked when Jerry Jax held everyone hostage he put Sonny's kids at risk for being without a mom and dad.

Jax likes to play The White Knight when in reality he is more like a Black Plague. If Jax would stop getting involved with woman who have dated Sonny then he wouldn't have to worry about danger. Jax knew what he was in for with Carly and he married her anyway.
    Last edited by MsDiva2007; 02-07-2010 at 12:46 PM.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Amen MsDiva! Jax might not actually pull the trigger and kill someone.....but he covers things up which could lead to death. He's not better than Sonny just because he's a business man. There are plenty of shady business men out there
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3820178;
    Call me when jax plots to put Jerry Jax in prison. Last I looked when Jerry Jax held everyone hostage he put Sonny's kids at risk for being without a mom and dad.

Jax likes to play The White Knight when in reality he is more like a Black Plague. If Jax would stop getting involved with woman who have dated Sonny then he wouldn't have to worry about danger. Jax knew what he was in for with Carly and he married her anyway.
    Jax and Sonny have BOTH done bad things, but Jax is not a multi-murdering mobster. Sonny is. And Jax is no more responsible for Jerry's actions than Sonny is responsible for Rik's. We're talking about Sonny and Jax, NOT Sonny and Jerry! Comparing Sonny's actions with Jerry's actions is NOT the same as comparing Sonny with Jax --

And by the way, Jax was the one who brought Sam to Port Charles, and Sonny was the one who made a move on Sam and stole her from Jax. And Jax got involved with Brenda AFTER she and Sonny had broken up. So Jax has the right to be mad at Sonny for the wrongs that Sonny did to these women, NOT the other way around!!!!

+ Reply to Thread