+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree995Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Re: General Hospital

Haha...I couldn't think of anything else! I love that man! But yes, lots happened...glad that Sonny FINALLY knows that Dante is his son. Olivia should have told him right away....Sonny would welcome him with open arms. And now look what happened...she made the wrong choice.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Wow! What a week in PC. Once Michael overheard Dominic/Dante telling Johnny he was a cop, everything had to move quickly after that, and it surely did. The highlights for me were the scenes between Dominic/Dante + Lulu, and the look on Sonny's face when Olivia told him that Dominic/Dante was his son. Good for Sonny that in spite of all the anger he was feeling at being betrayed, he did an absolute 180 in his feelings for Dominic/Dante! No matter what bad things Sonny does, he really does love his kids unconditionally, and his instantly loving Dominic/Dante in spite of Dominic/Dante being a cop and trying to bring him down, certainly proves it. And I loved Johnny staying by Olivia's side to give her support -- in the face of everything that's been thrown at him --- what a sweetheart! But for me, the absolute highlight of the whole week was the look of horror on Michael's face when Sonny told him that Dominic/Dante is his son . . . Priceless!!!

PS And yes, Jason did look yummy in his suit. . .

I hadn't been watching to show for several weeks, but tuned in for the big reveal - this is probably why ABC promoted it so much. I'm not a big Sonny fan - I'd prefer the show actually go back to being about the hospital - but the last few episodes have been really well done. I'll never be a big Maurice Benard fan, but the other actors are really doing a great job.

One of my favorite scenes was the one today with the kids. Interesting that the only one really defending Sonny was Michael and he isn't even a blood relative. I wasn't sure about the new Kristina at first, but I think the actress is doing a great job. Her scenes have been terrific lately. I'm curious to see how things with play out with Morgan. He loved Dominic/Dante before he knew they were brothers and before their father shot D. I'm liking the actor who plays Morgan more and more, but I find the character of Molly a little much sometimes. She's just a little TOO precocious.

I'm not happy with how Robin and Patrick are being handled and I don't like Lisa at all. Someone mentioned how great Scott Reeves looks and I have to disagree. His face looks awful and that hair? Ugh. No chief of staff at a hospital is going to look like some tragically hip LA bar hound. All the grooming just makes him look like he's trying too hard. I was during the surgery scenes yesterday with SR hunched over in the too-big gown and hat and his arms all stuck out at that weird angle over the "patient.". It was so "amateur hour." Maybe it's too soon to make this kind of judgment but, unless TPTB do some work, I'd say the return of Steven Webber is, yet again, a flop.

Interesting that Dante being a cop is what pushed Luke over the edge about Lulu dating him. Luke didn't seem ALL that upset when they thought "Dominic" was a mobster.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Omg I can't stand Kristina. I understand she has issues morals wise with Daddy and his career choice, but what about that Abuser she is dating? Apparently men who beat up women are fine with her.

I imagine just like the rest of Port chuckles once little Kristina needs daddy to protect her from the evil Keifer he won't look so bad. I then hope Sonny turns his back on her. I also hope Sonny reminds her that he isn't good enough to help her out and walks out on her.

All the citizens of Port Chuckles want a Mobster in there pockets until the cops show up.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3817671;
    Omg I can't stand Kristina. I understand she has issues morals wise with Daddy and his career choice, but what about that Abuser she is dating? Apparently men who beat up women are fine with her.

I imagine just like the rest of Port chuckles once little Kristina needs daddy to protect her from the evil Keifer he won't look so bad. I then hope Sonny turns his back on her. I also hope Sonny reminds her that he isn't good enough to help her out and walks out on her.

All the citizens of Port Chuckles want a Mobster in there pockets until the cops show up.
    If Kristina was a grown woman, I'd feel that way about her, but she's not an adult - she's a teenage girl and teenage girls do silly, contradictory and often stupid things. I think the actress is playing the part really well. Actually there are a lot of grown women who can run everyone else's life perfectly, but can't see their own situation clearly. Her absent father is definitely a contributing factor in her searching for love wherever she can get it....even if he's abusive. Keifer may be a creep, but he's also very charming, just like Sonny.

Sonny is a mob boss and a murderer. His daughter - who has been neglected by him for years - is at an impressionable age and she's suddenly discovered who her father really is. Based on who her father is, I don't think her relationship with Keifer is all that surprising. He'll eventually get his, either at the hands of Jason or Sonny or someone. Sonny won't ever NOT love one of his kids. He has a multitude of flaws, but he sticks by his kids.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3817820;
    If Kristina was a grown woman, I'd feel that way about her, but she's not an adult - she's a teenage girl and teenage girls do silly, contradictory and often stupid things. I think the actress is playing the part really well. Actually there are a lot of grown women who can run everyone else's life perfectly, but can't see their own situation clearly. Her absent father is definitely a contributing factor in her searching for love wherever she can get it....even if he's abusive. Keifer may be a creep, but he's also very charming, just like Sonny.

Sonny is a mob boss and a murderer. His daughter - who has been neglected by him for years - is at an impressionable age and she's suddenly discovered who her father really is. Based on who her father is, I don't think her relationship with Keifer is all that surprising. He'll eventually get his, either at the hands of Jason or Sonny or someone. Sonny won't ever NOT love one of his kids. He has a multitude of flaws, but he sticks by his kids.
    Sonny has no relationship with Kristina because Alexis would not allow it. Alexis preferred Ric a crook in his own right to Kristina's real dad. Keeping Sonny away from her hasn't worked out to well for her since she has managed to involve herself with men of the same ilk.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3818719;
    Sonny has no relationship with Kristina because Alexis would not allow it. Alexis preferred Ric a crook in his own right to Kristina's real dad. Keeping Sonny away from her hasn't worked out to well for her since she has managed to involve herself with men of the same ilk.
    True, but he admitted not long ago that he didn't really fight Alexis too hard on that.

I think Alexis may be ready to kick her bad boy habit with Mac! Here's to hoping!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3818721;
    True, but he admitted not long ago that he didn't really fight Alexis too hard on that.

I think Alexis may be ready to kick her bad boy habit with Mac! Here's to hoping!
    Do you all remember Alexis' great relationship with Ned? That was one of my favorite relationships of all time. They had such great chemistry and bantered with each other all the time -- they were really adorable -- but sadly, when Ned wanted to get married, Alexis just didn't want to, and they ended up growing apart.

It was interesting the way they left it yesterday. Sonny not wanting to flee, Dante hesitating and not answering what happened, and Olivia hedging on what she saw. If Dante doesn't press charges (or claims he can't remember and there is no gun) and they can't make the Claudia rap stick (or Michael confesses) then Sonny could still be back to his life of crime. I heard they were trying to bring Brenda back, so we need Sonny and Jax in the same place to fight over her. Oh, and the only one of the child actors I like is Morgan.
    Count your blessings!

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Can i just say how much I love love love Lulu and Dante together!!! They have great chemistry. I hope GH makes them into a real long standing couple. They are great together!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

+ Reply to Thread