+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree889Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Gutmutter You're right... you've missed them and all you've gotten is the whimpering Johnny.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3793845;
    Since I've started watching again recently after a 13 year hiatus () all I've seen of Johnny is him pretending to work for Sonny while he really wants to avenge his sister's death, and being mean to the woman (names! sorry!) who has the hots for Sonny but won't admit it or tell him that he has a son. If Johnny has redeeming features, I haven't seen them yet.
    Gutmutter, You've only seen a tiny piece of the Johnny Zacchara puzzle --- in fact, what you've seen of Johnny only comes after months and months of frustration, disappointment and heartache. Johnny is actually a sweet, charming, 'good guy' who was born into the wrong family. He is the little brother of the monster psycho-b*tch Claudia, and he relentlessly stood up for her and tried to protect her time after time, no matter how horrendous her actions were -- her mob hits and attempted murders, not to mention all of her other heinous actions.

Johnny is in love with Olivia, and he thought she loved him back, but Olivia broke his heart by betraying him -- she refused to tell him that her son, Dominic/Dante is an undercover cop who came to Port Charles to kill the honchos in Sonny's organization, (and he told her that he was going to kill Johnny too), nor did she tell him that Dominic/Dante is Sonny's son, and she acted like (and convinced Johnny) that she was in love with him -- but at the same time she was/is carrying a huge torch for her old lover, Sonny.

When Johnny's sister Claudia was brutally murdered, at the same time, Johnny found out about Olivia's lies -- and it broke his heart. But he's still is in love with her, and so he is trying to be with her -- or not be with her, he just isn't okay right now. . .

And by the way, Johnny isn't pretending to work for Sonny, he IS working for Sonny. Sonny took over Johnny's father's Zacchara mob organization when Sonny lost his own organization, and he made a deal with Johnny's father that if he married Claudia, he could run the Zacchara organization. Johnny was not happy about it, but being a totally good guy, he agreed to be loyal to Sonny, and he was and still is. Unfortunately, he just found out that Sonny's son killed his sister Claudia and that someone dug up Claudia's grave and took the body --- so that's the frustration and rage that you're seeing -- because even though Johnny is being loyal to Sonny, he is out of his mind with grief -- and the only person he can turn to for comfort, Olivia, has just told him she still has feelings for Sonny. . .
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 01-13-2010 at 10:02 AM.

Ok! Ok! Johnny = good. Thanks for the background.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3796311;
    Ok! Ok! Johnny = good. Thanks for the background.
    Oooooops. . . I did go on and on, didn't I. Sorry, it's just that I so hate to see Johnny miscast as a bad guy when, in spite of his horrible upbringing and his dispicable family, he's so sweet and allows himself to be so vulnerable, even in the face of almost certain heartbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3797346;
    Oooooops. . . I did go on and on, didn't I. Sorry, it's just that I so hate to see Johnny miscast as a bad guy when, in spite of his horrible upbringing and his dispicable family, he's so sweet and allows himself to be so vulnerable, even in the face of almost certain heartbreak.
    I thought it was a sweet love letter to Johnny, imperfect1.

And I agree with you. That's why I hope they give him another juicy storyline and don't let him disappear.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

so, my DVR cut off the last 3 minutes...Did Lucky catch Elisabeth?

I can only hope that Lucky kicks both Liz and Nik to the curb. Omg I detest that child Liz so much! The only thing I can say about this whole James Franco storyline is Yawn Snooze!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3797397;
    I thought it was a sweet love letter to Johnny, imperfect1.

And I agree with you. That's why I hope they give him another juicy storyline and don't let him disappear.
    Thanks Broadway! I remember when Johnny first appeared in Port Charles, and I thought, okay, here's another typical, big mouth, bad boy, mob rat, Sopranos type. . . boy, was I wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3798091;
    so, my DVR cut off the last 3 minutes...Did Lucky catch Elisabeth?
    YUP! Finally! It's not that I dislike Nikolas or Elizabeth, it's just that their actions are going to hurt Lucky so much! But they made the choice to act on their feelings, and now they have to deal with the consequences. We all do.

Same for Patrick. We all see where this is going with the ex-girlfriend, and it's like trying to stop a speeding train. . .Wouldn't it be wonderful if he could just enjoy her as a pal (even a pal with immense sexual attraction would be okay) so long as he manned up and remembered his priorities, and how he would totally break Robin's heart if he violates her trust.

I feel like Patrick IS just enjoying her as a pal (guys are clueless) and she's fishing for him for all she's worth.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread