+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree972Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

OMG! Now I know why the king didn't kill Sheherazade! So are there spoiler sites for GH? My luck, we'll have a staff meeting next Monday.
    Count your blessings!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3790196;
    OMG! Now I know why the king didn't kill Sheherazade!
    Too funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3790196;
    My luck, we'll have a staff meeting next Monday.
    That's what DVRs (TIVO's) are for. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3790646;
    That's what DVRs (TIVO's) are for. . .
    ...and SoapNet....and ABC.com

I, for one, will be thrilled when this whole Franco storyline is OVER. I hated every minute of it and I've realized that I actually don't really like James Franco. I've liked some things he's been in (Freaks and Geeks, especially), but I actually don't like him. Next to Steve Burton, he looks like an amateur.

I keep asking myself "This is what they put the
    Click to see Spoiler:
    new Cassadine
    story on hold for? "

From what I've read, Franco's story didn't really give them a big ratings bump either. When will TPTB realize that the fans want great stories with the characters they already know and love, not stunt casting?

Speaking of characters we know and love....how much fun was the Alexis/Mac date where the car broke down? Loved it! I also really love all the scenes with Alexis and her three daughters. Not only do they all have great chemistry, but they feel and look like they could be a family. I wasn't sure about them making Sam Alexis's daughter at first, but I like seeing her as part of a family and behaving like a big sister.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Critical... I agree with every last bit. This storyline is definitely one that I wanted to end nearly as soon as it began. Loved the buildup, but the actual story was horrible. It could have been good, but James Franco absolutely sucked. I think I could have done a better job acting the part of a crazed, delusional serial killing MAN better than he has. Crud.... Kevin Costner could have done a better job than JF has.

The one good thing that I have enjoyed through this is Steve Burton. I have a feeling that we're going to get a bit more depth out of his character now that Franco has forced Jason into examining the whys of his current state. At the very least it has made him really examine his relationship with Sam.

And.. are you getting the feeling that this might become the beginning of the "end" of Sonny's business? I heard rumors about this time last year that Sonny was going to hit a wall (maybe before they cast Sarah Brown.) The scenes this week with first Kristina telling him that EVERYTHING is his fault, and then his taking the emotional blame for Michael's predicament.... I just get a sense that this might be where we're finally going with Sonny. I haven't read spoilers in ages so this might be a big DUH revelation on my part.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3791550;
    Critical... I agree with every last bit. This storyline is definitely one that I wanted to end nearly as soon as it began. Loved the buildup, but the actual story was horrible. It could have been good, but James Franco absolutely sucked. I think I could have done a better job acting the part of a crazed, delusional serial killing MAN better than he has. Crud.... Kevin Costner could have done a better job than JF has.

The one good thing that I have enjoyed through this is Steve Burton. I have a feeling that we're going to get a bit more depth out of his character now that Franco has forced Jason into examining the whys of his current state. At the very least it has made him really examine his relationship with Sam.

And.. are you getting the feeling that this might become the beginning of the "end" of Sonny's business? I heard rumors about this time last year that Sonny was going to hit a wall (maybe before they cast Sarah Brown.) The scenes this week with first Kristina telling him that EVERYTHING is his fault, and then his taking the emotional blame for Michael's predicament.... I just get a sense that this might be where we're finally going with Sonny. I haven't read spoilers in ages so this might be a big DUH revelation on my part.
    I agree with your analysis Broadway (and your comments too, Critical). The Franco storyline was an interesting idea, but it went over the top into ridiculousness. But any storyline that gives us more and deeper Jason/Steve Burton at least has that as a silver lining.

I would like to see Sonny try to legitimize. . . again. Enough already with the Daytime Sopranos. His transformation into legitimacy (and the resultant fallout affecting all the other characters who are related to the crime world) could be an interesting storyline.

Okay... have I completely missed what the C077x stands for??? Did Franco explain that in his video?

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3793517;
    Okay... have I completely missed what the C077x stands for??? Did Franco explain that in his video?
    Franco said that CO77x was his mug shot number when he was first arrested for a crime he didn't commit.

So are we done with Franco now? He just walks away? There's that little bit about him killing someone for everyone Jason kills. Maybe Jason will use that knowlege to stop killing. Maybe Johnny will run after him and disappear, too.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3793699;
    Franco said that CO77x was his mug shot number when he was first arrested for a crime he didn't commit.
    Ahhhhh.... I missed that. Thank you!!!

Gutmutter I like Johnny. I just don't like that they haven't written much of a storyline for him since he and Lulu broke up.

Love the fact that Franco has now given them a convenient out if the body found in the warehouse is really Claudia. Or will it be? Hmmm...

Still hate the slimeball Kiefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3793762;
    Gutmutter I like Johnny. I just don't like that they haven't written much of a storyline for him since he and Lulu broke up.
    Since I've started watching again recently after a 13 year hiatus () all I've seen of Johnny is him pretending to work for Sonny while he really wants to avenge his sister's death, and being mean to the woman (names! sorry!) who has the hots for Sonny but won't admit it or tell him that he has a son. If Johnny has redeeming features, I haven't seen them yet.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread