+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree885Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

I've been missing a lot lately with Christmas functions and kids home. But I caught the end yesterday and wondered why someone running a hospital (Elizabeth's brother) would look so unprofessional. His hair looked like he applied mousse and then let a chimp groom him for fleas!
    Count your blessings!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3771417;
    I love love love the karaoke scenes! What a great addition!
    Me too!!! They are fun and delightful!

I'm also enjoying some of the new romances. . . Kate and Coleman, wow, there's an odd couple. But there is definitely chemistry between them, and I think that Coleman's a babe -- (an older, slightly out-of-shape babe, admittedly, but still very attractive). I'm glad Coleman's finally getting a real storyline. It's been a long time coming. I was very ready to see Kate depart the show, as I've never particularly cared for her, but Whoa! I like her a lot with Coleman!

Alexis and Mac -- they could be a great match, or not. I like the idea of the two of them together, but so far I don't fee any chemistry between them --- but I can see some potential.

I was sorry that Maxi and Franco didn't have more of a fling. There was some HOT chemistry between the two of them, and I just don't see any chemistry at all between Maxi and Spinelli. I will be very ready for that relationship to end --- Spinelli's already gotten his heart broken several times by Maxi -- and it's just painful to watch how Maxi treats Spinelli (including cheating on him several times), and then she goes through her histrionics, and/or cries with remorse afterwards. Enough already!

And still loving Olivia and Johnny! Especially Johnny! He is so sweet and vulnerable with her -- even after his learning about Dante's identity.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Need40winks;3766745;
    Ruby....
    RIght, Ruby! Maybe Norma was the actresses name... or no connection. I didn't know that about her being the aunt, or I'd forgotten. (Sorry for the delay in response!)
    I did see a bit of Spinelli being twisted into pieces again the other day...with Sam having to be the voice of reason (!!!) and relationship advisor and saying that having Spinelli get a "free cheat" would NOT make everything ok. Time to move on, Spinelli!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3772652;
    I did see a bit of Spinelli being twisted into pieces again the other day...with Sam having to be the voice of reason (!!!) and relationship advisor and saying that having Spinelli get a "free cheat" would NOT make everything ok. Time to move on, Spinelli!
    I would LOVE to see the writers bring back 'the Priestess" -- that adorable little FBI agent who has the hots for Spinelli, and for Spinelli to finally be attracted to her. I would love to see that story unfold. What a perfect couple they would be!!!

And that would free Maxi up to be with her next conquest, who I hope will be, either Franco (well, she likes those bad boys!), or Patrick's little brother, doctor Matt, who's just been waiting in the wings. (For those of you who don't watch Days of Our Lives, the actors who play Maxi and Matt were long time lovers on Days, and had great chemistry together.)

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3772944;
    I would LOVE to see the writers bring back 'the Priestess" -- that adorable little FBI agent who has the hots for Spinelli, and for Spinelli to finally be attracted to her. I would love to see that story unfold. What a perfect couple they would be!!!
    Ugh! I couldn't stand that character! Spinelli has become tolerable but, in scenes with the FBI agent, he became totally annoying again. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I hope to God they don't bring that character back, although I don't necessarily think he and Maxie should be together either.

I think she probably had good chemistry with the actor who plays Matt while they were on Days, but it didn't seem to work on this show. They "tested" that pairing when he first started and then didn't pursue it. The same thing happened with Ricky Paull Goldin and Beth Ehlers when they both ended up on AMC - the chemistry just wasn't there with those new characters.

Anyone else ready for Kristina's sleaze of a boyfriend to get what's coming to him?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3773115;
    Ugh! I couldn't stand that character! Spinelli has become tolerable but, in scenes with the FBI agent, he became totally annoying again. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I hope to God they don't bring that character back, although I don't necessarily think he and Maxie should be together either.

I think she probably had good chemistry with the actor who plays Matt while they were on Days, but it didn't seem to work on this show. They "tested" that pairing when he first started and then didn't pursue it. The same thing happened with Ricky Paull Goldin and Beth Ehlers when they both ended up on AMC - the chemistry just wasn't there with those new characters.

Anyone else ready for Kristina's sleaze of a boyfriend to get what's coming to him?
    I know what you mean Critical, about Spinelli and the Priestess --- but maybe this would make their pairing more tolerable --- if they paired them up, gave them a cute little love story (so we'd have a happy ending for Spinelli) and then got them both off the show!

Re the actors who play Matt and Maxi --- Interesting. I didn't realize they were tested for chemistry early on, when Matt first joined GH. Truthfully, I was surprised and disappointed that I didn't particularly feel any chemistry between them either, because the chemistry between them on Days was so deep, but I thought it was just because, if you remember, Matt was so obnoxious in the beginning when he first joined GH. Too bad --- I hope they try again because I think the possibilities are great with those two -- but in any event, Maxi is not my favorite character, and the only way I can even stand her quirkiness (?) is if she is paired with someone who has incredible chemistry with her. I thought there were some real sparks with the cop she was in love with, and with Johnny, and definitely with Franco --- but not with Lucky when they had their affair, and definitely not with Spinelli.

And yeah, Kristina's boyfriend definitely has to get his. . .
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 12-21-2009 at 07:38 AM.

Ok, as someone that is more on again off again with GH...why does Spinelli refer to his marriage to Maxi as non-marriage and she is his non-wife???

TIA.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3775450;
    Ok, as someone that is more on again off again with GH...why does Spinelli refer to his marriage to Maxi as non-marriage and she is his non-wife???

TIA.
    Because they're not married.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3775458;
    Because they're not married.
    OH.....I thought they were???
    KAREN

They made it as far as the wedding and Spinelli realized she wasn't ready yet, so he told her they would wait, but they still had the reception and called it a non-wedding.
    Twice now Sonny's old girlfriend (with son) has asked God to give her signs of what to do about telling Sonny he has a son and twice she's ignored the signs. It's pi$$ing me off. The little dinner party today with her mother's recipe and the 3 of them sitting around with their little secrets made me so mad!
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread