+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1170Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;3766530;
    OK....that is ridiculous. Kinda like Jack's adopted son Reggie just disappearing on AMC. Is this a ABC soap thing? or do other networks do this too

And speaking of unlikely soap plots, there is NO WAY that Franko could have watched Michael kill Claudia --- he would've had to have been a total MIND READER and PSYCHIC with ESP, even if he was following Jason (and did he follow Jason EVERY time Jason left his apartment, or just when he ANTICIPATED that Jason was going to commit a murder???) --- Prior to Jason’s even leaving his apartment on the night of Claudia’s shooting, Franko would somehow, have to have been privy to the phone call which caused Jason to rush out of his apartment --- or how else would Franko have known where to go, because Jason didn't even get to the cabin until AFTER Claudia was shot. Or else, somehow, Franko ANTICIPATED that Jason was going to go, on this particular night, to this particular abandoned cabin somewhere in the woods????? And he ALSO ANTICIPATED that there was going to be a murder in that cabin, so he should be sure to take his CAMERA with him??? And, on that stormy, snowy night, he just happed to find the cabin in the middle of the woods (in an area that he doesn't even know!) and get there BEFORE Jason, who was rushing to get there as fast as he could????? And Franko has his camera all focused, aimed and ready to shoot what he ANTICIPATES is going to be a murder. And he does this on what, a moment's notice --- because Michael unexpectedly burst into the cabin, assessed the situation and immediately shot Claudia! And of course, it turns out that it wasn't a murder after all, and the killing wasn't even done by Jason, but somehow Franko is PRIVY TO the knowledge of Jason's emotional past history with Michael, and that Jason would protect Michael at all costs --- enough for Franko to taunt Jason about it????? Oh puleeeeeeeze!!!! Give me a break!!!!! Do the writers think that we wouldn't see how contrived and impossible this all is???? Listen, Franko is very cute, and quirky, and charming, but this storyline is so contrived and over the top that it is ridiculous! I keep telling myself, relax, this is just TV, but still guys, isn't this just too much?
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 12-12-2009 at 09:36 AM.

Gutmutter.... no eyerolls from this crowd. It's been fun reading and reliving the old storylines. I, too, have been watching GH since I was far too young... I remember it from the Luke/Laura disco days and their time on the lam. Shoot, wasn't that the late 70s? I wasn't even 10.. where was my mother?

Bobbie just kind of disappeared, too. About a year ago GH started taking a lot of the older actors off of contract status and they only bring them in as needed. Bobbie, Monica, Edward, Mac, Tracy, Rik.... all were victims of this. We only catch glimpses of them when storylines require them and it's like they've been there the entire time.. just in different areas of the hospital.

Imperfect.. yes, it is an odd continuity break for them. I'm thinking they could solve it by saying that he didn't actually SEE Michael do it, but he put two and two together with the aftermath because arriving with Jason would have made him privy to all of the details.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I am thoroughly enjoying the scenes with Franco and Jason. James Franco is captivating. I can't keep my eyes off him. GH really scored getting him!!

Anyone else annoyed with the actress that plays Patricks old girlfriend? Something about the way she talks....drives me nuts. Also I am so sick of Elizabeth and her "right" to have entitlement to every man in Port Charles. Over her. Big time.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Thanks Broadway! I couldn't figure out if Bobbi was still on the show or not. That answers my question. I had a good laugh reading through some of the bios from GH on Wiki... some of the storylines are so convoluted, especially when they're summarized. I found myself thinking, "I remember that!" more than once. When my kids were little I watched GH and Santa Barbara. Remember that? I still have a thing for A. Martinez. He shows up every once in a while on a Lifetime movie or old rerun.
    The Franco/Jason confrontation yesterday had me on the edge of my seat. Especially with Lucky and the undercover guy (sorry! names!) finding him on the computer at the same time Jason is caught in his web. Something's going on there. Can't wait to find out what.
    Count your blessings!

Bobbie just shows up periodically and stands there looking surprised, which is probably a combination of Botox and an inability to believe she's actually been given work on the show.

I actually wasn't all that impressed with the Franco/Jason scenes. It felt too "Hey, look! We got a big star on the show!" to me. Not that James Franco is a huge star or anything. I was waiting for Franco to shout "ACTING!!!"

I'm still enjoying Lulu / Dante and wondering if the entire town will know that Dante is a cop before Sonny does.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Do you watch Days of our Lives? Cause if you do....you would be SOOOO impressed with the Jason/Franco scenes! At times with GH, I forget I'm watching a soap.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3767600;
    Do you watch Days of our Lives? Cause if you do....you would be SOOOO impressed with the Jason/Franco scenes! At times with GH, I forget I'm watching a soap.
    I did watch DOOL for a while many years ago. They lost me when Marlena was possessed by the Devil. Not that One Life to Live hasn't done some whacked out story lines, but I don't think there's ever been an exorcism!

I've never LOVED James Franco, but I haven't disliked him either. He was on Freaks and Geeks, which I loved. I guess it's not so much him that I mind, but this lame story line, which feels really contrived, even for a soap. I keep watching Steve Burton's expressions and wondering if he's thinking "I can't believe I'm having to do this crap." Maybe Jason's supposed to look horrified, but I like to imagine that Steve's a bit horrified too!

On another note, James Franco is hosting SNL next weekend. I wonder if he'll mention GH.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3767536;
    I'm still enjoying Lulu / Dante and wondering if the entire town will know that Dante is a cop before Sonny does.
    Dante and Lulu are SO MUCH FUN! I love the scenes of just the two of them spending time together and acting their age. They are so relaxed and natural.

And just think of the ramifications of having Sonny and Luke's kids dating!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Can I get a "Hell yeah!" for the Kate/Coleman smooch!? I LOVE Coleman and have been kind of annoyed that Kate got thrown on the back burner. I'd love to see this develop into something. Odd combination - bar owner and fashion mag editor - but I like it.

Also, I hope they keep going with the Mac/Alexis pairing too. I like Mac when he isn't ranting about Spinelli. The karaoke stuff is inspired! I'll never hear the song "Macho Man" even again without thinking of Mac and Patrick!....and Coleman!

Scott Reeves is doing okay but MAN is he short. I think Kim McCullough is maybe 5'2", so he must be no more than 5'6". He looks tiny standing next to Jason Thompson!

I love love love the karaoke scenes! What a great addition!

+ Reply to Thread