+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1032Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3764227;
    He is. Alan had an affair with Susan Moore. AJ is Monica's son.
    You guys will NEVER GUESS what I just found on YouTube!!!! An old General Hospital video from 1980, where Monica and Rick Webber confess to Alan that AJ is Monica and Rick's son!!!! Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofqygNRqyDU I can't believe I thought that it was Jason who was Monica's son, but I guess it was AJ.

My favorite era of GH was during the Ned/Lois, Brenda/Sonny, Miguel/Lili era, when there was lots of excitement at L&B records, lots of singing and performing (remember Ricky Martin as Miguel ) and Ned rocking it out as Eddie Main!

Thanks! I enjoyed that. My all-time favorite memory of GH was when they used to do a hospital fundraiser talent show and Alan Quartermain did a number from Roger and Hammerstein's Cinderella. Either the voice or some gesture made me realize in a shocked moment that he had been the prince in the original I used to love as a child with Leslie Ann Warren. I could never look at him the same again.
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3764798;
    Wow...fun recalling "way back when." I can remember 8th grade gym class in my all-girls Catholic school (scary, right? ) the day after Luke raped Laura on the disco floor. That was all anyone was talking about. And I have vague recollections of nurse Annie and Heather Webber and baby Steven Lars. And the other blonde nurse, whose name completely escapes me. But it's pretty weird to realize this show has been a part of the last 3/4 of my life....which is a really long time
    Amy Vining?

Remember Frisco? And his blonde "Aztec" princess...even then I thought that was a bit weird...

Lucy used to organize that hospital fundraiser (for AIDS I think)...had myriad costume changes, but always wound up in public in her underwear somehow... Sigh, good times. And as you say, HOSPITAL focused, not mob focused.

I don't want to turn this into the "GH YouTube Clips" thread, but I had to share this one:YouTube - General Hospital- Better Days
    It's been around for so long, the poster had to change the music from "Better Days" to something else because the record company people were being jerks. Not as good with the new song, but the footage is awesome: Lila and the original Edward, Frisco and Felicia, STEVE HARDY (), Jason Quartermaine, The Ice Princess, Duke Lavery, Blackie Parrish, Sean and Tiffany, Chief Rooney..... Ah, memories...

For good measure: YouTube - BJ's Heart This is still one of the best stories they've ever told on GH. I'm sitting here in tears after having watched it. Just thinking about the moment when Felicia learns that Maxie's new heart came from BJ can make me cry.

Lots of great clips on YouTube for longtime fans of the show
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

"Woo HOO!!!" for Jason giving Michael hell today! That was awesome! I loved it. It's about time someone put that kid in his place. It probably won't have any effect, but it was satisfying to see that brat get knocked down a few pegs.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3765135;
    Amy Vining?
    It wasn't Amy, this one was older at the time and was involved in the baby switch. I can picture her clear as day, but the name....oh well. Thanks guys for all the clips. It was a nice walk down memory lane
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3765622;
    It wasn't Amy, this one was older at the time and was involved in the baby switch. I can picture her clear as day, but the name....oh well. Thanks guys for all the clips. It was a nice walk down memory lane
    Heather Webber and baby Steven Lars! Here's an interesting and timely question --- Is Steven Lars (or the switched baby) the same person as GH's new Dr. Webber -- Rebecca's brother?

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3765588;
    "Woo HOO!!!" for Jason giving Michael hell today! That was awesome! I loved it. It's about time someone put that kid in his place. It probably won't have any effect, but it was satisfying to see that brat get knocked down a few pegs.
    YESSSSS!!!!! Michael is really turning into a monster!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3765643;
    Heather Webber and baby Steven Lars! Here's an interesting and timely question --- Is Steven Lars (or the switched baby) the same person as GH's new Dr. Webber -- Rebecca's brother?
    Yes he is. It was driving me nuts so I had to look up the history. The blonde I was thinking of was Diana Taylor. There wasn't so much a baby "switch" as she and her husband, Dr. Peter Taylor, adopted a baby boy who they named PJ. PJ, it turned out, was actually the son of Dr. Jeff Webber and Heather Webber...Steven Lars. Who we now know as Dr. Steven Webber, Elizabeth's half brother
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3765588;
    Loved it! "Quit being such a bitch!"

And can I say that Scott Reeves has aged beauuuuuuuutifully? Dayum but that man is still as hot today as he was 20+ years ago on Days.

And Katydid... your post just came at a timely moment as I watch today's show. I don't think there is one set of siblings on this show that aren't half-related. Nick, Lucky, and whatshisname were just fighting and I laughed because Lucky and Nick share a mom and Lucky and whatshisname share a Dad. Liz and Steven share a dad. Michael, Morgan, and Jocelyn all share a mom. Jason and AJ. Cameron and Jake. Aw crud... Lucky and Lulu... they're about it.
    Last edited by Broadway; 12-10-2009 at 10:43 PM.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread