+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1099Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3763515;
    This is how old I am - I remember Jason before (and during) the whole brain injury ordeal that made him what he is. Speaking of - what ever happened to his older brother who was responsible for that? He had a rock star alter ego that was just ridiculous.
    Gutmutter, AJ was Jason's older brother who was driving drunk and caused the accident. He is Michael's biological dad and was killed several years ago. Ned is Tracy's son, so...cousin?....to Jason and AJ. Ned's alter ego was rock star "Eddie Main" and and he was married to Rena Sofer's Lois....I loved Ned and Lois together !!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3763515;
    This is how old I am - I remember Jason before (and during) the whole brain injury ordeal that made him what he is. Speaking of - what ever happened to his older brother who was responsible for that? He had a rock star alter ego that was just ridiculous.
    Are you kidding, Gutmutter!!!!???!!! Talk about old. . . I remember Jason from when he was BORN. In fact, I even remember what happened before Jason was born, when Monica was having an affair with Rick Weber (Laura's step-dad) or somebody-or-other, and Jason was not Alan's biological child. That's probably why AJ was the obnoxious little twit that he always was --- cause he was the 'real' Quartermaine heir (and treated as such) whereas Jason was not -- he was Monica's son, but not a blood relative to the Quartermaines.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3763951;
    Gutmutter, AJ was Jason's older brother who was driving drunk and caused the accident. He is Michael's biological dad and was killed several years ago. Ned is Tracy's son, so...cousin?....to Jason and AJ. Ned's alter ego was rock star "Eddie Main" and and he was married to Rena Sofer's Lois....I loved Ned and Lois together !!
    And Ned and Lois were married for a while, in real life. They're not together any more though. They were an adorable couple!

I thought Jason was Susan's bio son, not Monica's.

Quote Originally Posted by twochicklets;3764133;
    I thought Jason was Susan's bio son, not Monica's.
    He is. Alan had an affair with Susan Moore. AJ is Monica's son.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thanks for that reminder. It's all coming back now. I loved Ned and Lois, too. Imperfect1 - you are old!
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3764227;
    He is. Alan had an affair with Susan Moore. AJ is Monica's son.
    Right, so it was always ironic that Jason was the "good son" and AJ the bad seed. That's before the accident of course! Another long time viewer here, who can only look in now and then these days and follow along here and in Soap Opera Digest.

Wow...fun recalling "way back when." I can remember 8th grade gym class in my all-girls Catholic school (scary, right? ) the day after Luke raped Laura on the disco floor. That was all anyone was talking about. And I have vague recollections of nurse Annie and Heather Webber and baby Steven Lars. And the other blonde nurse, whose name completely escapes me. But it's pretty weird to realize this show has been a part of the last 3/4 of my life....which is a really long time
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

My earliest really vivid memories of the show were of Scotty and Laura's honeymoon. I watched it before that, but I was pretty young, so I only remember little bits and pieces. Since I was in school and no one had a VCR, I got about 20 minutes of the show after I got home from school. I also remember when the Vinings took in Laura. I remember all the intrigue with Monica cheating on Alan with Rick and Alan trying to kill them and what a dish Jeff Webber was. Somewhere in my record collection (yes, I still have records....and a turn table) is the 45 of "General Hospitale" (sp?) - remember the "rap" about the show? The party about Jeff and Annie always made me laugh: "'Cause good girls don't and Annie won't and you all know what I mean."

Hey, you know what else I remember? When the show centered around the hospital and not the freaking mafia

I wanted to smack Michael upside the head today. Where does he get off threatening Coleman? No one talks to Coleman like that! :nono The only storyline I'm really enjoying is Lulu and Dante. I'm sure TPTB will do something to screw it up, but I'm enjoying their little banter and the actors have great chemistry. Plus, it's about time Lulu got some! Speaking of which, I hope they pursue that Alexis/Mac pairing. With so few people "of a certain age" in PC, it's amazing those two have never hooked up.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Yes, I remember when Jason was born too. Luke/Laura going on the run is what I remember most about first watching the show. Those were some great stories.

+ Reply to Thread