+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree885Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3747931;
    Okay.... how long before Dante completely outs himself? He's getting incredibly sloppy with his obvious detective work over Claudia's murder. To go question Sam like he did... glad she called him out. Sloppy sloppy.

I'm starting to enjoy Jonathan Jackson more. He's easing into his role and becoming more believable to me.

Meanwhile... Nikolas is starting to look a bit chunky, especially in the face. What's up there?
    I know, between Dante confessing to Lulu and all of his recent behavior, he is completely outting himself. But this is such typical soap opera behavior that I just grit my teeth and try to get on with the show. The usual scenario is that there is a HUGE secret that NOBODY can know about, and then after an excruciatingly long period of time, finally the secret is found out or told to one other person, and then after a little longer another person or two finds out, until eventually everyone knows, and the secret is out.

I'm starting to enjoy Jonathan Jackson too, Broadway. At first I thought, oh no, bringing him back was a real mistake -- but he's easing into being Lucky (once again) and is becoming more familiar to me. I might be imagining it, but I'm even beginning to see a little bit of the old Lucky-Elizabeth chemistry (at least as far as their closeness goes) -- and am definitely seeing some familiar chemistry with Lucky and Luke.

I stopped watching about the time JJ left and had watched since he was a little boy. I didn't like who they replaced him with at the time, but I doubt I would have liked anyone. I've only just started watching again, so the timing was right for me. I can't believe Carly running all over the place with a one day old baby in the house. Hello? Call Sonny and have him send Michael over in a car!
    Count your blessings!

Some spoilers from various sources:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Natalia Livingston is leaving the show, which means Rebecca is history. Guess that means those rumors that Rebecca would turn out to be Emily were false. Surrounding her exit: Chad Brannon (Zander) will be doing one show sometime in December. No word on who he's playing, but it's got something to do with Rebecca. Also, Scott Reeves has been cast as Steven Lars Webber. Let's hope they actually DO something with this character instead of what they did the last time they cast the part, which was NOTHING. That actor was really cute too. I'd hope that, since Reeves is a soap star, they'll actually give him a story line.

I'm really enjoying the Lulu/Dominic pairing. Odd how protective she is of Sonny though. I never realized she cared much about him at all, in spite of the fact he was married to her cousin.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3749469;
    Some spoilers from various sources:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Natalia Livingston is leaving the show, which means Rebecca is history. Guess that means those rumors that Rebecca would turn out to be Emily were false. Surrounding her exit: Chad Brannon (Zander) will be doing one show sometime in December. No word on who he's playing, but it's got something to do with Rebecca. Also, Scott Reeves has been cast as Steven Lars Webber. Let's hope they actually DO something with this character instead of what they did the last time they cast the part, which was NOTHING. That actor was really cute too. I'd hope that, since Reeves is a soap star, they'll actually give him a story line.
    Hmmmm. If the spoiler about
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Zander
    is true.....
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Maybe Rebecca really is Emily. That would leave off a wonderful mystery: Is she aware she's Emily? How does "Zander" fit in (and didn't he "die" too)? How is she alive? Where was she? And the big one...Will she be back? It leaves the door wide open for Natalia to return as the character we actually liked and were invested in. Well, some of us anyway
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3749469;
    I'm really enjoying the Lulu/Dominic pairing. Odd how protective she is of Sonny though. I never realized she cared much about him at all, in spite of the fact he was married to her cousin.
    She's always seemed pretty close to Sonny. But not because of Carly...because of her dad. There was one time that Luke asked Sonny to watch out for Lulu while he was away. They often refer to themselves as bestfriends ...or really good friends. I think she thinks of him as an uncle.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Then she's playing with fire. If Dominic gets him busted and he finds out that Lulu knew what was going on, it won't be pretty.
    Question: Sonny's pausing between words and stuttering - endearing or drive you crazy?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3750222;
    Question: Sonny's pausing between words and stuttering - endearing or drive you crazy?
    I don't know if I would go so far as to call it 'endearing,' but it doesn't bother me. What I do notice though, and it IS kind of annoying, is that Lucky (Jonathan Jackson), when he's speaking to Elizabeth, always stops in mid-sentence before he says her name, Elizabeth. As soon as he did it the first time, since he's been back, I remembered that he always used to do that years ago too. Anyone else notice this?

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3750228;
    I don't know if I would go so far as to call it 'endearing,' but it doesn't bother me. What I do notice though, and it IS kind of annoying, is that Lucky (Jonathan Jackson), when he's speaking to Elizabeth, always stops in mid-sentence before he says her name, Elizabeth. As soon as he did it the first time, since he's been back, I remembered that he always used to do that years ago too. Anyone else notice this?
    I haven't noticed that, but I think the reason I don't like him coming back as Lucky is that he sounds like his voice never changed. He still sounds like a 12 year old boy to me

Love love love that Sonny basically handed Dante his best evidence yesterday... but then still didn't pull the noose by not saying who killed Claudia.

Cannot wait until James Franco finally appears on Friday and we learn how he happened to be in the woods at that time in order to be able to recreate the scene of the crime.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3752714;
    Love love love that Sonny basically handed Dante his best evidence yesterday... but then still didn't pull the noose by not saying who killed Claudia.
    I really hope that Dominic/Dante finds out that it was Michael and not Sonny or Jason who killed Claudia, because then he will be in a real moral dilemma -- he's consumed with bringing Sonny down (although he's already emotionally waivering. . .) and here, the thing he's spending most of his time investigating, is something that was accidental, and not caused by either Sonny or Jason.

And what's with Lulu, telling Sonny that a cop might be infiltrating his organization, and then reacting to Dominic/Dante's fear for his life, (not to mention being betrayed by the girl he's falling in love with. . .) with that smug little smirk on her face!

+ Reply to Thread