+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1142Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

He does look young. But that's what I meant when I said the longer he's on, we'll get more used to him in the role (again) and it won't seem quite as noticeable. At least I hope I'm going with the belief that the chemistry he shares with so much of the cast, as well as his acting chops, will eventually outshine his smaller stature. It's like any re-cast...and he's certainly been off GH long enough to qualify as such....it takes awhile to get used to seeing them in the role.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Today was a violent day for daytime tv on GH. Everyday my hate for Jax grows deeper. The man spends more time thinking about Sonny than anyone else does. Jax hates Sonny but he has coveted just about all of his women, Brenda,Carly,Sam,even his sister Courtney.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

WOW!!! I'm still in shock from yesterday's episode, and very grateful that the writers did not drag us into months of a whole "Claudia-kidnaps-the-baby, and everyone is out searching for the endangered baby, and Carly is so stressed that she has that stroke that they've all been afraid she was going to have" storyline! It was definitely intense enough without all of that. Michael's sudden appearance at the cottage (a little unbelievable to me, but okay, whatever. . .) and smashing Claudia with the ax and Jason and Sam's sudden arrival --- and that GREAT music that played in the background --- pretty dramatic --- even for GH. And, I am soooooo glad that Claudia is finally gone -- except I suppose the writers could give us my worst nightmare which would be Claudia's ghost continually appearing and plotting revenge against Michael and Olivia and everyone else she thought disrespected her during her lifetime.

I'm not sure what the point of the "Lulu falling in the water" business was all about --- but the banter between Lulu and Dominic/Dante is very enjoyable, and I'm glad he fessed up to her about his real self. That's got to bring them closer together, and I think they will start really being a couple now. (Especially since Claudia's gone and there's no more threat about Dominic/Dante having to impregnate her).

Also, Claudia's death frees Johnny up to really be with Olivia, which is another development I'm hoping to see, as I like them together more and more.

By the way, I know some people are huge Sonny fans (I'm not), and others are huge Jax fans (like me) but I hope this thread won't degenerate into people arguing about who's worse or who's better than the other. They're both bad boys with more-or-less good hearts --- each in his own way, and both have a huge fan base, so it's natural that a lot of people (like me) will like one much more than the other. But it's not much fun when the threads (like for example, the Soap Network's GH thread) spend so much time and energy arguing about who they love and who they hate, that there isn't much discussion about the storylines themselves.

Sarah Brown is already filming at her new show... so you're not going to have to see a Claudia ghost. Small miracles.

I, too, absolutely LOVED how they filmed the scenes.. although I was a bit disturbed by Carly's initial reaction (or lack thereof) to what Michael had just done. Some immediate reassurance that he was only protecting his mother would have been nice... something. Anything. And Sonny's thug reaction of "you did good" wasn't exactly the support/guidance that Michael needed, either.

Now to see what Maxie does with the bloody handprint on Sonny's shirt (sure it was Michael's, but Maxie doesn't know that....)

For some reason Jason looked even more smoking hot than normal yesterday.

Now I cannot wait for James Franco to appear. First air date is November 20. And will they revisit the Dominic "c077x" memory soon (do the two tie together? I think so......)

Why exactly was Lulu in the water? Was she stuck on something? I missed the first scene after she fell in and never quite caught on to why Johnny and Dominic didn't just lift her out.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3743749;
    Today was a violent day for daytime tv on GH. Everyday my hate for Jax grows deeper. The man spends more time thinking about Sonny than anyone else does. Jax hates Sonny but he has coveted just about all of his women, Brenda,Carly,Sam,even his sister Courtney.
    I'm not a Jax fan, either. I STILL...somehow, some way, want to see Sonny and Carly back together.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the dramatic show yesterday!!! The editing and music were fabulous! I thought Michael did a great job from walking in and smashing Claudia to the whole Sonny father/son bit. Carlie was pretty weak in the whole, "I just gave birth look at my daughter" thing. I wish she had been more comforting to Michael. Jason?? HOT!!

I didn't get the whole Lulu thing in the water either... but do enjoy the bantering between these two and hope to see their relationship progress.

I don't have a preference for Jax over Sonny so much as what the writers give them to work with. I haven't found Jax's character to be as endearing or hot since the Brenda days.

The young looking JJ would be a great match for Maxie (sorry Spinelli!)... maybe the writers can rework the storyline of Lucky and Maxie's affair!

I missed what sounds like a fabulous episode!! I'll make sure to catch the Soapnet repeats this weekend. Thanks for keeping those of us who can't watch regularly updated on the can't miss episodes !
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3743880;
    Why exactly was Lulu in the water? Was she stuck on something? I missed the first scene after she fell in and never quite caught on to why Johnny and Dominic didn't just lift her out.
    Someone explained it yesterday and I heard part of it. They were in a house and the floor gave way. They fell into the basement, which because of the rains, started filling with water.

JJ has always had great chemistry with Becky, but they don't have good sexual chemistry, mainly because he still looks like he's sixteen, even with the facial hair. As someone mentioned, JJ has been away from the show long that his return, for all intents and purposes, is a recast with a brand new actor. Unfortunately, JJ may not fit with the direction Lucky has been taken in, which is basically...... adulthood. I really am trying to reserve judgment, but it's hard.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Minney;3743903;
    LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the dramatic show yesterday!!! The editing and music were fabulous! I thought Michael did a great job from walking in and smashing Claudia to the whole Sonny father/son bit. Carlie was pretty weak in the whole, "I just gave birth look at my daughter" thing. I wish she had been more comforting to Michael. Jason?? HOT!!
    WOW I totally agree. I think the best part was how little remorse Michael showed after killing Claudia. He was not even shook up. It was very chilling to watch -- and very telling that he is certainly following in his father's footsteps.

They are quite the team now, don't you think?

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3743880;
    Sarah Brown is already filming at her new show... so you're not going to have to see a Claudia ghost. Small miracles.

I, too, absolutely LOVED how they filmed the scenes.. although I was a bit disturbed by Carly's initial reaction (or lack thereof) to what Michael had just done. Some immediate reassurance that he was only protecting his mother would have been nice... something. Anything. And Sonny's thug reaction of "you did good" wasn't exactly the support/guidance that Michael needed, either.

Now to see what Maxie does with the bloody handprint on Sonny's shirt (sure it was Michael's, but Maxie doesn't know that....)

For some reason Jason looked even more smoking hot than normal yesterday.

Now I cannot wait for James Franco to appear. First air date is November 20. And will they revisit the Dominic "c077x" memory soon (do the two tie together? I think so......)

Jason definitely did look more smoking hot than normal! Don't know why....he was wearing his usual black t-shirt. Maybe it was just the look in his eyes. I don't know....but he looked gorgeous!

I love love love the music that GH uses! Yesterdays was particularly good. I loved how it was paired with the scene. I had that feeling that Claudia was going to die at the hands of Michael....but had no idea it would be in that way! Wow...with an axe! Brutal! Ugh, so over Carly and her me me me, its all about me attitude. I'm interested to see which side Maxie takes....her fathers, the police commissioner or her boyfriends, the mob side kick.

Btw...how stupid was it to burn the cabin? I don't think Jason was thinking correctlyl! And why take the body out and bury it if you are just going to burn the building? Makes no sense.

I think Lulu's leg got stuck in something. It never was really clear. Plus...I had a hard time seeing the screen...it was super dark. Maybe it was just my TV .

Anyway, great episode! Good job GH!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

+ Reply to Thread