+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree976Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

I read that Vanessa Marcil expressed interest in coming back just so she could work with JF. Now that I would love to see! If Brenda was somehow entagled with him and he comes to PC with a grudge against Jason/Sonny.....I loved Sonny with Sarah Brown, as Carly, and Tamara Braun. But to me, Brenda will always be his true soulmate. In my fantasy ending for GH (or when MB decides to leave, whichever comes first ), Brenda comes back and she and Sonny take off for parts unknown, leaving PC, and the mob, far behind.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3722841;
    I read that Vanessa Marcil expressed interest in coming back just so she could work with JF. Now that I would love to see! If Brenda was somehow entagled with him and he comes to PC with a grudge against Jason/Sonny.....I loved Sonny with Sarah Brown, as Carly, and Tamara Braun. But to me, Brenda will always be his true soulmate. In my fantasy ending for GH (or when MB decides to leave, whichever comes first ), Brenda comes back and she and Sonny take off for parts unknown, leaving PC, and the mob, far behind.
    And leave all his children? I think you'd either have to kill them all off or give them soap opera rapid aging syndrome, or they will both be old and gray before that happens...

I've really liked Sonny and Claudia (Sarah Brown) together this week. Maybe leaving the madness of Port Charles for a brief stint in Rio has done something for their relationship. Claudia has just been more confident and strong lately - as opposed to the desperate, grasping woman she has become lately. It's been a fun trip but you know it can't last long. I have a feeling we are just moments away from the mystery of Michael's shooting completely unraveling.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Toby;3734623;
    I've really liked Sonny and Claudia (Sarah Brown) together this week. Maybe leaving the madness of Port Charles for a brief stint in Rio has done something for their relationship. Claudia has just been more confident and strong lately - as opposed to the desperate, grasping woman she has become lately. It's been a fun trip but you know it can't last long. I have a feeling we are just moments away from the mystery of Michael's shooting completely unraveling.
    And when it does, the fallout will be spectacular!!!! A lot of it though, will hinge on Sonny's feelings at that moment for Claudia, because up until now, he wouldn't have thought twice about killing whoever ordered the hit that injured Michael -- even (in fact, especially) if it was Claudia. But now that they've gone through the loss of their prenatal son at the hands of his own daughter, and this great trip to Puerto Rico, Sonny's feelings for Claudia have obviously shifted, and he may be very conflicted about how to react to the news of what she did. (And after all, she ordered that hit at a time when Sonny was "the enemy" not her husband!) Don't get me wrong, I despise Claudia, but I won't be surprised if, considering all that, and the fact that Michael is alive and well now, her act is forgiven --- or at least tolerated.

However there will be fallout affecting Carly's reaction to Jax feeling responsibility for Jerry's part in the shooting, and the fact that he's known the truth for months without telling her --- and all of that will, of course, stress her to the max which will, undoubtedly cause premature labor and untold complications with an already compromised pregnancy.

And when Sonny finds out that Olivia's known about it for months too --- there may even be some massive drama there which might even spill over into Olivia (who is already on the edge) revealing the truth about Dante to Sonny.

I hope there WON'T be any fallout regarding Jason, because he's the only one who's been consistently trying to warn Sonny about Claudia --- although why he (or Jax) never told Sonny about those video tapes that Jerry was sending to Claudia I will never figure out.

From what I've read,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Sarah Browne's last air date is November 2nd. She's already filming over at The Bold and the Beautiful. Sonny will know what she did and will "out" her in a toast at her birthday party. When she realizes the jig is up, she'll run, taking Carly hostage. They will, of course, get into a car accident and, of course, Carly will be in danger of losing the baby. Again. No word on whether Claudia dies in the accident, but it's a pretty good bet that she does.

What did everyone think of Jonathan Jackson's first day back? I wasn't all that impressed. He still seems like a little boy to me. Compared to Tyler Christopher, he looks like the much younger brother. I wouldn't have any problem chosing between Nik and Lucky. JJ and Becky Herbst always had good romantic chemistry as young people, but as adults, the fire just doesn't seem to be there. I didn't buy that make out scene at all. I'm going to try to keep an open mind, but I find that I miss Greg Vaughan and I wish they had given him better material while they had him.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Her post rape scenes with JJ, as she began to be able to express feelings for him, I thought were some of the most romantic and touching I"d ever seen. I didn't see today's show, but I agree, in his pictures he still looks like he did back then... while everyone else has "grown up".

I completely 100% miss Greg Vaughn, he was absolutely gorgeous, and Jonathan Jackson just doesn't really have the chops to fill in what Greg made Lucky into. Jonathan is absolutely adorable, but he totally lacks sex appeal, he lacks the....um...masculinity and ruggedness of the cop Lucky that Greg manage to develop. I would never believe that Jonathan would ever have an affair with Maxie or have a sex rump with Sam...he just doesn't fit the role anymore in my opinion.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I have only watched since Greg Vaughn was Lucky.....so I had no idea what to expect. I never really "clicked" with Greg, but I think thats because they never really gave him the greatest story lines. I do think he portrayed the character that is Lucky now, better. I think that Jonathan Jackson is adorable....and that is the problem. He isn't HOT. He looks like a little boy. He looks like he should be Lulu or Maxie's boyfriend not Elizabeths. I usually like it when they bring back one of the original actors but I'm not so sure this time. It will take me time to get use to him.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;3738745;
    I completely 100% miss Greg Vaughn, he was absolutely gorgeous, and Jonathan Jackson just doesn't really have the chops to fill in what Greg made Lucky into. Jonathan is absolutely adorable, but he totally lacks sex appeal, he lacks the....um...masculinity and ruggedness of the cop Lucky that Greg manage to develop. I would never believe that Jonathan would ever have an affair with Maxie or have a sex rump with Sam...he just doesn't fit the role anymore in my opinion.
    Especially not the fling with Sam. It would feel like she was robbing the cradle, big time.

I always liked JJ, but now he feels too young to play Lucky. It's like he's playing dress up. Plus, what is with that bizarro facial hair? There's that little soul patch, the mustache, the chin hair and that weird shadow on his cheeks that looks like pre-mutton chops. He's a good actor, that's obvious, but I think the part may have outgrown him.

I find that I've really grown to like Dante/Dominic. I wasn't sure at first and thought they could have cast the role better, but I really like him now. Plus, if this means Lulu might actually get a boyfriend down the line, I'll be happy. Those two are adorable.

Pregnant Carly is even more annoying that not-pregnant Carly. Can't they send her away to some special pregnancy clinic for the last trimester?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

JJ definitely doesn't fill the Lucky character as it has developed over the years. I can't see him as a tough cop or even father figure. I CAN see him as a good match to Maxie now though. I'd like to see those characters onscreen together to know if they have any chemistry.

I absolutely agree that "pregnant and married to Jax" Carly is boring boring boring! Can't wait to see the fall out of Sonny and Claudia.

+ Reply to Thread