+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1152Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

I just checked out JJ's imdb profile and he seems to have cut that stringy hair off. Still, he's pretty short, especially compared with Tony, who should be back on the show in the next week or two. I'm going to try to reserve judgment, but I just don't see how JJ's Lucky will be believable as a cop. He always seemed more like an emo guitar player or something.

I really hope we don't see commercials lauding the return of the "real" Lucky like they did when Rebecca Buddig came back to AMC. I thought it was so disrespectful of the girl who had replaced RB.

ETA: Forgot to mention the awesome karaoke with Mac and Patrick singing "Macho Man!" That was hysterical! They should get Mac drunk more often. I liked him semi-hitting on Alexis too. He's a nice looking guy - he should be getting some action. Alexis could certainly do (and she has done) worse!

Johhny (about Coleman) "Captain Moustache."
    Last edited by Critical; 09-30-2009 at 05:54 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3715086;
    I just checked out JJ's imdb profile and he seems to have cut that stringy hair off. Still, he's pretty short, especially compared with Tony, who should be back on the show in the next week or two. I'm going to try to reserve judgment, but I just don't see how JJ's Lucky will be believable as a cop. He always seemed more like an emo guitar player or something.
    I think he actually was an emo guitar player, wasn't he ? True, it may be a stretch to see him as a cop...But you have to admit, he had great chemistry with both Rebecca and Tony. It should be really interesting to see how that plays into the current Luke/Lucky relationship.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3715141;
    I think he actually was an emo guitar player, wasn't he ? True, it may be a stretch to see him as a cop...But you have to admit, he had great chemistry with both Rebecca and Tony. It should be really interesting to see how that plays into the current Luke/Lucky relationship.
    Pretty much! Honestly, I was never a big fan of JJ, so I'm not impartial. He hasn't been on the show for at least a decade and things change. It's not like Tony and Genie, who will have chemistry until they're ancient. I guess we'll have to see how JJ is as the adult Lucky. I think that's my concern - he was so young-looking that I worry he won't be able to pull of a grown-up character with kids and responsibilities. Like I said, I'm going to try to keep an open mind. Still, I grew to like Greg Vaughan a lot, so I'm sad for him.

Does anyone know if GV played Lucky the longest? The numbers on imdb are all messed up - they list JJ as having played Lucky for 10 episodes!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Premium Member

James Franco (of Spiderman fame) will be in a recurring role on GH for two months starting in November. Per Insider Online

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3715834;
    James Franco (of Spiderman fame) will be in a recurring role on GH for two months starting in November. Per Insider Online
    I saw that story this morning and wondered what was up. Has his career taken such a turn that he needs to do daytime, or does he have a personal connection to someone involved with GH? I'll be interested to see what he does.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Uh Oh guys --- Claudia is getting desperate!!! On one hand, Michael has finally remembered her bedside confessions to him that she was the one who set up the hit on Sonny -- but on the other hand, she's got a little bit of leverage, now that she knows that Dominic is Olivia and Sonny's son. I'm really curious to see how she's going to save her butt from Sonny's wrath, when he finds out the truth! Either way, it looks like Olivia and Dante/Dominic are in deep doo-doo!!! And they're the ones I really care about. (I couldn't care less about Claudia or Sonny -- but I am really loving the Olivia and Johhny romance). I'll be riveted to my chair next week, for sure!

I was all excited for JJ to come back as Lucky....but didn't see anything in this weeks SOW or Digest...I looked. Usually if it's in there, you know it's true. I hope this one is true and they just haven't announced yet, but I'm not so sure anymore...
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3718676;
    I was all excited for JJ to come back as Lucky....but didn't see anything in this weeks SOW or Digest...I looked. Usually if it's in there, you know it's true. I hope this one is true and they just haven't announced yet, but I'm not so sure anymore...
    It is on Soap Digest Online as well Katy, he definitely started filming Oct. 1.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3719651;
    It is on Soap Digest Online as well Katy, he definitely started filming Oct. 1.
    Thanks paridy! Now I can get excited again
    Desiderata

I am SO excited to have James Franco in Port Charles! He is going to add a great dynamic to the show -- and is supposedly playing an old enemy of Jason's. He needs to get his feathers ruffled every once in awhile, IMO.

I am just curious if he is going to get entangled with any ladies during his brief stint. I think he's super sexy, it would be a shame not to!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

+ Reply to Thread