+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 515 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111511 ... LastLast
Like Tree1030Likes

Thread: General Hospital

LOL. Luke went off to look for a kidnapped/pregnant Skye who was seen briefly until Alcazar showed up and kidnapped her. I can't see Scotty coming back at this point.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Okay. Laura is coming back Thurday! YES! I so cannot wait.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Tomorrow is the big day! I can't wait to see Genie! I'm going to have to hook up my new VCR tonight so I can tape it. Don't want to have to stay home from class. I've already got the tissues ready. Really though, knowing soaps, we'll probably only see her for 30 seconds at the very end of the show.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I was a little underwhelmed by her return. Maybe it was just me. I knew they would wait for the last 5 minutes before her big "calling Luke's name" thing. And I'm still convinced that Liz's baby is really Jason's. Here's my argument:
    Carly just assumed that because Liz was at work, the baby was Lucky's but Liz didn't confirm or deny (but you could read it on her face). When Liz went to see Lucky, she said "I just hope the baby can grow to love and be loved by his/her father. Now if Lucky were the father, wouldn't she have just said "love and be loved by you"? Liz was at Jason's when Sam burst in and Jason told her that the baby was Lucky's and again, Liz had a look on her face that said it was a lie. And finally, Liz burned the test results today without revealing who the daddy is. My money is on Jason and she will allow Lucky to be the father (emotionally if not physically) and never reveal the truth until the baby is 19 and finds out on his/her own and resents her for lying. Hmmm..typical Soap Opera fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2117864;
    My money is on Jason and she will allow Lucky to be the father (emotionally if not physically) and never reveal the truth until the baby is 19 and finds out on his/her own and resents her for lying. Hmmm..typical Soap Opera fashion.
    I haven't had the chance to watch GH in a long while but I check in here for updates. This part made me laugh because in soapland, give it 5, 10 years tops and the child WILL be 19

Or in other overused soap plots, the child will eventually have some rare illness that runs on the unknown parent's side of the family and the truth will come out when the mystery parent is needed to give an organ or blood transfusion. I still laugh about (and can't believe I remember this minute detail about a soap when I can't remember my own life week to week) when Tina from One Life To Live heard that a baby had Type G blood (as if!) and needed a transfusion and she just happened to have Type G blood as well and that's how she found out her baby survived her going over the waterfall and was being raised by someone else (Gabrielle maybe?).

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2117864;
    I was a little underwhelmed by her return. Maybe it was just me. I knew they would wait for the last 5 minutes before her big "calling Luke's name" thing.
    I was too. I knew we'd have to wait also, but even the next day was still underwhelming and really a big let down. I know it can't be really fast, but still it left a lot to be desired.

I just caught up with Friday's episode yesterday and was really touched with how they did it. I don't know what they could have done differently to make it "faster."

But... I would have thought Lucky, Lulu, and Nikolas would have taken off running the minute that Robin told them that their mother was "awake." Their inactivity was a little unrealistic, in my eyes.

I might be alone in this one, but I really like the thought of Skye and Lorenzo getting back together. I love those two together; love who Lorenzo is with her.

nilesgirl... after your post I watched the scene with Elizabeth closely and I do think you're right.. that the baby really is Jason's and she said that it wasn't in order to do the best thing for Lucky and the baby. I hope they do something creative with the reveal in the future.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Oh, the baby is Jason's for now. This is too good and twisted a plot line to just have the paternity questioned once, twice or even three times perhaps. Another set of results is out there and someone will find it (my money is on Carley, because you know she has to get herself involved somehow) and they will be used to blackmail someone, get stolen back by Liz in a big break-in that accidentally leads to a devistating fire, or changed to protect Jason, Lucky, Maxie, Sam or whoever else might be involved. Who knows, but this thing does not end here. Also, I am having trouble catching episodes and can't figure out for myself if Maxie is really pregnant or is faking it to win over Lucky. Is this the last of the faulty condom mishaps? Sam would already know if she was growing a little Ricki bun, right?

Maxie is definitely pregnant. She has medical documentation to prove it from that asian dr lady (Kelly?)

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Ok, GH'ers what's the scoop with Luke and Laura. I just on ET that they are getting married again. Yeah! But how did it happen so quick?
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

+ Reply to Thread