+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TV Theme Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    Krom - I can't believe you didn't mention The Apprentice! You always sing along with it.
    I can't, by my own rules here. It's not an original piece of music.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Best from the Present, w. lyrics (still airing new episodes) - undecided -- think as I might I can't really think of many good ORIGINAL lyric-based theme songs on current T.V. They all use songs from other media now.
    The Sopranos theme is simply the best, ever.

I confess to liking the Spongebob theme too - love listening to my kiddies sing along with it.

For past shows, though, I have to give the nod to All In The Family. The Jeffersons had a great theme song too. The art of the original theme song was definitely left back in the '70's.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    I can't, by my own rules here. It's not an original piece of music.
    That's my main problem. Always flouting the rules.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    ArchieComic Fan...wow! I love that link...thanks so much....!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I realize by the rules here that the theme from the OC wouldn't count so I'll replace it with the Cheers theme. I don't know if the Grey's Anatomy theme is original to the show or not.

For kids shows, when my son was little we enjoyed the theme songs from Fraggle Rock, The Snorks, The Elephant Show, and The Gnome.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 03-23-2006 at 12:03 AM.

Tonight I was watching a British series on Showcase called "Nighty Night". It's very bizarre and darkly funny. The theme song has been driving me insane for a couple weeks now, because I know I've heard it before. After much googling, I finally found out (from IMDb - the place I should have started) that it was also used in a 1973 movie called "My Name is Nobody". It's a spaghetti western with Henry Fonda which I've watched several times.

Just needed to share that. Now I can sleep. Although I'll be humming that theme all night.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I think the theme to Saved By The Bell (I'm pretty sure it was written directly for the show) will always be a sentimental favorite. I swear I saw every episode of that 8 or 9 times growing up, lol. About 15 years later and I still remember all the words.......

By the time I got my books, and I give myself a look, I'm at the corner just in time to see the bus fly by..........

I also enjoy the themes for Charles In Charge, MASH, Melrose Place, 90210, and Facts of Life.
    Last edited by Ace Medallion; 03-23-2006 at 03:53 AM.

I enjoy the Cheers theme and also Frasier.
    Never quite understood the 'tossed salads and scrambled eggs' but still put it up at the top. And what about Laverne and Shirley-schlemill, schlemozell!
    Isn't that how it started?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    I realize by the rules here that the theme from the OC wouldn't count so I'll replace it with the Cheers theme. I don't know if the Grey's Anatomy theme is original to the show or not.
    Just wanted to mention that the song Grey's Anatomy uses is 'Cosy in the Rocket' by Psapp and I'm pretty sure it was not written for the show... but it's so worth checking out, especially considering Grey's only seems to be using the first few seconds of the song now as their intro, instead of the full intro to the show as during the first season. Lame.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    The Sopranos theme is simply the best, ever.
    Agreed! Love that song and it definitely creates/captures the mood perfectly.

I love the theme song to "Beautiful People", but have no idea if it's original or ?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast