+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Unit

The Unit

Anyone catch the premiere episode tonight? Thoughts? Complaints?

I thought it was ok. I'll give it a few more go-arounds. The acting seemed a bit robotic but hopefully as the show progresses, the storyline will as well.

Best part of the show was the final scene when the colonel rolls off of Max's wife. That oughta be interesting.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I'm watching it right now. It's okay so far.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Maybe I'm in the minority of liking it right away, but I definitely did. It kept my interest and left me wanting more. I do agree that the acting wasn't quite "all there" yet. I don't watch 24 or any other similar themed shows so I can't compare, but I will be watching this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    I'm watching it right now. It's okay so far.
    Oops. Sorry Mariner. I gave away the ending.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Hey Speedy... can you do a summary? I was watching it last night and closed my eyes during a commercial break, and promptly fell asleep. I missed it.

I was enjoying it up to that point and would love to know how it all worked out.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    Oops. Sorry Mariner. I gave away the ending.
    Don't you worry Speedster. Us West Coast people always know we are taking a risk opening a thread before something is over here. I think the second episode will make or break this show for me. There are enough characters that they had to just sort of set stuff up in the first week.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

LG.
    I can't get over the title. "They said 'Unit' he he he." *has a Beavis and Butthead mentality*

I think the whole premise about the "unit" being comprised entirely of men and that their "womenfolk" just have to sit back and worry about them bugs me the most. Why aren't there any kick-butt women on this team? Of course I married a firefighter, so I get my fill of being the wifey worrying from the sidelines in real life, and it isn't so glamorous. God, when did I get to be such a stereotype?
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG. View Post
    I can't get over the title. "They said 'Unit' he he he." *has a Beavis and Butthead mentality*
    LG, when it came on last night, my hubby said *in his best Butthead voice*, "Um, Beavis, he just said unit."
    Of course I married a firefighter, so I get my fill of being the wifey worrying from the sidelines in real life, and it isn't so glamorous. God, when did I get to be such a stereotype?
    I know what you mean. I married a cop. ...not glamorous at all!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Assistant Regional Mngr. Dwight_Schrute's Avatar
    I think the whole premise about the "unit" being comprised entirely of men and that their "womenfolk" just have to sit back and worry about them bugs me the most. Why aren't there any kick-butt women on this team?
    Because it is based off the lives of the men of Delta Force & Delta Force = No women. I figure it is pretty close to what a lot of families have to go through. However, my understanding is that for most of the Delta Force operators, their wives actually have no clue what they do for a living.

Anyway, I hope the whole robotic acting was on purpose, but who knows. I agree about the ending scene, it was a nice way to give it a soap opera twist.

I think the whole premise about the "unit" being comprised entirely of men and that their "womenfolk" just have to sit back and worry about them bugs me the most.
    That is the specific aspect that makes me disinclined to tune in. Generally, however, I believe this show's arrival coincided with my having reached my personal exposure threshold to military and cop shows. I'm starting to pine for a western or at least an old fashioned P.I. type of show. There is too much similarity in what is being offered these days. The storylines and characters seem pretty much interchangeable.

Having women holding a role of just being there for their super duper men folk isn't much of a draw to me. I also assume that because of the secretiveness and deniability of the units existance that they'll either be making up their own rules rather than adhering to any wussified rule of law, something I'm not eager to be indoctrinated into applauding.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast