+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Unit

I still don't know what to think of this show. I like the situations the Unit has to deal with, I don't mind seeing the politicing and the relationships between the wives is ... interesting.
    Why am I not more hooked by this show?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol View Post
    Reminds me of Alias and kinda funny that it stars Jennifer's ex.
    I thought the exact same thing when I watched it!

Anyway, I haven't watched this week's episode yet, but my husband and I had been making a point of watching every week because we are big fans of Dennis Haybert from 24. He likes it; to me, it's just okay. I won't die if I miss an episode.

The action sequences and Unit missions have been engaging, and Dennis Haybert is wonderful as usual even though the scene with Haybert's character shooting at the sound of the monkey voice just killed the premiere for me. It was so stupid.

The rest of the cast I'm not too impressed with, particularly the female cast. All the women are so stiff and amateurish, like the only gigs they may have had before lucking into this series were headache medicine commercials. I hate the "new wife" in particular; she is so shrill and over the top.

Hopefully it will improve. I expected a bit more, especially considering it bears David Mamet's name.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

They seem to be setting up some good drama between the commander (Terminator 2) and the Unit guy regarding the affair.

It may come around more, I hope they have enough delta force missions every week to make the show have a hook. (More than a military verison of desperate housewives.)

OMG, how stupid and irresponsible. At the range with no ear or eye protection.

CEO
    I just noticed the part during the episode where the mother said that her daughter couldn't join the military because of all the rapes? I consider myself a fan of the show, but how can you conceal a writing agenda when you let crap like that slip out.

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol View Post
    OMG, how stupid and irresponsible. At the range with no ear or eye protection.
    Agreed. We won't even get into her grip...

they were both wearing black ear plugs and the mother could have been refering to the crap that happens at West Point or she could have been refering to what could happen to a female soldier if they were ever a POW. The threat is very real, there's no secret about that. IMO if there was a writing agenda rape wouldn't have been mentioned at all - lest it cast a shadow on the miltary.
    I like that this show portrays the reality of miltary being a hard life. The pay is lousy, the risk is out of this world and there is the reality of the wedge that necessary secrecy creates between couples.

Um did Haysbert (I think that's his name) attend the William Shatner school of acting? He's always so cryptic and abrupt - meh.
    I like most aspects of the show but not all of them
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    they were both wearing black ear plugs and the mother could have been refering to the crap that happens at West Point or she could have been refering to what could happen to a female soldier if they were ever a POW. The threat is very real, there's no secret about that. IMO if there was a writing agenda rape wouldn't have been mentioned at all - lest it cast a shadow on the miltary.
    I like that this show portrays the reality of miltary being a hard life. The pay is lousy, the risk is out of this world and there is the reality of the wedge that necessary secrecy creates between couples.
    This show does NOT portray anything about being a part of a military family for 99.9% of the military. Not even close. Nothing like it what-so-ever. It is an entertaining show, but not an indiciation of real families, real soldiers, real missions, nor real relationships. And Rapes don't just happen all the time either, even at West Point (I think I am qualified to comment, I taught there).

they were both wearing black ear plugs
    Really? Cause I was looking, I didn't see any. Either way they should have still had eye protection.

Um did Haysbert (I think that's his name) attend the William Shatner school of acting? He's always so cryptic and abrupt - meh.
    All Canadian actors are obliged to attend that acting school. You should know that, Duxx.

I don't even care that much about their home life. I just like the action sequences.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast