+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Unit

JR.
    I caught the last half of the show and thought it was awful. The acting was terrible, and the ending on the plane was extremely cheesy. It was like a bad 80s movie. Move AR to 9 and put this on after so I can go to bed earlier.

Well it suckered me in! I liked it a whole lot better than the rest of you. I enjoyed the action and I got a Stepford vibe from the wives. Can't wait till next week.

And is it wrong of me to have been turned on by the sight of Dennis Haysbert forcefully striding along with his holster strapped to his thigh? I never had these feelings about President Palmer.

I need to get out more.......
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

You are not alone Qboots!
    I totally got that Stepford vibe as well. It was really interesting seeing the newcomer/old pro dynamics between the women, even more so than the men.

I thought it was ok too. Reminds me of Alias and kinda funny that it stars Jennifer's ex. I guess it is kinda like 24 as well.

I just flicked in and out a bit. My main pet peeve is that character, she is the older black female that is the den mother of the group and is to keep the wives in line. First of all that entire issue of the men doing top secret stuff and the woman having to deal with it is crap. First of all if you are indoctrinated in a group like that the wives are probably put through an orientation so they cope not have a den mother sit on them. If the job is that important then the entire family will be given a cover story and told how to act and what to watch for. They do that for CIA families all the time. In fact when people retire from the CIA they spend the last 2 months taking an orientation class on how to live in the 'Real World'.

Seriously, people who don't have clearances usually have this misconception of what the govenment, the military and contractors do. You don't discuss the details of your work but heck the personalities are wacked enough that you have great stories about what other people do.

Its times like this I really miss JAG.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post

Its times like this I really miss JAG.
    Ah yes. Because JAG is so much more real life.

The one funny line I did like was when Haysbert was getting ready to storm the plane and he says to his group "You three, come with me" and then turns to the FBI agents and says, "You, you and you...act scared."
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I liked it well enough, so did hubby. I didn't get the stepford wife vibe from the women. When your husband does something out of the ordinary the women acclimate and adapt. The blonde and the den mother both had outside interests (the blonde's will come back to haunt her) and they go on with their lives. They hold the fort at home. Granted it's a much more 'traditional 50's' role for the women to play but there are families out there that live that way.
    I didn't like the whiney new chick. She was acting like a petulant child the whole episode.

As far as no women on the team is concerned - the rest of the team was onroute so maybe there are some women in the unit. I was postive I saw women's pictures on the wall of fallen heros while the wives were waiting in the hallway to be briefed by the commander.
    I'll watch it again.

Seriously, would your wedding ring really be safe in your front pocket during an operation??
    My husband doesn't wear his wedding ring to work because of safety concerns - I would think these men would have similar regulations.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Ok. I'm not happy. There's too many shows on tonight: How do I watch American Idol, At The Hotel, The Unit, The Amazing Race, Godivas, Conviction, Sons and Daughters, Sex & the City, Gilmore Girls when they are on different channels and overlap. I only have one tape machine. Sheesh!

I'm not sure if watching The Unit is my best option. If you guys really thinks it's good, then maybe I'll check it out next week.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I couldn't watch last night's!! Not because it wasn't on, but because the quality was so poor. It kept freezing, then jumping to the spot where it was supposed to be, the sound stuttering. I'm pretty sure it was just the local station though. I'm disappointed because I did want to see more before formulating my concrete opinion.

CA it might be replayed tonight or tomorrow night. I know last week I caught it twice .. maybe even Saturday night .... I know, I have a fabulous memory don't I??
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast