+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Godiva's

Godiva's

I went back 6 pages and couldn't find anything on this show. Is anyone watching? Is it only showing up here in Canada?

I'm quite liking this little messy restaurant-based show. Anyone who has worked the front of the house, or back of the house of a restaurant/bar should get some giggles out of the cherades that happen. At least I do. I enjoy behind-the-scenes shows. It may not be rocket science but it's based on a lot of experience in the biz by the writers and creators.

---------------------------
    http://www.tv.com/godivas/show/33914/summary.html

Godiva's comedic drama set in Yaletown, Vancouver Canada. The show is about a fast-paced restaurant named Godiva's. Add a little bit of Sex and the City and poof!, you got yourself Godiva's. Godiva's is named after the restaurant owner Godiva but she never appears on screen. Kate is the new manager of the restaurant and she tries to keep the restaurant afloat while dealing with problems with the head chef Ramair.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I've been watching it misskitty. So it looks like it may just be you and I chatting about it.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I've never heard of it down in the States, but maybe it is on some cable channel?

Here's the main site for anyone wanting info. http://www.citytv.com/godivas/

Qboots! Wow. Last night was great.

I LOVED the entire Indian wedding. It was gorgeous and unique. I wasn't really sure if Ramir would actually marry Rajni. I thought he would for the "benefits". What a mess that is! But I respect how he handled not telling his family, the Big Secret. As he said, it's not his secret to tell. I wasn't surprised that his father has renounced him as a son. In the Indian culture, respect and family devotion is key with arranged marriages.

Poor Daisy. She put all that work into that beautiful cake. She sure has bad luck. Do you really think that Jenna still has a chance with Ramir? Stick doesn't seem to stand a chance being a good guy. Whew! There are some hot and steamy scenes in this show. Finally, Kate is getting unwound with some action of her own, but I don't think Ramir even knows she has eyes for him. What went on with Simone and TJ? I missed that part. Was she his "first"?

Just like the business, the "family" got together at the restaurant after the afternoon debacle. Surprise, surprise.

My sister has worked in the hospitality business for 20+ years. So much of this show is just like real life. It's almost scary.
    Last edited by misskitty; 03-01-2006 at 07:16 PM.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    misskitty, in season 1, TJ didn't want to look inexperienced for his teenage girlfriend, so he went to Simone's place and she was his first. She showed him what to do and not do in bed. But she was drinking and on back pain medication, and even she admitted that it was a mistake to 'help' him out.

I can't recall if Simone was bisexual in season 1, was she? I think they added that character trait to her in this season.

I wonder what Ramir's gonna say when he finds out what Daisy did to the doorway this past week.

I laughed when Kate and that waiter were about to get it on when she saw the entire group just watching them at the bar.

I missed season 1 entirely so thanks for filling me in. Ramir has so much on his mind, I wonder if he will care much about the doorway. Kate, however, may not like it at all. "sneaking" into the restaurant was hilarious. That does happen, where people don't realize that everyone else hangs out there after hours anyways!

It'd be nice if they posted some unique recipes on their site, eh? Something done in the shows.

I'm glad Ramir's wedding didn't take place.

And how did they clean the place up so fast (a few episodes back) when TJ's loser friends really trashed the place? I mean, the top of the bar was flaming, and the next morning there wasn't a scratch on it!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

It's amazing what can get done and hidden so fast when the boss is about to find out something you really don't want to explain. Hopefully, the bar was only on fire from the alcohol which burnt off, so maybe there wasn't much of a permanent burn. I'm also surprised that Kate didn't notice how badly TJ was beat up. It's tv. What can I say

Champagne Kisses: Just watched this episode. Whew. It has some hot and steamy scenes doesn't it? Could give Brokeback a run for it's money on tv anyway! Cordell is really just a Dxck isn't he.

I knew that guy who was interested in Kate was up to no good. What a sleeze to now be going after TJ in order to buy Godivas.

I can't even imagine what a nightmare that was when the kitchen revolted against Kate that one evening. Talk about a disasterous night. Ramir's chicken sauce sounded like it could taste good. What was in it, BBQ sauce, brown sugar, maple, ? on chicken.

And what can I say about Simone. My what a rotten apple she is trying to rain on Martin's parade of being A-sexual. Looks like it could be hip to be square Glad to see Stick isn't putting up with Jenna anymore. She needed a wake-up call.

Do you know if Ramir actually kept the wedding money or did he give it back to his sister? It didn't exactly show, but then he needed the money for his mortgage so I assume he gave it back.

Bad news misskitty: CHUM TV will not be renewing "Godiva's" for another season. I'm not sure how many more episodes are left in this season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast