+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Godiva's

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Really? Why not?

Oh well, there's always Bravo.

I think there's 8 episodes left in this season.

Well Phooey!

I'm really liking this show because it's more "adult" than most. It's got some good characters and storylines. It's never boring. I was late watching the last episode from tape. I like the come-back attack of the restaurant.

I don't get cable, so if it's cancelled, I'll have to pop in here or to the main site for episode recaps.

I'm pouting right now.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I'm glad Stick didn't have to do any jail time. And Cordell sure was having fun with the wine tasting. But Ramir is trying to make progress with the menu and Simone is being such a biatch about the wine list. Speaking of "whine", I won't miss Daisy when this show ends - she annoys me. I feel so bad for Victor not being able to practice medicine. I'm sure there are a lot of immigrants in his position in real life.

misskitty - what channel do you watch Godiva's on?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

The show is on Citytv here which is channel 51. I may have missed the last episode.

That's too bad about Victor, but it's amazing that he, Stick and Daisy didn't get caught dumping the body. I thought Daisy would mess that up bigtime. I'm surprised they were able to clean up all the blood without anyone finding out. You'd think that would be a bit difficult. Same with cleaning up the van. Oh well. Simone having back problems is funny. Flat shoes. Definitely not flattering or her style. I hope that their new menu will be hit and that land developer gets HIS. TJ will have to be rescued. Funny how Godiva folded on Kate she reminded Godiva of his need for a babysitter.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    The show is on Citytv here which is channel 51. I may have missed the last episode.
    I get it on the Toronto CITY, channel 7. As far as I know, they'll air the rest of the episodes. They just aren't picking it up for a season 3.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Newbie
    My wife and I just got into this show 4 weeks ago...

and now I hear it is cancelled

Here is some response:
    he cast of another locally shot series set in Vancouver, Godiva's, isn't happy about the sudden cancellation of their show just a few days ago. One of the stars, Mathew Currie Holmes, points out critics and fans seemed to love Godiva's and said it's unfair it was axed, despite respectable ratings.

Holmes and some other cast members are now hoping loyal fans will voice their protests to CHUM TV. Episodes of Godiva's which centres around the lives and loves of the staff of a Yaletown restaurant, will continue airing on CityTV until the end of the season.
    CHUM also cancelled two Canadian dramas. Demise of The Collector was expected but not the stylish Godiva's, which had garnered some critical praise in its second year, as well as popularity with younger viewers.
    Finally, a writer from the Toronto Star called Godiva's 'underappreciated'

EDIT: Apparently newcomers are not allowed to link any URLs to provide sources....

Anyways, I hope some of us will contact CHUM and voice their displeasure

Godiva's 'underappreciated'
    I definitely agree with that! I think a lot of people just don't know that it's on and what it's about. Once they watch, I'm sure they'd get hooked.

Here's the recap. - The Bigger Man

TJ is back and has problems dealing with the new, over-achieving busboy Adrian. Confronting Kate, TJ demands that Adrian has to go, but when Kate refuses to fire him, the competition is on. They end up finding that they have music in common; Adrian discovers that TJ is partially deaf, and decide to make things better in the restaurant with excellent table set-ups.

Martin raises Ramir's concern when he starts oversleeping for his shifts. He almost faints playing stickball with his Asexual friends. Ramir insists on him getting blood tests before he's allowed back in the kitchen. It turns out that Martin is extremely low on testosterone; the reason why he isnt interested in sex, has low energy, and isn't confrontational. Martin, begins to take daily shots of testosterone and is fearful that people won't like him if it changes him.

Everything between Daisy and Sam is going well until he suggests she change her name to Savitri, daughter of the sun. After a bit of a disagreement, she changes her name in order to make a break with her past. Victor is instrumental in her decision, continuing to use his American name now, rather than his birth name.

Cordell helps Jenna get back into Stick's heart. He also discovers that Stick has an awfullly huge, umm....er.... "stick".

Simone uses up 3 months of pain medication in 3 weeks and her doctor won't renew it. In a club, she is offered drugs from a past friend. She is caught by Kate in a washroom and gives it up easily. After her brush with rock bottom, Simone turns to Victor for a more holistic approach to dealing with her pain. He begins to do accupuncture on her which appears to be helping her.

Kate, while at the same club, runs into a man she believes is interesting and nice. He gives her his card when she begins to get very sleepy. He ends up helping her home and rapes her while under the influence of rohipnal. Kate awakens in shock and goes to Simone's doctor who gives her antibiotics and takes swabs. However, it doesn't look like much evidence remains as Kate has taken a shower. The man who gave her his card, took it back when she was blacked out. She has no way to trace him and if she does, it doesn't look promising that he will be caught. She tells no-one what has happened to her the next day at work.

Well, since it appears that I'm the only one still watching this show, I'll be short. This episode was kind of a non-event for me. Interesting information about wine selection. But I'm getting a bit tired of seeing Cordell naked in bed with another man, again. And Kate is beginning to look like an easy sleeze as well. I'm hating TJ and liking Stick more. And I'm feeling sorry for the dishwasher.

I really think they should be posting recipes for things discussed on the show. It might make it more "palatable" for the audience.

Re: Godiva's

I love Godiva's. Its a shame it will be cancelled...
    Rusty Nail Candy Cane

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12