+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Simpsons

Here's a little tidbit that I find funny ever time I visit Albuquerque...there is actually a baseball team there named the Isotopes! Remember a while back when Homer began a hunger strike for truth against the owner of the team because he believed the 'Topes were moving to Albuquerque? Well, apparently, the 'topes moved anyway!

yeah, I'm pretty easity amused
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Another thing to consider - Remember the episode when Homer was Sanitation Commissioner and the town got so polluted they moved the entire city - so they are not where they started, the entire town has been moved!

Also, I thought there was a springfield in every state, and that was the fun of the show - that it could be anywhere, I know there is a springfield, NY - okay, just googled it - there are springfield's in 35 states: http://springfield.ftldesign.com/

So the simpson's could be your neighbors!

Quote Originally Posted by Glitternerfball
    okay, just googled it - there are springfield's in 35 states: http://springfield.ftldesign.com/
    That's wild. Okay, so I guess they don't live in Illinois, they live everywhere

PPS - Just so this isn't officially over, I also saw where a guy on another message board said one of The Simpsons writers had said that the Simpsons live in a state called "North Takoma." He said, to back this up, that Homer has "NT" on his driver's license, which stands for North Takoma. I Googled this, and I saw where it appeared that one of the producers had said this as a joke during a lecture or something. Someone asked him in what state Springfield was located, and he said "North Takoma; eight miles from Toon Town." I think it was obvious that the guy was making a joke, though it seems some people took that seriously.

can't get enough ANTM guillermoluvsme's Avatar
    If anyone has ever seen the episode where the Simpsons paradied the Behind the Music show they say the state they live in, in that episode, but the catch...when the show went into sindication they actually have about 4 different episodes with a different state in each so that you can watch it one time and it will say one state and the next time you watch it will say a different state. I am sure when that season is released on DVD they will make different DVDs have different states.

Maybe it's just me, but the thing in the news with Vladimir Putin taking Bob Kraft's Super Bowl ring reminds me so much of the Simpsons episode where Burns, Homer and Smithers escape the Feds and take the $1 trillion dollar bill to Cuba. While in Cuba, they meet with Castro and the following exchange occurs:

Castro: May I see that?
    Burns hands him the $1 trillion dollar bill
    Castro puts it in his pocket
    Burns: May I have it back?
    Castro: Have what back?
    Homer: D'oh!

Here's a link to the Putin/Kraft story:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/8402895/

Quote Originally Posted by Chach
    Castro: May I see that?
    Burns hands him the $1 trillion dollar bill
    Castro puts it in his pocket
    Burns: May I have it back?
    Castro: Have what back?
    Homer: D'oh!
    ]
    Don't forget to add the part when Burns is hesitant about handing it over, and Homer says, "c'mon, I think we can trust the president of Cuba."
    ]

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyx
    Don't forget to add the part when Burns is hesitant about handing it over, and Homer says, "c'mon, I think we can trust the president of Cuba."
    LOL, that was a great episode. Also, when Burns, Smithers and Homer are in the plane:

Burns: "Alright Smithers, take us down."
    Smithers: "Uh, sir, you're the one flying the plane."
    Burns: "Excellent."

Lea
    I just heard that they gave comic book guy a real name and not comic book guy. Don't know what that name is. That just seems wrong to me. Why don't they just leave it alone,it's not broke don't fix it. What is broke is the writing, it's not the in your face humor that it use to be,just average run of the mill stuff. The show started to go downhill with the drunk cowboy episode.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234