+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Simpsons

I liked the first one they showed. THe second one was ok but wasnt that funny. I laughed really hard when homer held bart over the balcony.

The 300th was a definite letdown, but I wasn't surprised, as Our Favorite Family has been a major letdown for the last two years. As Comic Book Guy would say, "Worst episode ever!" (How low they've sunk when the writers ridicule the show's fans by representing them with an anti-social fanboy like Comic Book Guy.)

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed "Special Edna" in re-run (Bart nominates Mrs Krabappel for teacher's awards, Simpsons get trip to Orlando).

We saw moments of sheer brilliance, glimmers of the old Simpsons. The electric car, for example, had me rolling off the couch.

(Paraphrase)

"And now: the electric car of the future, as presented by the US Oil Industry..."

Car's voice: "Hello, I'm an electric car. I'm expensive, I don't move very fast, and if you drive me, people will think you're gay."
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

I think the Simpsons are still hilarious, but the 300th was a weak plotline, intended just to get some guest-stars in there.

I didn't like the early Simpsons episodes, before the animation got tight and the voice actors really settled in to their characters. Around season 3 or so, things really came together.

Agreed John.

This is still one of the most clever political/human nature satires ever.

Excellent writing so they are entitled to a not so great episode once in a while.

I still marvel at the number of times we (my family) are talking and we wind up quoting The Simpsons. It happens daily.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

The 300th episode was a dissapointment but you can't expect to much episodes from seasons 10 and on have been no where near as good as seasons 3-9. The plots they have these days rely too much on stupid plots and sight gags to get them through. By the way, If you like the simpsons register at this message board www.nohomers.net/index.php. It is excellent I am SideshowTim there.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    I remember when the Simpsons first started. I was in junior high at the time and never really got into it. If it's on and I happen to be channel surfing I might watch for a few minutes, but if I miss it then it's not the end of the world.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    NoHomers.net used to be a great website, but FOX ordered them to cease and desist. I was really pissed off that day.

I hear that either Patty or Selma is going to be coming out of the closet this season.

Supposedly, Springfield starts having gay marraiges to raise money for the town or something, and a character comes out. Patty or Selma would be interesting, although I figured it would be Lenny and Carl
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

My guess had been Moe, but I heard on the radio this morning it was one of Marge's sisters. I would imagine it's Patty, since she has never shown much interest in any man (Principal Skinner aside).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast