+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What About Brian? - ABC

What About Brian? - ABC

They just started running promos for this one and I'm already excited! JJ Abrams can do no wrong in my book. I'll definitely be watching! Is anyone else pre-hooked?

From ABC's official site:
    What About Brian
    Premieres March 2006

Brian is the guy everyone wants as a best friend. He's the guy who'll stand by you at your wedding, drive you to the hospital, cheer your kids on at their little league game... the guy who every wife dotes on and every husband wants to either grab a beer with or live vicariously through him. But as all of his friends pair off and Brian emerges as the last bachelor standing, questions begin to arise in his head: Is there such a thing as Miss Right? Why does love have to be so complicated? What is his problem with commitment? And the most pressing question of all, could all of his problems stem from the fact that he is harboring a crush on his best friend's girl?

At 34, Brian is the last single guy in his group of friends: his best friend Adam was going to break up with picture-perfect Marjorie but proposed instead. Brian's sister, Nic, and her boy-toy husband, Angelo, are trying hard to have kids. The bohemian Dave and Deena have three little girls and no sex life. And, like all married people, they can't wait for Brian to join their "club," though they're not exactly sure why. As for Brian, well, he's a serial monogamist but still holds out hope that one day he'll open the door and be blinded by love.

What About Brian is from the producers of Lost and Alias and the screenwriter of City of Angels and For Love of the Game.
    http://abc.go.com/primetime/schedule/2005-06/whataboutbrian.html
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I'll probably give it a shot if it doesn't conflict with one of my other favorites... not like the concept has me presold at all (like LOST for example), but the source does get points.

The synopsis makes me feel depressed. o_o This show sounds depressing. ):

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I'll probably give it a shot if it doesn't conflict with one of my other favorites... not like the concept has me presold at all (like LOST for example), but the source does get points.
    ITA - if I read the concept, I might not be that interested. The combo of knowing who is producing it and having seen and liked the promos will get me watching (or taping it if it's on at a weird time). The cast seems likeable too. One of the women went to the same college I did, so I've always followed her career.

If I'm correct, it's debuting on a Sunday night in the Gray's Anatomy slot (which bums me out), but it will then move to Wednesdays at, I think, 8 - it would be a lead-in for Lost.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Well I really like the guy who plays the part of Brian so I will be checking it out.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I thought I'd bump this thread since the show will be starting in a few weeks.

Kristen on EOnline gave the show the thumbs up. I'm hoping that, because JJ Abrams seems to be the golden boy right now, this show will really be given a chance.

FORT Fogey
    The time slot for the show is Mondays at 10. But don't get too hooked - the season finale is already scheduled for May 8, so it looks like we're only getting 4 episodes to hook us and determine it's fate for next season.

I have this set up on Tivo to record a few episodes to see how I like it. Sadly, I am a sucker for a good soundtrack and the music attracted me to look up at the tv and see if I would like it.

Since it's from the producers of Lost, I'll definitely have a looky-loo. Also, I can relate to being the odd-man/woman out when most of your friends are married and/or with children.

Could be good for a chuckle or two
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Can't wait for this show!! Love Barry Watson and have been wanting to see his cute face again.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast