+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: What About Brian? - ABC

LG.
    I agree Veruka. Brooke was dressed for a baby shower or a ladies lunch, not for moving. Maybe I'm just a tomboy, but I've always taken a much more "active" role in my own moving projects and those of my friends than to dress up pretty and wait for others to come move everything for me. Heck, last year I helped move a friend of mine and her school-aged daughter from their 1 bedroom apartment to a two bedroom apartment in the same building (but a different floor) and we accomplished the entire move in a couple of hours (yes, beds, dressers, a desk, computer and couch, etc.) with the help of a couple friends and the use of one furniture dolly and a couple grocery carts.

I think "they're too self-absorbed" is exactly right. Good lord, how could any of them even notice Brian when they are too busy doing whatever the hell is most important to them all the time. It's a shame, as the concept of a single guy living in a coupled-up world could make an interesting show.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I missed the Pilot but got to see the second and third episode. Barry Watson is great and I have always been a fan of his since his early 7th Heaven days. Good to see him on a show where he headlines (kinda). Sarah Lancaster (Marjorie) was originally on Dr. Vegas with Rob Lowe which fell through because of ratings being low, and before she was on Saved By The Bell: The New Class. That's where I know her from. And Amanda Detmer I know from The ABC Family movie: Picking Up And Dropping Off which also starred Scott Wolf I think. And finally I also know Matthew Davis (Marjorie's fiancee) from some movies mainly Blue Crush and Legally Blonde.
    This show is fresh and new and good for me so far.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

This show is not up to snuff. I tried watching, but am going going to instruct Tivo to tell it, "You're Fired!"

Premium Member
    I don't know, this show is like "Friends" gone bad, or something. Or at least none of the friends I've had help me move has dressed quite so preppy.

Nothing leaves me with a good feeling when the show has ended. All of these dysfunctional relationships isn't encouraging. I am not a fan of movies/shows with affairs, so if it turns out that she actually did do the deed with that guy in the grocery store parking lot, I'll be done with it. I am holding out hope that she decides she can't go through with it. Not that I'll respect her character in the next episode, however.

It's like, I like the character Brian, and it makes sense the show is titled after him, but I'd prefer if all of his friends were replaced, it brings the show down for me dealing with all of that negativity. For some reason, before the series started, I thought we were supposed to almost feel sorry for Brian, that everyone had a relationship except him. At this point, I am just so glad he doesn't have an ongoing relationship, as I feel the writers would make it even more dysfunctional than all the others going on around him.

What about Brian? Well, he's doing just fine on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka View Post
    How are you supposed to like people who are so self-involved?
    So you weren't a big "Seinfeld" fan then?

I don't mind it so far. I get a choice of 2 different viewing times up here in Canada, so I'll keep watching as long as it's not interfering with something better. But maybe it should be called "How Not to Conduct a Relationship", because all the relationships on the show kinda suck.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

peachroses

Love this show

I LOVE this show, but don't see it lasting long.... The characters all seem so confused.......... especially Brian.
    Because I said so ....

FORT Fan
    The lady that is cheating on her husband with her daughter's best friend's father is so annoying to me. I think that it is funny that her husband is kind of pursuing someone on the side too. LOL, two can play that game. I am interested how that situation is going to play itself out.

I didn't like the girl who Brian was with. Her teeth are way to big for her mouth. THey look like Chicletts. I didn;t find her interesting at all. I liked the lady who was taking fertility drugs. I think that is something that a lot of people can relate too.

I am not sure if this show is going to last or not, but I did find last night's episode to be quite entertaining, even though some of the characters annoy me, I do think there are some interesting storylines there.

I think I've missed the last episode. Things have been a bit messed up because of hockey. It was supposed to be on yesterday but wasn't here. I still enjoy the show because the people are goofy and definitely not perfect in their lives. It's plausible. Mostly. Doesn't use much brain power which I like now and then And there's no bickering to win VOTES. I'll still tune in. Besides, I don't have cable.
    Qboots!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I can't believe this show only had like 5 episodes and is already going into a season finale on Monday May 8. That sucks.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I enjoyed this show - the season finale left lots open to explore if it gets picked up again, which I hope it does. I'd like to get to know these characters a bit more.

+ Reply to Thread