+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: What About Brian? - ABC

FORT Fogey
    I'm going to keep on watching this show, but after the second episode, I can't say I'm loving it. The only two characters that I really seem to be pulling for are the father of the 3 little girls whose wife so desparately wants to cheat on him, and Roseanna Arquette's character. The rest of them just seem way too self-involved for me to really grow any sort of attachment to them. The curly haired woman who is dying to cheat on her husband and just doesn't seem to understand why he won't give her the go-ahead? I really want to slap her silly.

FYI.... the original actress that was playing Majorie was Polly Shannon. I can't find out why she was recast, however, but it's probably just a matter of audiences not responding to her in the first pilot.

I wonder why they haven't changed the darned picture. Silly.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    Love the show so far. Did y'all know that Barry (Brian) is married in real life to the pretty blond on "Extreme Home Makeover"?

That's cool- Tracy is my favorite from EHM. I like her personality.

I like this show so far. I was cracking up when the guys were at the club, and the poor guy whose wife wants to have the open marriage was stuck in the middle of all of the men dancing.
    "The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N." Wooderson, "Dazed & Confused"

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka View Post
    ...The curly haired woman who is dying to cheat on her husband and just doesn't seem to understand why he won't give her the go-ahead? I really want to slap her silly.
    I think that's Deena (married to Dave). They both seem confused about what the real problem is in their marriage and how to solve it. Although I think that this open marriage proposal is actually showing them how much they do love each other.

Didn't the other men in the club think that Dave was gay?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

LG.
    was last night's episode the one that was supposed to make us understand why Brooke is with Adam? He didn't tell her that he wasn't going to be around to help her move because he didn't want her to be angry for a whole weekend. Well how about letting her come up with a better back-up plan then, you arrogant little putz. I doubt that I'll ever really be an Adam fan after he totally flip-flopped on dumping Brooke vs. getting engaged in a 24 hour period. What the hell. And really, Brooke is a doctor, a highly educated professional, and she hires some fly by night company to help move her stuff, doesn't bother to get a contract in writing or anything, when she knows that timing is important. Lame. Real women can move their crap across town without needing to run to a man, get on your damn phone and offer another moving company extra money to come pick you up right then, as I'm sure not every place in town was already booked solid that day. Oh hell, call U-Haul and start loading stuff yourself, come on, don't just be helpless and need rescuing. I've moved plenty of times, including as a single mom, it isn't easy, but good lord, how about toss some boxes in your own damn car and get your friends who own a truck to help you with furniture. You're moving across town, not to a foreign country here. It is nice to have a guy around to help, and she actually had TWO because she had Brian and the Mr. Clean guy. Meh on both Adam and Brooke this episode. Big "meh" on the super-horny mom who tried dragging her sick kid to the park to be able to try to hook up with divorced dad. She's doing him in the parking lot of the grocery store while all her produce is in a cart? How to explain that melted ice cream to the hubby, I don't know.

And Brian's sister trying to "sneak" fertility treatments behind her hubby Mr. Clean's back? What the hell is that? Um, injectable fertility treatments are pretty hardcore - you should get your hubby's support, not try to hide this from him. Didn't she just have a miscarriage in the pilot episode? Good god, a 5% chance of conception and she's trying to do it all by herself, she's not thinking clearly. I know, women who really, really, really want a baby (I've been there) don't think clearly, but um, ouch. She's not going to be able to pass off the many yucky side-effects of those fertility treatments as "just normal behavior" for long.

I do like the Brian character and I"m glad he and his buddy managed to sell their video game. Looked like a cool game. If I didn't hate David Caruso and that stupid Medium show so much, I doubt I would still be watching this show. The fact this thread slipped to the second page even though it just aired last night tells me it might not have many fans at the fort.
    Last edited by Mariner; 04-25-2006 at 12:19 PM.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fogey
    I only saw the second half of the show last night. From what I saw, I think it's time to declare this show a great idea that was poorly executed. LG, you did a great job of outlining the pathetic self-centeredness of the characters. How are you supposed to like people who are so self-involved? And let's be honest, the show is named wrong. People that self-involved would never bothere to ask about Brian.

Is this thing supposed to be a masculine version of Sex & the City? If so, that explains why I hate it so passionately.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I think it's more like Thirtysomething 2.0. I missed last night's episode because I was at a baseball game but from what LG. described, I would have been hurling things at my computer screen watching Brooke behave like a total idiot and horny mom.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    I think it's more like Thirtysomething 2.0. I missed last night's episode because I was at a baseball game but from what LG. described, I would have been hurling things at my computer screen watching Brooke behave like a total idiot and horny mom.
    Aaaahhhh. Well, that's another explanation as to why I hate it so deeply. Plus, it doesn't have vampires.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey
    I also wasn't paying a great deal of attention, and could be wrong about this - but didn't they have Brooke wearing a skirt and tank top to move? Who on earth wears anything but grubby jeans and a t-shirt (most likely with either holes or splattered paint on it) for moving day?

+ Reply to Thread