+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What About Brian? - ABC

Quote Originally Posted by LG. View Post
    I was wondering about the whole "breakup pact" too. I saw Adam bring it up with Brian, and it was his idea, but no reason why other than he's a commitment-phobe, but to go from breakup, to her spending the night with her (what kind of break up is that), and him waking up the day and proposing and her already having a ring, um, crazy much lately, Adam? I am curious as to why he's with Marjorie then, but they've made her out to be quite a catch - smart, successful and likes sports.
    The part that really annoyed me was Adam's explanation of why he decided to propose to Marjorie: everyone else thought she was a great catch so he figured she must be... so he needed to keep her.

That type of caddish attitude is the only reason I would root for Brian and Marjorie to get together. From the first episode, at least, it would appear that Adam doesn't have any true feelings for her, so why not allow the person that does to have a chance at happiness? But... if we get a better explanation in show two then I might change my mind.

LoisLane... I loved Amy Jo Johnson from Felicity as well.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

LG.
    I agree Broadway. "Everyone says she's a catch, so I should reel her in" what are we, fishing, or making lifelong decisions about relationships? That attitude makes me think Marjorie should run for the hills (not to Brian, just away from Adam) as he views her as a "possession" rather than a person. Clod.

Oh, and what was the reason for Brian's sister's miscarriage? All I gathered was that it was because she was "old" but for crying in a bucket, are any of them even 40 on this show? I'd better run to go freeze my eggs. Oooops, I'm 35, too late? Damn.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG. View Post
    I agree Broadway. "Everyone says she's a catch, so I should reel her in" what are we, fishing, or making lifelong decisions about relationships? That attitude makes me think Marjorie should run for the hills (not to Brian, just away from Adam) as he views her as a "possession" rather than a person. Clod.

Oh, and what was the reason for Brian's sister's miscarriage? All I gathered was that it was because she was "old" but for crying in a bucket, are any of them even 40 on this show? I'd better run to go freeze my eggs. Oooops, I'm 35, too late? Damn.
    Ah, so that's what I missed. The everyone says she's a catch line. Generally, I find making relationship decisions based on what everyone else thinks as opposed to what you think is a baaaaad idea.

The miscarriage wasn't very well explained. I think the I'm old stuff was supposed to be her emotional reaction that might have had nothing to do with the truth.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Oops. Watson, not Watkins. I forgot the "Jo" in Amy's full name as well. Just call me Lo Ln today!

Miscarriage. My friends (who're trying really hard to have babies now) said that miscarriage is pretty common for ALL women, regardless of age, though older women certainly have more than their share of problems. I think their OBGYNs said something like 1 in every 4 pregnancies end up in miscarriage--some are so early, though, that most women think it's just a bad period. It's the body's way of weeding out what's not right.

How is Barry's acting on this show? I always thought he was cute on SEVENTH HEAVEN, but he was sometimes a little stilted. Well, they all were...I think it was the show!

I thought Adam's recollection of the break up was odd too. Broke up with her - she took it like a man - he woke up the next morning full of regrets - they both cried - he decided he didn't want to break up - asked her to marry him - they went out shopping for a ring.
    Do ya really want to marry someone who didn't want you a few hours ago? Would you sleep with someone who broke up with you? Marjorie struck me as someone with too much self respect to hang around.

p.s. the girl that Adam has his arm around in the picture above does not look like the actress that was Marjorie last night - I thought she looked like a young Daphne Zuniga.

hmmm she used to be a blonde - who knew? She's much more striking as a brunette
    Last edited by Duxxy; 04-17-2006 at 01:42 PM.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    p.s. the girl that Adam has his arm around in the picture above does not look like the actress that was Marjorie last night - I thought she looked like a young Daphne Zuniga.

hmmm she used to be a blonde - who knew? She's much more striking as a brunette
    I was confused about that girl in that picture, too. Perhaps this promo picture was taken before filming began and they recast the role in between? The Marjorie from last night is much prettier, IMO.

I really enjoyed the show. I think we all have a friend Brian.

<--------------------- Brian
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Love the show so far. Did y'all know that Barry (Brian) is married in real life to the pretty blond on "Extreme Home Makeover"?
    Go Tigers!

I'm really enjoying the games the boys play with each other. About women in general. That 2 in 24 hours was interesting Can't say I'm in that club!

Adam still seems to need reminded how good Marjorie is. And poor Brian is reminding me of George from Grey's Anatomy. In that he's the sweet guy who can't seem to get the right girl. Or the girl he wanted.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread