+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What About Brian? - ABC

Just watched the debut and it was so cool. Barry looks amazing! The sneak preview of the premiere was tonight and then the premiere will be on again tomorrow night at 10pm. Every time I see Barry, I think about how sick he was just 4 years ago. He looks fantastic now and I haven't heard about the illness coming back so I think we'll have that cutey pie around for a long long time. I've been told that with any form of cancer, if you can stay in remission for 5 years, the odds of you getting it again become slimmer and slimmer. It's been 4 so I feel very hopeful that this illness will never attack Barry's life again. I was shocked to see Amy Jo Johnson playing the part of Brian's girlfriend, Karen. (a.k.a. "car girl") For those who don't remember, Amy Jo was Kimberly the pink ranger on the original Power Rangers series. I remember because I watched it faithfully. Mainly for Jason.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I really like this show. Barry is such a cutie patootie He's the perfect nice guy who just gets himself into loads of trouble ie; Car girl. It's nice to see the other couples are not having picture-perfect lives either. Very sad that Nic and Angelo lost the baby. Dave and Deena definitely have problems. And Adam certainly messed up things that could have happened between Marjorie and Brian.

I missed some of the show though! My phone rang!! So the volume was off but I saw some of the video. Did Brian go to Las Vegas only to tell Marjorie about the loss of Nic's baby? Or was he going to profess his love or something? What did the nurse at the hospital say to Brian? And why was Adam there with her?

Did Deena sleep with her yoga instructor? If so, I got the impresion that Dave knows what probably happened.

Kinda cute that Brian ended up with the little mutt of a puppy. Hasta LaVista Baby! Too funny.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

He went to Vegas to tell Marjorie that he had feelings for her for a long time. Car girl actually wrote "Hasta la Vista Bundy" on the wall because she called him a serial dater when he broke up with her. (Referring to Ted Bundy.) I'm still trying to figure out if she slept with her yoga instructor since he came home and a babysitter was there. They didn't make that very clear. Good show, I liked it.

I liked it too. I wanted to kick about five of them upside the head at various points and when Brian's sister lost the baby that kicked me in the gut. The scene in the kitchen where the kid walked in and asked what daddy was doing was pretty funny. However, if the Brian/what's her name yearning thing goes on for too long I'll be over this show fast. Cheating on your best friend? Not so cool.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Well, of course I loved it! For a first episode, I thought it was very good and I'll definitely keep watching. Amanda Detmer, the actress who plays Deena, went to the same college I did, so I've always followed her career. While I've never been a huge fan of Barry Watson, I thought he struck the right balance between pathetic and "great catch"

Mariner - I read an interview somewhere that said the second episode would show the viewers why Marjorie is with Adam. This episode was all about us thinking she should be with Brian, but the next one will have us thinking she really should be with Adam.....at least according to the article. I doubt they'd do a whole "cheating on my fiance with his best friend" thing. Brian's supposed to be the one the viewers root for, so I doubt they'd have him do something that shady. He'll probably just pine over her forever!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Well, I hope so because at the moment I can't imagine what she's thinking. Now, I did miss a bit between the break up pact and the engagement (the dog wanted out). And, I thought it was hilarious that Brian ended up with the dog.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

LG.
    I was wondering about the whole "breakup pact" too. I saw Adam bring it up with Brian, and it was his idea, but no reason why other than he's a commitment-phobe, but to go from breakup, to her spending the night with her (what kind of break up is that), and him waking up the day and proposing and her already having a ring, um, crazy much lately, Adam? I am curious as to why he's with Marjorie then, but they've made her out to be quite a catch - smart, successful and likes sports.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fogey
    For a pilot episode, I really liked it. But I think the determining factor for me as to whether or not I'll continue to like it will be who they build on from here. If the show builds kind of like a Thirtysomething type show, with storylines developing evenly around all the characters, I think I'll really like it. If on the other hand it is the love triangle week in and week out, I think it's going to grow really old with me really fast. Assuming they do get married, I just don't see myself rooting for a marriage to break up for the sake of the guy yearning for the girl.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I'm going to have to catch this in a repeat--forgot it was on! Didn't Barry Watkins have hodgkins disease or something pretty bad a few years ago? Glad to see that he's doing well and on a series. One of my friends saw him shopping for his then wife in L.A. Said he was beyond gorgeous. Amy Johnson--I remember her from "Felicity"! I always thought Jennifer Garner (my girl on ALIAS) looks like a taller version of her!

Barry Watson. Yes, he was diagnosed with Hodgkins in 2002 and went into remission in 2003. He's been healthy ever since.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread