+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sons & Daughters - ABC Primetime

Okay - the kids making a Hitler mustache on granny with a sharpie while she sleeps was funny.

It certainly isn't a Grey's Anatomy - so I doubt that I will be just dyin' to see it every week. I'd give it about 3 weeks before ABC announces it is being pulled.

FORT Newbie
    I loved it- it was just good comedy, that's all. And for once, the kids really are as funny as the adults. The little girl in the tutu, the girl with the glasses, Whitey's son. I had a great time watching it.

Also, I just read this: http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22645

Pretty solid review. I'm sold.

I think this is a great show.
    Last edited by Harvest; 03-08-2006 at 04:54 PM.

I though it was just okay - some parts were hilarious, others not so much. It's probably not something I would TiVo if I wasn't going to be home.

I liked all the cast except the main character. I'm disappointed in the show. I was really looking forward to it too. I agree with Ana Banana I think they showed all the good parts in the previews.

Cameron looks and sounds a lot Steve Carrell

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf View Post
    I liked all the cast except the main character. I'm disappointed in the show. I was really looking forward to it too. I agree with Ana Banana I think they showed all the good parts in the previews.
    If you liked all of the cast, how could you be disappointed in the show? It's the cast that makes this show!

Quote Originally Posted by MeLoveTV View Post
    If you liked all of the cast, how could you be disappointed in the show? It's the cast that makes this show!
    I guess it was the writing I didn't like. And like I said I didn't like Cameron. I didn't like his delivery.

It is definitely not hokey sitcom type humor. It kind of reminded me of Starved in the look of the main guy and his wife, and the way they all deliver their lines, and the serious subject matter (i.e., things you wouldn't necessarily expect to be the subject of sitcom humor, or addressed in that way.) I appreciated that it was different (made like a film and not a 3-camera cheesy sitcom). There are some really well-known actors in this show!

FORT Newbie
    I totally agree with you, although I have not seen Starved. What is that?

But as for the serious issues addressed in a comedic fashion, that's exactly what it is- family dysfunction is oh so real, and I am sure many of us can attest to that. So to take it and spin it in a funny way is unusual and interesting.

I am excited for tonight's episdoe- havent' seen too many commericals this time around so I am anxious to see how it turns out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast