+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Dateline - "To Catch A Predator"

FORT Fogey

Dateline - "To Catch A Predator"

Tonight Dateline is airing the third installment of their series called "To Catch a Predator," and I'm practically cheering out loud as I watch them bust all these guys who thought they'd be meeting up with a child who's home alone.

More info on this series can be found here: Read All About It HERE

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    All I can say about this is........Men Are Stupid.

That is what the Dateline show proved. This is disgusting, but not surprising.

But it would be interesting to see if a sex sting was set up for women, like it was for men, wonder what would happen???
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    All I can say about this is........Men Are Stupid.

That is what the Dateline show proved. This is disgusting, but not surprising.

But it would be interesting to see if a sex sting was set up for women, like it was for men, wonder what would happen???

You know, I was just thinking that! Society doesn't really "see" women when we think of sexual predators. These men are absolutely disgusting and the fact that they do things like apologize and cry shows that they know it's wrong. It shows that they FEEL guilty; they know better.
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

So many people think that castration would be the way to go for sexual predators. Personally, I think that that is not quite it, because it is not necessarily act of sex.......it is an act of dominance and aggression and anger. Castration would not stop them. There are still bottles and broomsticks if we think it is only about sex ( penetration), to say the least.

I think that repeat offenders should be lobotomized, and placed on an island (now...like some sexual predators are) to live out their days (or not, because some of the people will be eligible for parole way before they shoud be) . I really don't care about them drooling and staring off into space if people are safe from them. I don't see this as inhumane treatment for them. It would probably be cheaper to keep them; and keep children/people safe. Create jobs for the people who would take care of them! Whatever......

Why do we have so much sympathy for these people??? Is this another case of 'men protecting men?' I just can't help but wonder that if women were legislating this if we'd have the same outcomes?

This whole thing is really ridiculous, and I think Dateline points that out. It's like we are being held captive by the predators, and nobody (our lawmakers) challenges that.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    It's interesting that you mentioned that, because that point was discussed at the very end of this episode tonight.

The Dateline people said that this sting targeted only people who initiated contact with the underage "decoy" on the Internet -- not one single person who targeted the decoy was female. The decoy pretended to be both a male and a female, at different times during this sting operation, and regardless of the decoy's gender only men -- not women -- initiated contact with the decoy.

FORT Fogey
    that was disgusting to see all those men parading like that for 13, 12 yrs old

50 out of 51 people who made contact, arrested in 3 days all at that one house. Craziness!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kaos View Post
    You know, I was just thinking that! Society doesn't really "see" women when we think of sexual predators. These men are absolutely disgusting and the fact that they do things like apologize and cry shows that they know it's wrong. It shows that they FEEL guilty; they know better.

I don't necessarily think they are crying and remorseful because of the guilt so much as the fact that they were planning to do something very wrong and illegal and it was going to air on national television where their family, friends and all of America was going to see it and know what kind of "men" they really are. I would venture to say that (for many of them, perhaps not all) their tears and remorse were that of embarrassment, shame and reputations/lives/careers about to be ruined.

A lobotomy would not stop them either. Plus, it wouldn't happen; cruel & unusual.

You're correct that castration doesn't work though. It is more in their mind and they just find another way, let's say delicately. Chemical castration also does not work. They get hold of hormones and that reverses it any time they want.

If you cut out a part of person's brain, how would that not work?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast