+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Dateline - "To Catch A Predator"

I firmly believe that sexual predators can never be rehabilitated and should never be allowed out of prison if they are ever convicted. I don't like to use the word "never" loosely either but when it comes to sick people that harm children, "never" is exactly what I mean. It seems our society lets these people out before others who have committed much less crimes.

The way I see it is that child molestors should be given the same sentence as people who murder. Taking away a child's innocence is murder to me and something the child can never get back and in some cases creates a viscious cycle with victim growing up to become predator. We need to quit thinking these people will ever change and quit giving them the benefit of the doubt. Once you cross the line and actually have sexual contact of any kind with a child, I feel you are too far gone to be saved or you wouldn't have gone through with it to begin with.

I know there will be people who disagree with me but I really believe these people cannot change even if they truly want to. There's faulty wiring somewhere in their brains and for the safety of other children they need to stay locked up until they die. It's just a risk that we should not be willing to take by letting them out. I feel the same about rapists in general as well.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    It makes you wonder though- who are the kids that are doing this also? I realize this particular *kid* was a decoy, but if these men are doing this all of the time, where are the kids that are letting them?
    They are out there, suffering. According to the research in the field about half of all women who are sexually assaulted are assaulted before they are old enough to finish high school, a lot of them at a quite young age (that is, it isn't all rapist boyfriends). A lot of the women seen at college counseling centers on sexual assault issues are dealing with things that happened long before they came to college. Often they've told no one...because they were threatened, because they doubted (often with reason) that they'd be believed if they accused Mommy's new boyfriend, or grandpa, or kindly Uncle George, or Daddy, or because they were assaulted by someone they love, like a relative and they have very mixed feelings of love/hate. They are some of your children's friends and acquaintances. You know these kids, you just don't know that about them. Often they are the kids whose grades suddenly nosedive, but sometimes they still seem to function OK, until they try to have a real relationship....

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I was glad to hear someone on the show read a letter from a viewer who asked what about women sexual predators. The host said that, so far, they had never had a woman involved in the crime that they were televising; only men.

I was glad for that, but not surprised. I still think that it may be a matter of time before we do see a female, considering the increase that we are hearing about teachers "hooking up" with their very young male students. That is equally as sick.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I didn't get to see it. Did the men tell their age to the decoy? I'm wondering if a lot of the boys who invite the men over aren't thinking they're going to hook up with someone their age and then in comes a grown man.

They usually aren't truthful about their ages. Big Surprise!?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaaam View Post
    I say shoot their penis off and let them bleed to death.
    We have no use for these filthy losers on our planet.
    I bet the outcome would be worldpeace after they are all gone.

If only we could do that. But seriously, I think the justice system needs to open it's eyes and realize how serious and prevalent this is in fact and react to it accordingly. I have heard that it's nearly impossible to rehabilitate these people! That's a scary thing. Rehabilitating is expensive so there's a huge problem there when experts say that it is extremely difficult to rehabilitate. Honestly, why do people do things like this?

It's a sickness but at the same time, they act all shameful when they know everyone is going to know what they're doing.... So are they sick or are they just perverts who lose control? But then I think, you'd have to be mentally sick to want to have sex with a 12 year old.
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    My husband and I said the same thing- these guys seemed so *normal*. If you passed any one of them on the street, you wouldn't think SEX OFFENDER!. I don't understand though Gabriel, why the guys would smell a set up? This isn't a one time thing- this goes on and on in all neighborhoods, in all cities, everywhere! Why would they smell a set up when they all have probably done this before?
    We have made our kids watch this as well, and I must say I'm glad they talked about my space.
    It makes you wonder though- who are the kids that are doing this also? I realize this particular *kid* was a decoy, but if these men are doing this all of the time, where are the kids that are letting them?
    Maybe the smell a set-up was my rational thinking, If I could think like a perv maybe I wouldn't have said that. I just don't understand why an adult would want to have sex with a kid and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaaam View Post
    I say shoot their penis off and let them bleed to death.
    Do you realize that most likely, any guy reading this thread went OUCH reading this line.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I think we are all females giving our versions about what should happen?

I think that says a lot.

I don't disagree, I just went OUCH when I read that. Kind of like the baseball hitting at 60 MPH.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fogey
    It's April 26, 2006, and Dateline's airing its fourth installment of this series tonight.

Tonight's sting is taking place in rural America -- Greenville, Ohio.

Read All About It HERE

I'm floored that these numbskulls are still getting caught in stings like this, 'cause there sure has been a lot of publicity about these operations.

+ Reply to Thread