+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The CW network (was: The WB and UPN)

So what's going to happen to the station that's now housing UPN here? (14 on cable)? CW is going to be on 56 here (11) but what about the other station?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    So what's going to happen to the station that's now housing UPN here? (14 on cable)? CW is going to be on 56 here (11) but what about the other station?
    Possibly this: http://www.newscorp.com/news/news_277.html

Confirmed, if your station is on this list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._TV_affiliates

Otherwise it either goes completely dark, or becomes an independent (a few of those still exist), showing nothing but syndicated shows.

Interestingly the "My Network TV" list seems to be just as long as the CW list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_CW_affiliates.

My Network TV seems to have pretty pathetic programming though. It seems like these stations will operate primarily like Independents for most of their scheduled hours and only have a few "network" shows (most of them seemingly dirt cheap and trashy). CW has about the same original programming commitment as WB did, and I'd bet that if the viewing numbers DO start to match the big boys, they'll break into weekend broadcasting. Probably not the 10PM hour though, since even FOX hasn't been brave enough for that yet, despite being chock full of hit shows now.
    Last edited by Krom; 05-19-2006 at 01:40 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I had a lot of hopes for this new network, combining the best shows of both networks, but I can already tell the people who run this new network are idiots. Bringing back a show that was built up all year as a series final (7th Heaven) and bumping Everwood off for it is the worst thing they could do. Not to mention, keeping around One Tree Top Hill junk crap and a few other things that's not worthy of Everwood making the cut just burns my biscuits

On a side note...can't figure out how i'm gonna see this show at the moment. In my area, they are going on the UPN network here in Syracuse rather then the WB. I have Dish Network, and they don't have the UPN on the basic package =( Hopefully when the WB network goes down, they will carry the new one...
    Last edited by Coke; 05-26-2006 at 05:27 AM.

I thought this might be interesting. The premier dates of the CW shows.

Following is The CW's 2006-2007 night-by-night breakdown of primetime premiere dates:

Wednesday, September 20

8:00-10:00 p.m. AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL Special Two-Hour Premiere

Friday, September 22

8:00-10:00 p.m. FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN

Monday, September 25

8:00-9:00 p.m. 7TH HEAVEN

9:00-10:00 p.m. RUNAWAY *

Tuesday, September 26

8:00-9:00 p.m. GILMORE GIRLS *

Wednesday, September 27

9:00-10:00 p.m. ONE TREE HILL *

Thursday, September 28

8:00-9:00 p.m. SMALLVILLE *

9:00-10:00 p.m. SUPERNATURAL *

Sunday, October 1

7:00-7:30 p.m. EVERYBODY HATES CHRIS *

7:30-8:00 p.m. ALL OF US *

8:00-8:30 p.m. GIRLFRIENDS *

8:30-9:00 p.m. THE GAME *

9:00-10:00 p.m. AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL (Encore Presentation)

Tuesday, October 3

9:00-10:00 p.m. VERONICA MARS *

* Broadcast in High Definition

Source: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/pr.aspx?id=20060717cw01

Oct 3 for Veronica Mars? Huh? Why so late?

I don't know Krom, perhaps for less reruns? There are several shows starting later so there are fewer reruns in between. Or only one block of reruns.

FORT Fanatic
    i'll be real upset if CW doesnt make it to Hawaii in time.

or i'll end up doing something real bad...

i need to watch supernatural and get my fixing on the winchester men!
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I don't know Krom, perhaps for less reruns? There are several shows starting later so there are fewer reruns in between. Or only one block of reruns.
    Its just the latest in an almost endless series of screwups with how this show is handled by the "suits".

Year one, the show was broadcast very unpredictably, as you say.

Last year they didn't get the Season 1 DVD out until AFTER Season 2 started. Thus losing out on drawing people into S2 with the DVD.

And now this. Sure, this might allow unbroken blocks. But you could have unbroken blocks if it started earlier too. And by starting late, it means that the NEW audience they are counting on to find the show will have had time to go get "attached" to something else for about 2-4 weeks. Heck, even some established fans might.

About the only relief is that the competition is CRAP. CBS has the really overdone "The Unit". Fox has this "Standoff" show which looks just awful. NBC has one of the million "Law & Order" shows ("Criminal Intent"), and ABC some crappy sitcoms. So it might not be THAT much of a disaster.

they're having a goodbye day special on the WB, featuring the first episodes of some of the biggest shows (i.e. Dawson's Creek, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Angel, Felicity etc etc) so tune in!

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess View Post
    they're having a goodbye day special on the WB, featuring the first episodes of some of the biggest shows (i.e. Dawson's Creek, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Angel, Felicity etc etc) so tune in!
    Ahhh...what happened to my WB? I knew today would be the day that they were supposed to show these pilots, but instead the network seems to have become "YourTV20." I'm so pissed right now because I was actually looking forward to seeing these pilots, especially Angel (fan of BtVS but never got to see Angel) and Felicity (fan of J.J. Abrams starting with Alias, so I never saw Felicity except the series finale).
    I love you J.J. Abrams for "LOST" AND "ALIAS"!!

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that had all those people on it. Damn. -Joss Whedon (Firefly and Buffy ROCK too! )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast