+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Golden Globe fashion wrap-ups, E! and TV Guide channel

Golden Globe fashion wrap-ups, E! and TV Guide channel

I saw E!'s Fashion Police show with the bland and forgettable host and the two Jays from Top Model who could barely string a sentence together. NOT ready for that gig, and NOT funny at all, and why do they get away with being so unprofessional and yet Kathy Griffin is out for some reason?
    The only reason I enjoyed those shows was for the comedy, which is now gone, since most of the outfits are pretty same-old same-old. That show gets thumbs down on the Tivo now!

I had to resort to finding Joan and Melissa's show on the TV Guide channel and seeing the same stuff all over again just to hear some jokes. Hubby was saying how Joan really outshines her daughter, whom we thought looked like she was wearing shiny upholstery -- and hubby added "Why is she wearing her mother's po-teers?" (reference to Gone with the Wind dress made out of curtains) and "She is dressed as a living room!" Joan, on the other hand, outshiines some of the celebrities. She is always flawless. I would be fighting to get an appointment with her hairdresser!

Which are your favorite outfits? I thought Nicole Sheridan's and Jessica Alba's blue gowns were flawless, as was the girl from Star Wars (blanking on her name) cocktail length black lace dress (Chanel couture, or was that someone else?) with that fabulous black diamond brooch on the ribboned waist.

Here, I'll comment on all the Desperate Housewives:

A columnist in the SF Chronicle once referred to her aptly as "the monochromatic Teri Hatcher" lol. I liked her Golden Globes dress, however. It was more tone-on-tone than completely monochromatic. Very art deco. Valentino? Always looks good!

But Nicole Sheridan's dress bested the other four. The fit was flawless, as was her figure -- vs. the too-skinny Teri's. The lines of Teri's dress made a valiant effort but could not hide the fact she has no hips.

I hated that marshmallow peanut orange color of Bree (Marcia Cross?)'s dress although I realize they were trying to match the vintage clips.

Joan Rivers pointed out Eva Longoria's dress was cleverly made with a long waist to make her look taller, and that was an aha moment for me -- I didn't love the dress until then, but now I appreciate what they were after and think they achieved it.
    Last edited by Harvest; 01-23-2006 at 08:40 PM.

I wonder if Nick (from Project Runway) designed Eva's gown? He hinted he would have a design at the Globes. I read that he's designed for her in the past (he's based in L.A. & teaches there).

WHAT was up with Isaac Mizrahi. Now, I managed to miss the Globes twice - I only saw clips of his 'performance' on recap shows. But his behavior was simply unacceptable. When is E! gonna learn Kathy Griffin is their best choice and that America loves her?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I, for one, enjoyed the "2 Js" and Nole Marin. I thought Debbie Matinopolous did ok.

I'd like to keep the "2 Js", Nole, and add Kathy. I want to believe that the "2 Js" would ask much more appropriate questions than Isaac.....whom I usually enjoy.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    I wonder if Nick (from Project Runway) designed Eva's gown? He hinted he would have a design at the Globes. I read that he's designed for her in the past (he's based in L.A. & teaches there).

WHAT was up with Isaac Mizrahi. Now, I managed to miss the Globes twice - I only saw clips of his 'performance' on recap shows. But his behavior was simply unacceptable. When is E! gonna learn Kathy Griffin is their best choice and that America loves her?
    I agree that Isaac Mizrahi was awful, but I am not one that loves Kathy Griffin. She is very gifted as a comedienne, but her attacks border on the vicious and she sure can't take it when it's handed back to her.

Her "joke" about Dakota Fanning in rehab was beyond tasteless.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    I wonder if Nick (from Project Runway) designed Eva's gown?
    Nah, it was some famous designer.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I, for one, enjoyed the "2 Js" and Nole Marin.
    Nah, have to agree to disagree on that. Nole was very annoying. He was supposed to comment on one feature - was it jewelry? - but could not keep his mouth shut. He insisted on commenting on the dresses, hair, make up, everything. Not at all professional and too big of an ego.

The hispanic(?) Jay also quoted his mother (or grandmother?) saying "lamb dressed as mutton," whereas anyone with half a brain would know it is "mutton dressed as lamb." Duh.

Kathy works so hard and is smart as a whip. Why would they want to replace her with these low-talent dum-dums?

First, because Star Jones didn't like her - second time, because she won't apologise to Sir Spielberg. Stars need the publicity of E! and will still talk to them regardless. E! needs to grow a pair and stop catering to those it reports on.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I watched the E! Fashion Police and was aghast to find myself missing the Rivers women. I didn't know those two "J" guys from Adam (not a ANTM watcher) so it wasn't until the end that I figured out why they were there. Their critique was poorly stated, and Debbie Whatshername and the 2 guys just seemed to yammer in meaningless slang that made them look like mutton dressed as lamb.

Lol, PhoneGrrrl, I'm having an image of the show with a barnyard soundtrack -- baaa, baaa!

But I always loved Joan and think she's funny.

There are some more comments about this red carpet event on the My Life on the D-List thread, and about Heidi Klum's dress on the Project Runway thread, btw.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I still like my Js!! Kathy would probably do well with them because she likes "her gays"....as she says!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I still like my Js!! Kathy would probably do well with them because she likes "her gays"....as she says!
    Was one of the "J's" from Project Runway? Because if so Kathy already met one person, can't remember his name but think it started with a J, and she didn't like him at all because he insulted her outfit or something like that. She was a big fan until she met him in person. But I didn't see the awards show so I don't know if I'm thinking of the same person.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast