+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Golden Globe Award Winners

Premium Member
    I was thrilled for Sandra Oh, and also happy for Hugh Laurie. I didn't see this either so thanks for the heads up about the replay on Bravo.

Congrats to Sandra Oh, Joaquin Phoenix and Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Most of the ladies look glamorous and sophisticated. I wonder if Drew Barrymore and Pamela Anderson own mirrors and if Mandy Moore owns a comb.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal View Post
    Congrats to Sandra Oh, Joaquin Phoenix and Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Most of the ladies look glamorous and sophisticated. I wonder if Drew Barrymore and Pamela Anderson own mirrors and if Mandy Moore owns a comb.

That's the first thing I thought about Mandy Moore-She did say she came straight from a movie set but still, brush it out Baby!
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

They look awesome! But where is "Jin"???
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Well, gee, for a minute there I saw more of Drew Barrymore than I expected. LOTS more. I guess some don't look in mirrors..but then again, Drew's never been shy.

I was very happy for Lost winning, for Sandra Oh's win, Phillip Seymour Hoffman (who I have loved in so many things) and I was THRILLED for Joaquin Phoenix. I have quite the strange attraction to him. Oh, yay for Reese Witherspoon, too.

I am just about over the Housewives. (plus, I wanted "My Name is Earl" to win in that category.) Okay, now that I think about it, it's just Terri Hatcher and Nicolette Sheridan that bug me so much. I like the other three okay. I was very undecided on Marcia Cross' dress. On the one hand, it certainly stood out and she has the coloring for it, but it was so...orange. I do like orange, very much...but it was SOOOO orange.

In the Lost cast, I was missing Hurley.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

I was particularly pleased that Hugh Laurie won for House.
    I loved his speech too.
    Steve Carell's speech was also a cracker.

Desperate Housewives best comedy? Not in my opinion.
    I was surprised it won considering this series has been less than stellar and (again, imo) inferior to the first season.

Mary Louise Parker hardly lit up the stage with her wit during her acceptance speech, but I'm just glad the Globe didn't go to Teri Hatcher again because I don't think she's acting Susan, I think she just is Susan.

I was pretty happy with the way things turned out. Of course it was hard to miss when I was generally cheering for 4 out of the 5 nominees. Naturally, the high point for me was "Lost" winning for Best Drama Series. That's a real nice photo Duxxy, but where the heck was Locke?

My biggest letdown of the night was the Geena Davis win. The 4 nominees she was up against could act circles around her, if you ask me. But her speech was pretty cute. Also enjoyed Steve Carell's and Hugh Laurie's speeches, and Chris Rock was funny as always.

Note to Drew Barrymore: time to start wearing a bra, missy. And NYGal, you may be pleased to know that on "Entertainment Tonight", Steven Cojocaru named Pamela Anderson as worst dressed. Tee hee.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I'm glad LOST won for best drama. As a couple of you noted, where the heck was Locke, and Hurley? Are they still punching numbers in that dang machine? Three cheers for our Canadian girl Evangeline who was noted as one of the best dressed in her smashing emerald green gown. (she could look great in a paper bag, I tell 'ya).

Also big win for our Canadian Sandra Oh, who had the most honest and realistic reaction the entire night, IMHO.

I have NO idea who Mary Louise Parker is but was glad she beat out all 4 housewives this year. I actually heard that some of them were rooting for her as well.

Drat! I missed Steve Carell's win and speech. I'll have to find a copy of it somewhere.

I was also very happy to see the ol' George Clooney win for Syriana! 'Although his speech wasn't memorable, you have to give him some slack that he was the first winner and didn't have any time to have a few drinks to loosen him up.

I was also happy to see S. Epatha Merkeson win even though it wasn't for Law and Order. She's been a stable character on there for years.

And Hugh Laurie deserves an award just for being able to hide his thick accent so well.

All in all it was a pretty good night: except for some of the pretty awful gowns
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I'm glad LOST won for best drama. As a couple of you noted, where the heck was Locke, and Hurley? Are they still punching numbers in that dang machine?
    Of course!! *smacks self in head*

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I have NO idea who Mary Louise Parker is but was glad she beat out all 4 housewives this year. I actually heard that some of them were rooting for her as well.
    She was Amy Gardner on "The West Wing" for a couple seasons, and if you get Showcase, they're airing season 1 of "Weeds" on Wednesday nights at 10:00. It's a hoot, and she's great on it.

I think nominating 4 Housewives is too many. They cancel each other out. Maybe they should just nominate Felicity Huffman and Marcia Cross, who actually do have a great deal of talent.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I'm happy for Steve Carell and S. Epatha Merkerson. I was also amused at how all four women from DH were nominated and none of them won.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast