+ Reply to Thread

Thread: All In The Family

All In The Family

I just watched some of the All In The Family episodes on TVLand. I forgot about some of them (how funny/touching they were.) Can someone fill me in about something. I know that Edith actually dies on the spin-off (Archie Bunker's Place) but can someone tell me how? I saw the series finale of All In The Family (before the spin-off) and Edith had Phlebitis and I thought that that was what killed her but she was still alive at the end. She's also alive in Season 1 of Archie Bunker's Place. She doesn't die until Season 2. If someone can give me some details, would be great.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Fogey
    Hey nilesgirl, I am a huge fan of All In The Family and I have fond memories of watching all the original episodes air with my family back in the 1970s, so I was drawn to your question and I found some answers for you.

1. Link to Complete Transcript of Episode in Which Edith Dies: http://www.allinthefamilysit.com/Arc...anscript.shtml

2. Link to More Info About Edith's Death: http://www.allinthefamilysit.com/ediths_death.shtml

I remember her being killed in a car accident or a hit and run. Jean Stapleton didn't want to do the other show and without her Archie Bunkers Place was flat. I remember watching this show religiously with my grandmother when it originally aired, maybe that's why I love it so much. It touched on issue that were really off limits back then. Even watching it now makes you cringe, laugh and cry. Some of the best writing went into that show and they all worked well and off each other.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    It was a stroke in her sleep apparently.

Pomeraniac was right. I just looked up the info and she died from a stroke in the middle of the night. I know on Happy Days, Heather O'Rourke's character was hit by a car but I think she was okay.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread