+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Emily's Reasons Why Not

FORT Fanatic

Emily's Reasons Why Not

Anybody catch this new show last night? I watched it and really liked it. It seems fresh and funny. I hope they can keep it up!

Premium Member
    I tried but I could only stand it for a few minutes. I don't know if it was the show or other stuff that was going on that was distracting me.

I watched it, but I admit I went into it prejudiced as I can't stand Heather Graham. I don't think the show stands a chance. I kind of liked the whole "why not" premise, but overall I don't think the show stands a chance. I found it very much a Sex in the City ripoff. Oh yeah, and I can't stand Heather Graham...but I said that.

But...Mark Valley as the ex-boyfriend? I love him...in everything. (and I miss him in "Keen Eddie")
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

I'm with you, suncat. I tried it despite the fact that I hate Heather Graham. It was meh.. but too darned quirky for me to enjoy on a long term basis. I don't find her character likeable at all, but I might be biased by my dislike for HG.

And why did they feel the need to make her best male friend gay? It was just an obvious stereotypical character insertion that seemed to be more of a calculated move because the producers/writers think it's trendy. I'm getting tired of the "single girl has bitter best friend and gay male friend" storylines. I'd rather see it in a natural drama than fodder for comedy.

FORT Fanatic
    It doesn't seem to be getting very good marks in the news...I agree that it has potential to go downhill very quickly (that is, if you ever thought it was "uphill" ).

Premium Member
    I think in those first 2 minutes I watched I was distracted because they jumped around too much. There was nothing there to grab my attention and keep me focused for more than 10 seconds. Kind of an ADD kind of show.

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7 View Post
    I watched it, but I admit I went into it prejudiced as I can't stand Heather Graham. I don't think the show stands a chance. I kind of liked the whole "why not" premise, but overall I don't think the show stands a chance. I found it very much a Sex in the City ripoff. Oh yeah, and I can't stand Heather Graham...but I said that.

But...Mark Valley as the ex-boyfriend? I love him...in everything. (and I miss him in "Keen Eddie")
    I don't watch Ghost Whisperer for the same reason - I can't stand Jennifer Love Hewitt. And I don't watch Bones because the female lead gets on my nerves too much. But I like Heather Graham. I agree though that the show probably won't make it. I find it hard to invest any time in new shows anymore because the ones I don't like stay on and the one's I do like get cancelled (Reunion, Arrested Development, Dark Angel, Less Than Perfect, Point Pleasant to name a few).

But with Monk and 24 coming back soon, I won't have time for new stuff anyway. I might watch this a couple more times but won't make it part of my "must see tv" list.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 01-11-2006 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    I find it hard to invest any time in new shows anymore because the ones I don't like stay on and the one's I do like get cancelled (Reunion, Arrested Development, Dark Angel, Less Than Perfect, Point Pleasant to name a few).
    If it's any consolation, "Less Than Perfect" hasn't been cancelled, it's on hiatus.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

This show seemed too '90s for me. I probably would have loved it when I was 14 but it's already been done and overdone, and the characters did not hold my attention at all.

yeah...i'm not sure how i feel about this one yet. i was really excited about it (apparently, i'm the only one left who likes hg! haha), and i soooo miss sex & the city. so i really had high hopes, but i wasn't all that impressed with the first episode. i'm going to give it a few more episodes or so, and if it doesn't get a LOT better, i'm done with it. *shrug*
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast