+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Emily's Reasons Why Not

Quote Originally Posted by broken_pryncess View Post
    yeah...i'm not sure how i feel about this one yet. i was really excited about it (apparently, i'm the only one left who likes hg! haha), and i soooo miss sex & the city. so i really had high hopes, but i wasn't all that impressed with the first episode. i'm going to give it a few more episodes or so, and if it doesn't get a LOT better, i'm done with it. *shrug*
    See my post above, I like her too

Here is a copy of my post on "First New Episodes of 2006" Thread (forgive me if you have already read this):

Heather Graham has got to go!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All right, I know this is going to sound bossy, but nobody watch EMILY'S REASONS WHY NOT! I'm on a television series death pool and I predicted that this show will tank and not be renewed for a second season. I had to pick ten shows, and had to choose this Heather Graham vehicle, just on shear principle! Hey, she ruined TWIN PEAKS!

I have successfully predicted four shows so far, JUST LEGAL, SEX LOVE AND SECRETS, HOT PROPERTIES and KILLER INSTINCT. I am waiting with baited breath to see if JOEY will finally kick after being on hiatus, and have unsuccessfully chosen OUT OF PRACTICE, THE GHOST WHISPERER, and COMMANDER IN CHIEF. (who would have the thunk it that the viewing public would welcome Jennifer Love and Geena Davis with open arms!) Oh, my list is rounded off with STACKED, which I just can't see going any further.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

Next week they're not showing "Emily's Reasons Why Not" in lieu of showing the Bachelor premiere REPEAT.

I'm hoping it doesn't come back at all.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

They're going to show The Bachelor premiere again? Okay... then what about Jake in Progress? I could swear I saw a new episode for that was coming next week, or has that been pushed off, too?

From TV Guide Online http://www.tvguide.com/News/Entertainment/

ABC BUMPS EMILY, JAKE AND HOPE: ABC apparently found a reason why not, deciding to bump Heather Graham's just-debuted Emily's Reasons Why Not, as well as John Stamos' own ratings-anemic series, Jake in Progress, from the schedule this Monday in favor of an encore of The Bachelor's season premiere. Both comedies are expected to return Jan. 23. Also, it's an unlucky Friday the 13th for Hope & Faith, which has been benched to expand the Dancing with the Stars results show to a full, overblown hour. Speaking of which, if Master P isn't gone by 8:59 pm, I smell shark.

But I like "Jake in Progress". I waited a long time for it to come back.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    But I like "Jake in Progress". I waited a long time for it to come back.
    I do, too, Q. We'll have to pump up the viewing on that one. You tell 10 friends... and I'll tell 10 friends... and... and.....

Emily's Reasons Why Not was pretty okay for me...I will have to watch more to see whether I will continue to watch or not.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

FORT Fanatic
    i like hg, but didn't think the show was fresh or funny. maybe it's for teenagers.

I took this off my TiVo after the first episode, but then put it back on. I liked something about it that I can't quite explain, which isn't a good sign, so I'm hoping the next one either makes it or breaks it for me. I wanted to like it and was almost disappointed, but not quite.

Oh yeah, that made a lot of sense...how about I'm neutral on it and hoping it gets better!
    Wag more, bark less

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast