+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Book of Daniel-NBC

Quote Originally Posted by jman79 View Post
    If I remmeber correctly, when "hot properties" was cancelled, they still let unseen episodes air(may be wrong)
    Yes, but that was a different network.

Quote Originally Posted by jman79 View Post
    I am not buying the low ratings thing. I think there was too much pressure from the religious right. Aidan Quinn said every single market got 2 form letters, from these groups.
    I agree. A lot of the affiliates wouldn't air it. NBC should just have the balls to tell us they caved to pressure.

So what show will be targeted next? "Desperate Housewives" for having a not-very-Christian-behaving nun?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I am bummed that it was cancelled. I thought it was wonderful. It was funny, had witty, sharp dialogue, the characters and acting was superb, and the premise was different - not so formulaic. Putting it on Friday was risky to begin with, but then caving in to strong arm tactics by religious fanaticism indicates they never really expected this show to make it.

I would love to see a cable station pick it up and make new episodes. I think it would do well. I am getting really sick of censorship by certain groups and the pc police deciding what I should or should not be watching on TV.

Hey people - if you don't like it TURN IF OFF!!!!

Count me among the disappointed

Maybe Bravo will show the remaining few episodes.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Anomaly
    For all you high-speed internet folks who might be interested: tonight, NBC.com is showing a complete unaired episode online. http://www.nbc.com/The_Book_of_Daniel/

Lex
    I was all set to watch this last night when I see that NBC put a Law and Order on instead. Now, while I enjoy a good Law and Order, I was hoping to see Book of Daniel.

I fail to see what so many Christians hated about the show. I'm a Christian and I thought it was great. Especially their portrayal of Jesus. He was just a nice guy you could be best friends with. He didn't physically involve Himself in Daniel's life, but if there was a problem, He was the first one to put a comforting hand on Daniel's sholder.

I heard that some Christians thought that this Jesus was "soft on sins." But in the first episode, Jesus said that He talks to everybody but only certain people like Daniel actually listen to Him. So, why would He talk to Daniel about other people's sins when He's already talking to them about it? He certainly talked to Daniel about his sin (the pill-popping). But I think those Chrsitians just wanted Jesus to be a mean-spirited, finger-pointer like they are (my opinion).

Thank God NBC is still going to show the episodes online. And plus I expect it to come out on DVD sometime in the future (unless someone wants to protest that too).
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    I wanted to like this show, but there was too much going on and it lost my attention.
    That was my main criticism with the show too. They stuffed it full of too many plotlines at once. A normal show would space them out throughout a season, but this one was burning through plots like there was no tomorrow. All of those things happening at once hurt the believablity of the show.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Did anyone watch the unaired episode on nbc.com? My mother & I were watching the show; she saw the unaired episode on Friday night. In it was a seemingly recycled exchange between Daniel and his wife in the bedroom, then it ended with new material. Also, there was a sex scene between the gay son and a guy that showed up upside down and in green/black relief. I just watched it tonight, and the exchange between Daniel & his wife in the early bedroom scene was different, and there was no sex scene with the son & the guy (Adell's brother). I checked the NBC boards, but those people didn't seem to notice/comment. Anyone experience these weirdnesses?

FORT Newbie
    I just hate the way NBC hyped the heck out of this show and got me interested and watching, then pulled the plug. Like the same thing Fox did with Reunion. I have had a sucky new show average this year - at least they haven't cancelled My Name is Earl :-)

Libby

I watched the newest episode online last night. I didn't have any scenes upside down in green/black relief, and no sex scene, just Peter and Adell's brother laying in bed talking.

Oh man, the ending was sad! Even though I knew it was coming (I had read ahead on my TIVO listings before they pulled it off the schedule) it was still hard to see.

I do hope they continue to show the remaining episodes online, I think there are 8 that were filmed.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I have a stupid dial-up dinosaur connection that won't allow me to watch the show. Hopefully, I'm waiting for DVDs to be released; I loved the speed of the plotline, but you had to pay continuous attention to keep up. My AADD friend, Jody, would never have made it through without asking 4 million questions about what was going on!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Tonight I watched the latest online episode of this show, and it was very...not sure of the word I'm looking for...powerful, maybe. It involved a hate crime, and forgiveness. I still think the show is very well-acted, it just depressed the heck out of me tonight. I find it an interesting drama, but I need a major comedy right now to lift me out of this funk this episode caused.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast