+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Book of Daniel-NBC

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    And the good Reverend was popping Vicodin like candy at the start of the show. He got more med from his son at the hospital after he was injured. The kid said he wouldn't be taking it, so dad pocketed it.
    No, no! They were.......um......"Canadian headache pills".
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Our local paper has a Saturday religion section---this week they interviewed a bunch of Episcopalian bishops and ministers about this show, who basically said either , eh, it's a TV show.... or that they hoped the characters would be developed in more depth in the future. Only one old guy was mildly critical, and no one said to take it off.

Looks as if another affiliate in Nashville has taken this show off the air. Isn't there supposed to be freedom of speech in this country and if I don't like what you are saying I can either use the remote and switch channels or get off my butt and switch channels. Trying to shut the show down just shows how intolerate some of the Christians groups have become. I guess witch burning and public gay bashings will be next. Makes you want to move to a country that tolerates religious freedom and free speech.

It's officially cancelled as of today. Effective immediately.

I liked several characters on this program.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

FORT Fanatic
    hmm. never really saw much of it. Just a few minutes. Aidan Quinn seems like a really nice guy, though. Some him on "the view"

I hate to admit this, and I probably have been a little to sheltered, but I never know what these "christian" groups were like until I was on vacation, and met a few. To be honest, I find them quite scary. Throughout the year they send me cards, and its themes are always religious. always! During, the election they sent me anti-Kerry stuff, and trying to talk politics with them is NOT possible.

Being a fan of Howard Stern, he has always said they are "small" but very well organized, and after meeting a few of them. He is probably right, and many of them are afflulent

Maybe a cable network will pick it up
    Last edited by jman79; 01-24-2006 at 06:40 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suncat7 View Post
    It's officially cancelled as of today. Effective immediately.
    How utterly ridiculous.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I know. It was very interesting. I had my TIVO set up for the next two already, and the info on them sounded very good. Lots of drama with Peter. Well, I won't see it NOW. Foo.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jman79 View Post
    Being a fan of Howard Stern, he has always said they are "small" but very well organized....
    They are organized to the point of getting behind a cause that they know nothing about, firsthand. IMO they are like sheep, blindly following.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic
    I was watching the news and they said it was cancelled, because of a low ratings. Now I haven't looked at the ratings each week, but from what I saw it was doing so-so. I really don't believe it was dropped, because of ratings. They have kept lower rated shows on for longer.

It was originally dropped in 2 markets, on "the view" it was up to 6. When it was cancelled, they never said the total amount it was dropped in. They also said there are still 4 fresh episodes that they won't air. If I remmeber correctly, when "hot properties" was cancelled, they still let unseen episodes air(may be wrong)

I am not buying the low ratings thing. I think there was too much pressure from the religious right. Aidan Quinn said every single market got 2 form letters, from these groups.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,182706,00.html

I never got to see it due to scheduling conflicts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast