+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: In Justice - New Show on ABC

In Justice - New Show on ABC

Is anyone else going to be checking out this new show tonight? It looks really interesting to me.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I will if it's not playing at the same time as a must-see reality tv show. It seems really interesting. Then again so did Prison Break and I was disappointed.

I watched it last night and thought it was pretty interesting, but I can't imagine in part of the program lineup ABC could place this show without bumping one of their other good shows.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

I watched it and really enjoyed it. But... I missed the first 5 minutes, I believe. What type of office is this... pro-bono? Or is it truly a normal large legal firm?

The only thing I didn't much care for is the alleged video of the murder that was showing when I first tuned in.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The scene absolutely combined Jane's break-in with the murder... and it was absolutely incorrect and misleading. Why'd they bother doing that?

I taped it and plan to watch it. I'll post my opinions of it later.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Broadway - in the first 5 minutes, they say something (in law and order narrating type fashion) like "this is what the jury believed", so they showed that video basically saying that is what they jury believed during the trial. Then at the end, they showed what really happened with the illegitimate daughter. Make sense?

I enjoyed it - it's funny though, last night was a "sneak preview", but the pilot is actually airing next Friday the 6th, so maybe we'll learn more about the office, etc. There's nothing on Friday nights, so this is a good show to put there!

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp View Post
    Broadway - in the first 5 minutes, they say something (in law and order narrating type fashion) like "this is what the jury believed", so they showed that video basically saying that is what they jury believed during the trial. Then at the end, they showed what really happened with the illegitimate daughter. Make sense?
    Aha! I turned in too late to hear the "this is what the jury believed" part. Makes complete sense now... thank you!

I thought it was pretty good too. I can imagine that the opening video seemed really strange if you didn't hear the explanation that it was what the prosecution/jury believed had happened. They did a good job of giving us a glimpse of the main characters and making me want to know more about their history. For instance, what happened between the female prosecutor and the lead Justice Project investigator that made their marriage end and makes him willing to lie and pretend that he was unfaithful from the beginning of their marriage so that she can get an annulment from the Catholic Church and remarry? Kyle McLachlan's character was a bit of a cypher. Hopefully we'll find out more about him. He clearly does private practice work as well as the Justice Project stuff.
    Last edited by Mariner; 01-03-2006 at 11:32 PM.

Just saw the episode (tape) and I was completely glued to the TV. I loved the dynamic b/w the two (Kyle and his lead investigator) main characters. I just really liked the show overall...the interaction b/w the investigators was interesting, makes me want to see them again and find out more. The scene with the brother and sister had me teary eyed. I can't imagine being in that situation or having someone I loved in that situation either.

I know there are a lot of "law / order / justice" shows out there but I will always watch if its a show that has a "twist".

I watched it and will watch it again. I thought it was a very good first episode. I liked the characters both individually and interactively. If it maintains the initial quality, it will be one of those I'll watch regularly.

It appears that it will be on Friday nights 9 Easter/8 Central (at least for this week) and will be my lead-in for CBS's Numb3rs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast