+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First new episodes in 2006

QBOOTS. YOU ROCK-NUFF SAID.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

Heather Graham has got to go!

All right, I know this is going to sound bossy, but nobody watch EMILY'S REASONS WHY NOT! I'm on a television series death pool and I predicted that this show will tank and not be renewed for a second season. I had to pick ten shows, and had to choose this Heather Graham vehicle, just on shear principle! Hey, she ruined TWIN PEAKS!

I have successfully predicted four shows so far, JUST LEGAL, SEX LOVE AND SECRETS, HOT PROPERTIES and KILLER INSTINCT. I am waiting with baited breath to see if JOEY will finally kick after being on hiatus, and have unsuccessfully chosen OUT OF PRACTICE, THE GHOST WHISPERER, and COMMANDER IN CHIEF. (who would have the thunk it that the viewing public would welcome Jennifer Love and Geens Davis with open arms!) Oh, my list is rounded off with STACKED, which I just can't see going any further.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

Edited to add some revisions.

New shows are in bold.

January
    Sun. 1 In Justice (premiered Sun., now moves to Friday), Celebrity Fit Club 3, Dateline, 60 Minutes
    Mon. 2 Surface, Arrested Development, Medium, Las Vegas, MADE, Rollergirls (A&E)
    Tues. 3 Law & Order SVU, Scrubs (2 episodes), Queer Eye
    Wed. 4 Stacked, Biggest Loser Special Edition (2 hours), Nanny 911, Project Runway 2
    Thurs. 5 Dancing with the Stars 2, ER, My Name is Earl, The Office, Will & Grace, Four Kings, Dallas SWAT (A&E), CSI, Without a Trace, Primetime Live, The First 48
    Fri. 6 Trading Spouses, Malcolm in the Middle, Hope & Faith, Numb3rs, The Book of Daniel (2 hours, repeats on Sat.)
    Sun. 8 Desperate Housewives, West Wing, The War at Home, Crossing Jordan, Grey's Anatomy, Law & Order CI, Extreme Makeover Home Edition, Cold Case, The Simpsons, American Dad, Family Guy
    Mon. 9 Bachelor 8, CSI Miami, Jake in Progress, How I Met Your Mother, Wife Swap, Emily's Reasons Why Not, King of Queens, Out of Practice, 2 1/2 Men
    Tues. 10 House, Boston Legal, Commander in Chief, Gilmore Girls, Supernatural, Rodney, People's Choice Awards, The Shield, According to Jim
    Wed. 11 LOST, Invasion, Criminal Minds, Law & Order, E-Ring, South Beach (UPN)(2 hours), One Tree Hill, Inked, Still Standing
    Thurs. 12 Beauty & the Geek 2, Everybody Hates Chris, The O.C., That 70's Show, Smallville, Crumbs
    Fri. 13 Ghost Whisperer, Close to Home, Twins, Reba, Monk, Living with Fran
    Sun. 15 24 (2 hours), Charmed
    Mon. 16 24 (another 2 hours), Golden Globe Awards, Related
    Tues. 17 American Idol 5, Love Monkey
    Wed. 18 Skating with Celebrities, Veronica Mars, CSI New York
    Mon. 23 7th Heaven, Courting Alex, What About Brian
    Tues. 24 NCIS, Get This Party Started (UPN)
    Sun. 29 King of the Hill

Talk Shows:
    Mon. 2 Ellen, Letterman, Leno, Craig Ferguson
    Tues. 3 The View, Conan O'Brien, Jimmy Kimmel
    Thurs. 5 Tony Danza
    Mon. 9 Regis & Kelly
    Tues. 10 Carson Daly

February
    Thurs. 2 Survivor 12
    Sun. 5 Superbowl XL (40) in Detroit
    Wed. 8 Grammy Awards
    Fri. 10 to Sun. 26 Winter Olympics
    Sun. 26 Dog the Bounty Hunter
    Tues. 28 Amazing Race 9, Bones

March
    Thurs. 2 Alias
    Fri. 3 Sons & Daughters
    Sun. 5 Academy Awards
    Thurs. 9 Everwood
    Sun. 12 The Sopranos
    Tues. 14 Nashville Star 4
    Mon. 20 Prison Break

Cancelled: Head Cases, Inconcievable, Just Legal, Night Stalker, Threshold, Sex Love & Secrets, Kitchen Confidential, Fat Actress, Reunion, Killer Instinct, Growing Up Gotti, Airline, Apprentice Martha Stewart, Hot Properties

Final Season: Alias, Will & Grace, 7th Heaven, Arrested Development
    Last edited by Qboots; 01-05-2006 at 03:05 PM.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Charmed has new eps starting Jan15th.

Winter Olympics Feb 10th - 26th
    Love the Olympics!

Qboots - you are too fabulous.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    Oops. I missed Veronica Mars because season 2 hasn't started yet on Canadian TV. But UPN has a new episode scheduled for Wed. Jan. 18.

OK... I am confused. On UPN's web site (the VM page), it says that "Blast From the Past" (a rerun) is airing on January 18. What's up??

Cat

VM returns the 18th, but the first new episode since break will be on the 25th

Can. Angel is correct. TV. com showed a new ep on Jan. 18, but UPN shows that one as a rerun from Oct.

TV.com was also wrong about "Ghost Whisperer" and "Close to Home". They showed those programs as returning on Jan. 13, but they actually came back Jan. 6.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

3 out of ALL of those is nothing Qboots. Thank you for putting everything together in a succinct list. It's been a show-saver!

Quote Originally Posted by JFlo View Post
    All right, I know this is going to sound bossy, but nobody watch EMILY'S REASONS WHY NOT! I'm on a television series death pool and I predicted that this show will tank and not be renewed for a second season. I had to pick ten shows, and had to choose this Heather Graham vehicle, just on shear principle! Hey, she ruined TWIN PEAKS!

I have successfully predicted four shows so far, JUST LEGAL, SEX LOVE AND SECRETS, HOT PROPERTIES and KILLER INSTINCT. I am waiting with baited breath to see if JOEY will finally kick after being on hiatus, and have unsuccessfully chosen OUT OF PRACTICE, THE GHOST WHISPERER, and COMMANDER IN CHIEF. (who would have the thunk it that the viewing public would welcome Jennifer Love and Geens Davis with open arms!) Oh, my list is rounded off with STACKED, which I just can't see going any further.
    I'm part of the Out of Practice and Commander in Chief bandwagon. I really like these shows, so far. Some of your other choices I agree with and some of the shows I never even bothered to watch to see if I'd like them or not. I liked Joey, if only to keep hoping some of the other "friends" would pop in. I can't stand JLH so I don't watch Ghost Whisperer. Ever since I saw Geena Davis in The Long Kiss Goodnight I've been a fan and seeing a female President is an interesting concept.

Sorry, I did watch Emily's Reasons Why Not, I'm one of the small minority that actually likes Heather Graham (maybe I'm the only one here!) but the show isn't as good as I expected. And I keep imagining Alicia Silverstone in the role since to me she and Heather are very similar.

But you can add Four Kings to your needs to be cancelled list LOL! Seth Green as the tiny whiny best friend is more than I can take so I don't think I'll be tuning in again to this one.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 01-11-2006 at 10:14 AM.

More revisions.

New shows are in bold.

January
    Sun. 1 In Justice (premiered Sun., now moves to Friday), Celebrity Fit Club 3, Dateline, 60 Minutes
    Mon. 2 Surface, Arrested Development, Medium, Las Vegas, MADE, Rollergirls (A&E)
    Tues. 3 Law & Order SVU, Scrubs (2 episodes), Queer Eye
    Wed. 4 Stacked, Biggest Loser Special Edition (2 hours), Nanny 911, Project Runway 2
    Thurs. 5 Dancing with the Stars 2 (2 hours), ER, My Name is Earl, The Office, Will & Grace, Four Kings, Dallas SWAT (A&E), CSI, Without a Trace, Primetime Live, The First 48
    Fri. 6 Trading Spouses, Malcolm in the Middle, Hope & Faith, Numb3rs, The Book of Daniel (2 hours, repeats on Sat.), Ghost Whisperer, Close to Home
    Sun. 8 Desperate Housewives, West Wing, The War at Home, Crossing Jordan, Grey's Anatomy, Law & Order CI, Extreme Makeover Home Edition, Cold Case, The Simpsons, American Dad, Family Guy
    Mon. 9 Bachelor 8, CSI Miami, Jake in Progress, How I Met Your Mother, Wife Swap, Emily's Reasons Why Not, King of Queens, Out of Practice, 2 1/2 Men
    Tues. 10 House, Boston Legal, Commander in Chief, Gilmore Girls, Supernatural, Rodney, People's Choice Awards, The Shield, According to Jim
    Wed. 11 LOST, Invasion, Criminal Minds, Law & Order, E-Ring, South Beach (UPN)(2 hours), One Tree Hill, Inked, Still Standing, Yes Dear
    Thurs. 12 Beauty & the Geek 2, The O.C., That 70's Show, Smallville, Crumbs
    Fri. 13 Twins, Reba, Monk, Living with Fran, Bernie Mac
    Sun. 15 24 (2 hours), Charmed
    Mon. 16 24 (another 2 hours), Golden Globe Awards
    Tues. 17 American Idol 5, Love Monkey
    Wed. 18 Skating with Celebrities, CSI New York
    Thurs. 19 Everybody Hates Chris
    Mon. 23 7th Heaven, Courting Alex, What About Brian, Related
    Tues. 24 NCIS, Get This Party Started (UPN)
    Wed. 25 Veronica Mars, Freddie, George Lopez
    Sun. 29 King of the Hill
    Tues. 31 Gastineau Girls

Talk Shows:
    Mon. 2 Ellen, Letterman, Leno, Craig Ferguson
    Tues. 3 The View, Conan O'Brien, Jimmy Kimmel
    Thurs. 5 Tony Danza
    Mon. 9 Regis & Kelly
    Tues. 10 Carson Daly

February
    Thurs. 2 Survivor 12
    Sun. 5 Superbowl XL (40) in Detroit
    Wed. 8 Grammy Awards
    Fri. 10 to Sun. 26 Winter Olympics
    Sun. 26 Dog the Bounty Hunter
    Tues. 28 Amazing Race 9, Bones

March
    Wed. 1 America's Next Top Model 6
    Thurs. 2 Alias
    Fri. 3 Sons & Daughters
    Sun. 5 Academy Awards
    Thurs. 9 Everwood
    Sun. 12 The Sopranos
    Tues. 14 Nashville Star 4
    Mon. 20 Prison Break
    The Unit, The Evidence

Spring: The Apprentice 5

April The Contender 2

June The Dead Zone

July Big Brother 7

Summer: The 4400, The Closer, So You Think You Can Dance 2, Hell's Kitchen 2

On Hiatus: Three Wishes, Deal or No Deal, Joey, Less Than Perfect

Cancelled: Head Cases, Inconcievable, Just Legal, Night Stalker, Threshold, Sex Love & Secrets, Kitchen Confidential, Fat Actress, Reunion, Killer Instinct, Growing Up Gotti, Airline, Apprentice Martha Stewart, Hot Properties

Final Season: Alias, Will & Grace, 7th Heaven, Arrested Development
    Last edited by Qboots; 01-11-2006 at 01:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12