+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1/2 Season's, Are we being robbed or played

1/2 Season's, Are we being robbed or played

What is with some of these show's with Fall finale's? Why can't the networks figure out that these shows that they didn't expect to do well turned into hits? SURFACE, PRISON BREAK, INVASION.It drives me nuts that I got so roped into these shows and feel like I got screwed out of a season, I don't remember this ever happening before.They play along with shows like ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT and don't even give it it's due and bring SCRUBS BACK LATE, IS JOEY REALLY DOING THAT WELL??? Then we have to wait weeks on end for other shows to commence during December for these horrible holiday shows and repeats. We're all not shopping and need some entertainment.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

JR.
    I was just having this same conversation the other day with some friends. No one could remember shows taking the month of December off. I expect it to happen during the summer, but this is a bit annoying.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    ahhhhhhh... for the good old days when show did 26 weeks and repeated in the spring through the summer so you could watch that other show that was on at the same time your favorite show was on. now they are really down to 1/4 season.

Or the better old days when the shows did 39 weeks of new episodes and 13weeks of reruns in the summer.

that's aggravating, but in the case of Alias, we have to wait until March for the rest of the episodes. This isn't the first time they've taken a hiatus. Yes, this time it's because of Jenn Garner's baby, but come on, get it out of the way and over with.
    You are who you are...and I wouldn't want to change a thing...- Madonna

I never used to notice it. I know in previous years, some shows have been like this, but never this bad. It's rediculous this year, especially from the Fox network.

There are only a handful of shows that rarely missed an episode up until this week like NCIS. But I am quite annoyed by these silly fall finales. I remember when mid december to early january was the only time (other than summer) when a show ran reruns or didn't air. Now it seems like every 2nd week there's a rerun.

I noticed it a couple of years ago. It seems like the season isn't even started for a full month before they start with the reruns. And then the reruns they choose aren't in any kind of sequential order. Sometimes they'll show a rerun of a show that just aired a couple of weeks ago.

And then November and December are lucky to have two original episodes each. And Fox, with their reruns and baseball taking up the first couple of months, is the worst of all.

And I don't get why all the networks have made people believe that Thursday is the must-see night to watch tv. I actually prefer Mondays because it's just after the weekend and I'm ready for my shows. If they would just pair the shows up properly and then leave them alone and quit moving them around, then they could develop a loyal fan base. As it is, with all the reruns and moving shows around, it's no wonder the good new shows hardly stand a chance anymore.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 12-19-2005 at 08:45 AM.

Sometimes I think that the reruns are strategically placed by the networks to avoid "losing" viewership to event tv, thus not necessarily hurting the ratings each week. This may not hold true for every rerun, true. I also think that production costs and actor/actress salaries also play a key role in the number of episodes. Everything is just a lot more expensive now than it used to be back when, thus having a "fall finale" and then some weeks on hiatus allows them to show less episodes -- which also brings up a point of exclusivity, in which with so few newer episodes, people will watch the new ones. I think the networks may only be ordering half seasons of the newer shows to see if they "work out", thus having the fall finale and hiatus allows them to order more episodes if that is the case, otherwise they can be dropped for newer shows and no extra money is lost.

I remember when I used to get so aggravated in the summer because nothing was on, now in the middle of the season I'm more aggravated because there is nothing on. I know what our site represents, but I'm done with a lot of the reality shows, they try to copy one another and it doesn't seem real anymore. Give me the 1st season of Suvivor any day, I'll watch again. I just so fed up with waiting week after week to see if maybe, by chance this week won't be a repeat again. At least 24 will be repeat free again this year. It just seems that the only channel I can rely on is F/X.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

+ Reply to Thread