+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffy the Vampire Slayer

I took Sher's advice and watched Buffy. It started good. The "dead people" gave me the chills. It kind of reminded me of the movie "Sixth Sense". In my opinion, Buffy should start acting a little bit more mature, at least, in her language. She's not like in hight school anymore! Hello???

It seems to me that with the opening of Sunny High, the evil will back with a vengeance, and I'm guessing, that's why Spike was down there in the basement of the school.

What did you think, Sher?

oh i loved it, of course. i've suffered through last season's dark, sad, pathetic plots then in the end when willow went dark-haired-evil-witchie i fell back in love with the show!!

i do agree that buffy needs to find a happy medium. she continues to go through being at a high schooler's maturity level to a 40 year old mother's maturity level. figure it out, buff. you're in your 20s. try to hang around people in their 20s and see how they talk and act.

i think it was good that the show went back to sunnydale high because being away from the hellmouth seemed to be part of the problem. take a show about fighting evil away from the source of evil and you are left with a bunch of evil fighters with nothing to do.

i still can't figure out where xander fits in though. he has no place on the show that i can determine. he's even lost his niche as token "cute boy" because as he's gotten older he's lost his appeal.

i love that they gave spike a soul, but not because i want him to be with buffy... rather, i like it because i didn't like last season where a soul-less creature was nice, sweet and dependable... chip in his head or no. now, if he follows in angel's footsteps, he'll have to contend with all the horrible things he's done in his past. his soul should give him a good dose of guilt. nice twist.

through the show's rundown of past ghoulies, from glory the god to the master, i have to wonder what this season's "main monster" is going to be. threw me for a loop when they ended the bad guy list with buffster. the coven in england said that an old old evil will return. the oldest evil of this show is "the master". he's the only one that ever really "got" to buffy....killed her even. seeing as though this is to be sarah michelle gellar's last season, might me a nice ending to have her killed off by the one thing she fears the most.

that being said...... i have issues with the writers trying to turn dawn into the next slayer in order to keep the show on the air. i'm sorry. correct me if i'm wrong, but when i listen to the opening credits, and when i think back to the first season, i seem to remember hearing, "to each generation a slayer IS BORN." well, that doesn't exactly make dawn a slayer...and no amount of training can make her a slayer. PLUS dawn wasn't born. she was created from pure energy by the monks as "the key". flawed flawed flawed. plus, somewhere out there faith (eliza dushku), the OTHER slayer, is running around. i dig her. i hope she comes back.

and though i know fluff isn't watching, i do hear that britney spears will come on buffy this season as a ghoulie and buff kicks her arse. might be worth watching just for fluff to see brit get kicked in the teeth a few times, huh?

here's a brief recaplet from "television without pity." the full recap will be out soon. until then, enjoy!

Recaplet from: http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com...1&limit=&sort=
    In the season opener, Dawn starts at a new school, with a new principal... But as with every school, one has to get used to a new routine. At Sunnydale, this means learning to adapt to ghosts, or apparitions, or semi-corporeal angry spirits. Oh heck, let's call them "zombie-like monsters" whose entire mission seems to be to drag Buffy off on a big old guilt trip. They're like Mom Zombies. Meanwhile, in England, Willow feels up the earth. Giles rides a horse! Giles wears boots! Willow says some stuff, but nobody listens because Giles offers to punish her! Giles, Giles, Giles, Giles! Oh yeah, some other people do some other stuff, and Dawn spends most of the episode in a deep, dark, dank pit, right where she belongs.

Buffy's gonna kick Britney's ass? I am SO there.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

JR.
    I liked this episode, maybe they can fix it this year. I really didn't watch much last year.

I hope they don't try to shift the focus to Dawn and her little friends, that would completely ruin it. I'd love to see Faith come back

I still hate Xander, and I still have a crush on Willow.

Here's the description of the 2nd episode from the official website...

BENEATH YOU
    Tuesday, Oct. 1, 8PM ET/PT

After her first day as Buffy the Guidance Counselor, she and the Scooby gang get right back into action investigating a subterranean monster that is wreaking havoc in Sunnydale. Meanwhile, Willow has mixed emotions as she leaves England to return to Sunnydale.

~from http://www.upn.com/shows/buffy/

Interesting...

The previews looked a little dorkie, but we'll see. Things might be more interesting with Willow around.

Wow! I didn't know that had tried to rape Buffy! I didn't see that episode, but I would hope Buffy mopped the floor with Spike.
    I liked Spike, even when he was evil. It was kind of sad that poor Spikey can't handle the whole soul thing. That damn Buffy! She drove him to this.

haha!! she drives men to madness! go buffy!!

yeah, he tried to rape her at the end of last season, but for some reason she was pretty weak against him...though he was unsuccessful.

did you know spike and drucilla were based on "sid and nancy", the lead singer of the sex pistols and his girlfriend? just a bit of trivia.

other than this epi revealing that spike had a soul... or rather, spike being found out... i didn't enjoy it. i thought it was pretty weak. i always have hated when buffy brings in big wormy creatures. they all look like throwbacks to the 50s. and anya bothered me... the new girl that xander had his eye on, nancy, has MANY of the same mannerisms as anya. (i can only take one of her).

lastly, i was disturbed by the fact that at the bronze, or whatever club they were in to find anya, that when anya's face and spike's face went all ugly, no one else in the club seemed to see it, be bothered by it or watch it. in the past, at least people would wig out at the sight of a vampy!

poor episode, imo. at least i had yummy smallville to follow her up!

JR.
    Originally posted by shersidhe
    haha!! she drives men to madness! go buffy!!
    Typical woman

hehe! indeed!

+ Reply to Thread