+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132

Thread: Season 5 of "24"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    I don't believe we've ever seen Chloe's ex before. What a waste it would be to just use him so briefly. I hope he's back next season.
    Thanks for the info, Qboots. I loved the Chole's ex guy--and he even knew enough to get the hell out when Jack told him to leave, so he didn't get killed. I too hope he's back next season. I think they might, given that they've killed off so many of the other regulars. Knowing that she'd previously married a kind of shlubby guy made me think she really could have been attracted to (on some level) Edgar. Which made that last scene with her & the pic of Edgar even more poignant.

I need help from the 24 experts here. Unfortunately, I don't watch the show but my friend is obsessed with a question about the finale and I told him FORTers know everything.

Question: Did Audrey betray Jack and is she possibly working with the Bluetooth Gang ?

While the chloroform was taking effect, it did seem like he looked at her (through a window ?) but what was telling was that she seemed to look back and see what was transpiring inside the warehouse ... and didn't seek help.

He considers her being in on Jack's capture a strong possibility/probability because in an earlier episode of S5 she was accused used of being a spy by Christopher ... and CTU was trying to extract info from her using their "methods".

Opinions ?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Echo, I think it is extremely unlikely that Audrey had anything to do with his capture. That earlier episode she was just being stupid, not wanting to admit to Jack that she had slept with the guy in question. I don't remember how well lit it was inside the warehouse, but I could see her having difficulty following what was going on inside from her outside daylight view.

Besides, I don't think the Bluetooth (love that name!) gang had anything to do with the Chinese picking up Jack. Although there had to be some way the Chinese could find out so quickly that Jack had come out of hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Echo, I think it is extremely unlikely that Audrey had anything to do with his capture. That earlier episode she was just being stupid, not wanting to admit to Jack that she had slept with the guy in question. I don't remember how well lit it was inside the warehouse, but I could see her having difficulty following what was going on inside from her outside daylight view.

Besides, I don't think the Bluetooth (love that name!) gang had anything to do with the Chinese picking up Jack. Although there had to be some way the Chinese could find out so quickly that Jack had come out of hiding.
    I'm pretty sure Pres Logan told the Chinese where to find Jack. Remember, he told the Bluetooth guy that Jack would be taken care of. He had Jack taken to a specific location for holding and that's how the Chinese knew where to find him.

Didn't he tell that to Bluetooth a few adventures previous to the Chinese catching up with Jack at the airport? I don't recall that Logan had an opportunity to talk to Bluetooth after Jack's "interrogation" of him.

Perhaps. Just another example on 24 of the ability to ignore certain time/space considerations. Like someone's suggestion that all CTU employees must live within a 10 minute walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Didn't he tell that to Bluetooth a few adventures previous to the Chinese catching up with Jack at the airport? I don't recall that Logan had an opportunity to talk to Bluetooth after Jack's "interrogation" of him.

Perhaps. Just another example on 24 of the ability to ignore certain time/space considerations. Like someone's suggestion that all CTU employees must live within a 10 minute walk.
    He probably called them during a commercial and that's why we didn't get to see it.

For anybody who missed this season, in whole or in part, FOX seems to be rerunning 2 episodes every Friday night, at 8:00 and 9:00, starting this week. (June 16)
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

A hearty congratulations to "24" which garnered more Emmy noms than any other show! I'm particulary thrilled about the inclusion of Jean Smart.

Outstanding Drama Series
    Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series (Kiefer Sutherland)
    Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series (Gregory Itzin)
    Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series (Jean Smart)
    Outstanding Cinematography for a Single-Camera Series-"9:00PM-10:00PM"
    Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series-"7:00AM-8:00AM"
    Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Drama Series-"7:00AM-8:00AM"
    Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Drama Series-"9:00AM-10:00AM"
    Outstanding Music Composition for a Series (Dramatic Underscore)-"6:00AM-7:00AM"
    Outstanding Sound Editing for a Series-"9:00PM-10:00PM"
    Outstanding Single-Camera Sound Mixing for a Series-"7:00AM-8:00AM"
    Outstanding Stunt Coordination-"9:00AM-10:00AM"
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Season 6 spoilers from tvguide.com http://community.tvguide.com/forum.j...mID=700000044:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Official 24 Scoop: President Palmer Lives On
    When 24 returns in January 2007, there will be a familiar butt sitting in the president's chair: Fox has revealed that D.B. Woodside, aka David Palmer's brother Wayne, is moving into the Oval Office for Season 6. Moreover, Regina King (Jerry Maguire, Ray) has been cast as the Palmer boys' sister, Angela, an advocacy lawyer. Of course, being made a regular on this particular program offers, at best, only marginal job security. Just ask Reiko Aylesworth. Or Dennis Haysbert. Or....

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I need help from the 24 experts here. Unfortunately, I don't watch the show but my friend is obsessed with a question about the finale and I told him FORTers know everything.

Question: Did Audrey betray Jack and is she possibly working with the Bluetooth Gang ?

While the chloroform was taking effect, it did seem like he looked at her (through a window ?) but what was telling was that she seemed to look back and see what was transpiring inside the warehouse ... and didn't seek help.

He considers her being in on Jack's capture a strong possibility/probability because in an earlier episode of S5 she was accused used of being a spy by Christopher ... and CTU was trying to extract info from her using their "methods".

Opinions ?
    I would not be surprised if Audrey had something to do with it. She was extremely po'd with Jack in season 4 when he brought the Chinese terrorist into CTU, and forced at gunpoint, the Dr. that had been in surgery with Audrey's husband Paul to work on the Chinese guy instead. Paul flatlined. Jack tried to revive him, to no avail. Audrey was hysteric, and had to be restrained from attacking Jack.

If Audrey had anything to do with it, it wasn't ON Day 5. Maybe building up to that, but I don't think so. I think she really did want him back in her life.

This week's TV Guide has an article on Day 6 and an interview of Sutherland. I just skimmed through it at the supermarket. I didn't see much of a spoiler in it, but I don't want to post it here because I haven't practiced doing spoilers yet. However, it may be a good article for those who need their JBauer fix, LOL.

+ Reply to Thread