+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 5 of "24"

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    I was thinking they'd make a cute couple.

I just hated seeing David get killed. He's probably my favorite TV President of all time. But on the flip side, I never liked Michelle and I'm actually glad she's gone. And I really hate Logan. Why the heck can't somebody assassinate that S.O.B.?

And hooray for my gal Chloe finally gettin' some lovin'! But as a_canuck_01 said, Spencer is probably up to no good.
    aww, I loved Michelle, she was one of my favorites. I guess she and Tony were getting too popular and it took away from the real star of the show so they had to go .

I'm actually taping last nights and tonights and then watching them in one sitting later this week but I've been keeping up a little and was sad to see Palmer go too, I really liked him.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 01-16-2006 at 09:29 PM.

Tonight was a set of episodes. Jean Smart plays the first lady pretty well, you can sense the panic in her character. I can't wait to see what happens between her and traitor in the White House.

FORT Fan
    Wow! And we're off... 4 hours down, 20 to go!

Tonight, we learned the "true?" terror plot-- something involving nerve gas. They certainly have set up plenty of storylines to drive us crazy with.

My comments:

The first lady showed the paper to the assistant right? That ought to help her case. Why didn't she photocopy it? Also, the phony recording talked about a charity event. If they cross reference the dates mentioned won't that reveal some tampering.

If the info was so important to national security, why didn't Palmer tell the CIA, FBI, secret service or anyone else. Why did it have to go the President only? In fact, why was it so secret that he had to embed hints in his memiors instead of on a sheet of paper or separate file so that if he died, others could find it easily?

What is Walt's official role anyways? He seems awfully close to Logan. Assuming Mike is chief of staff, that makes Walt... what?

Sean Astin- the hobbit saves the day. Thus far, he's not that believable as high ranking CTU guy, but we'll give him a chance. We're still waiting for a Robocop sighting.

Well, I just can't wait for next Monday.

FORT Fanatic
    oh my goodness! what a way to start. 20 more. thank goodness they're going with this format and starting yesterday instead of last october. its suppose to show 20 consecutive mondays right. no interruptions, no reruns, no nothing unless there was something of urgent.

norm i think palmer didnt want to tell anyone else because he had a feeling someone was corrupt. he just had a feeling he couldn't trust anyone even his brother.

i was waiting for astin to say mr. frodo...i think i heard it when he was saying mr. buchanon.

I don't like Sean Astin's character, are we suppose not like him from the start. I like Bill Buchanan and he's probably the better of all the director's sent from division.

Why is it that every season has an annoying character: Derreck this year.

I want Kim to come back, just because she is HOT.

President Logan is a turd, he has no backbone and relies on everyone else to fix the problem. He is not a good husband for not listening to his wife. Jean Smart plays a real good distressed First Lady. I feel really bad for Mike, he was real close to Palmer, even though he did go behind his back, back in season 2.

Jack being a rouge is going to make this season great and I think he works better with Curtis than with Tony, Tony I think always had that issue with Jack in regards to Nina.

Other than that, 4 Hours was not enough for me, I can't wait for next week.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

that was a great 4 hours of tv... i want 2 hours now every monday

loved Chloe (looked hot in ep 1), loved Jack... and yall are right i was thinking about how much of a troublemaker Derek was and thought of Kim

still can't stand Logan, what a wussy... I am waiting for Ms. Logan to check him

so we know now the terrorist have nerve gas... this should be good

Jack will save the day again only to find out the nerve gas was only part 1 of a bigger plan

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by a_canuck_01 View Post
    Liked the drama of Jack shooting the assassin because Palmer was his friend, but "in real life" he could have left him alive to corroborate him being setup by the "Forever Knight" bad guy. =)
    Thank you, a_canuck!!!! I could not figure out where I knew that main bad guy from! Good lord, I haven't thought of Forever Knight in years!

This is the first season of 24 I've really watched. I kinda/sorta have watched it over the years, but I purposely sat down and watched the premier, and I was hooked instantly. I'm definitely going to keep watching. And I may just have to add the first 4 seasons to my Netflix cue.

FORT Lurker
    Did anyone else catch (in the first hour, I think) that Bill Buchanan mumbled something like "the historical significance of this day" or something? Was he just tossing off a reference to the Russian peace treaty, or was he referring to a previous day/season of 24?

I spent a bit of time yesterday trying to find the timeline (by my estimates, this "day" is September'ish, the same time as in Season 2 & Season 3), but then I began thinking that maybe BB just meant in terms of the significance in signing the treaty.

Or maybe I've watched too many Lost episodes and feel everything is hidden now.

Quote Originally Posted by cpp_nh View Post
    Did anyone else catch (in the first hour, I think) that Bill Buchanan mumbled something like "the historical significance of this day" or something? Was he just tossing off a reference to the Russian peace treaty, or was he referring to a previous day/season of 24?

I spent a bit of time yesterday trying to find the timeline (by my estimates, this "day" is September'ish, the same time as in Season 2 & Season 3), but then I began thinking that maybe BB just meant in terms of the significance in signing the treaty.

Or maybe I've watched too many Lost episodes and feel everything is hidden now.
    I'm preety sure it was meant as the historical significance of the treaty signing.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    This is the first season of 24 I've really watched. I kinda/sorta have watched it over the years, but I purposely sat down and watched the premier, and I was hooked instantly. I'm definitely going to keep watching. And I may just have to add the first 4 seasons to my Netflix cue.
    I've watched a few episodes from other seasons and enjoyed them but never had a chance to really follow the season. My husband and I decided to watch this season since Alias is on the way out. I'm so glad we did. I am completely hooked! Great first 4 hours.

+ Reply to Thread