+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knot's Landing Reunion

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    Oh, I loved watching this reunion show! When I use to watch the show, I always wanted to get married and live on a cul-de-sac like Karen and Mac...Greg Sumner was so sexy back then! I remember sobbing when Laura died (why did they blur out her image on the reunion show when they were showing Greg crying while looking at her tape after her death?) Ahh...Knots Landing...that was the good ole days!
    Knots Landing was one of my favorite TV shows. And, I, too, enjoyed watching this reunion show. Got kinda misty-eyed (re)watching that scene with Greg, breaking down while watching Laura's video, as well as the overall reminiscing between the actors ... Now, Greg was a hottie, back in the day..Yes, indeed! I especially loved watching him in scenes with Abby and Paige.

Speaking of Nicolette Sheridan, I only saw her briefly when she was introducing a segment of the special. And, I didn't see her in the "living room" scenes. Granted, I missed the first 20 minutes of the show. Did I miss anything more?

One thing that I found interesting (and funny) is how, uh, well-preserved Michele Lee and Donna Mills look (today) vs. William Devane, and the actors who portrayed Mac and Gary, and all of them are around the same age (60-ish). I always thought that Joan Van Ark looked too "done" - then and now. And, I agree with the poster who said that she should let the low-cut fashions go .

Anyway, to me, KL will always be one of the best TV dramas ever. It was well-written and well-acted - far beyond standard soap opera fare. And, several of the former castmates said it best, i.e., KL had the original "Desperate Housewives", plus Abby - the original Queen B**** I miss that show...

Debra

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    Oh, I loved watching this reunion show! When I use to watch the show, I always wanted to get married and live on a cul-de-sac like Karen and Mac...Greg Sumner was so sexy back then! I remember sobbing when Laura died (why did they blur out her image on the reunion show when they were showing Greg crying while looking at her tape after her death?) Ahh...Knots Landing...that was the good ole days!
    To this day I always get a little wistful whenever I pass by a cul-de-sac.

As far as the blurring of Laura's face, one of the reunion's producers posted a very enlightening explanation at http://www.knotsforum.com/ It's in a sticky thread near the top of the page, entitled "Message from Gary Tellalian".

It also appears that season 1 of Knot's is scheduled to be released on DVD in January.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Premium Member
    Thanks for the link Qboots! I had that same question and that answered it quite well. As for the upcoming DVD...

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    Thanks for the link Qboots! I had that same question and that answered it quite well. As for the upcoming DVD...
    I second that appreciation for the link!!! But now another dilemna...another message board to get hooked on (knots!!)

Chip and Reichen#1 chipnreichenfan's Avatar
    Abby, Greg, Laura,Val and Gary together, and Jill were my fave along with Lilli Mae.

Also Alec Baldwin was hot back then too
    The greatest gift is to love and to be loved in return..The Moulin Rouge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12