+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Boondocks

The Boondocks

Has anybody seen this show on Cartoon Network's "Adult Swim?" I have to say this show is hilarious and highly intellegent. In my opinion it picks up where the "Chapelle Show" left off. I think Regina King voices a character on this show. It comes on late at night and was featured on "Best Week Ever" which interested me in watching the show.

What time and day does this come on? I read the comic strip everyday, I bet it's a gas

Quote Originally Posted by ladytex
    What time and day does this come on? I read the comic strip everyday, I bet it's a gas
    Sundays at 11pm on the cartoon network.. and then again at like 3 I think. Its very funny.

When the first episode aired, it was one of those rare shows where after the first couple of minutes it was so perfect I had to stop watching and wait until hubby could watch it with me. He usually doesn't like the same shows I do, but I knew he'd like this one. As an added bonus to how funny it is (great voice acting, btw), the animation is reminiscent of Cowboy Bebop (look at my icon and you can tell it's a favorite -- and the only other anime I ever got hubby interested in). That was a surprise, since I know it's based on a comic strip.

Yesterday I noticed our paper actually runs that strip, so I guess I'll be reading as well as watching from now on. The strip made me think twice about that bird flu and where does your turkey come from, but I already bought our turkey, and we cooked it yesterday, so too late! I can only hope Safeway doesn't get its birds from China, lol.

FORT Fogey
    Great strip. I have been reading it for years and was actually able to hang out with McGruder for a weekend; very cool guy and very intelligent. The show is not as funny as the strip but i think its really good. I'll continue to watch!

I never knew it was a comic strip. Figures.

Just wanted to say this is still on and still amazing. The latest episode was "Let's Nab Oprah."

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest View Post
    Just wanted to say this is still on and still amazing. The latest episode was "Let's Nab Oprah."
    "The Boondocks" has already been renewed for a second season on the Cartoon Network. I have followed the strip (for the most part) from the beginning in my local newspaper - the Chicago Tribune. The brother who created "The Boondocks" - Aaron McGruder - is a very talented, intelligent, thoughtful young man who is also highly skilled in satire.

To date, I've seen all of the eps of the TV 'toon version and, for the most part, I've liked what I've seen. Several of 'em have been outstanding, e.g., the one where Dr. King came back after that 38-year coma, "The Itis", etc. IMHO, "Let's Nab Oprah" wasn't one of the best in this series. But, hey, you win some and you lose some... And, at the end of the day, as I see it, "The Boondocks" is one HELL of a show. And, it's one of the best of the lot on TV today.

Cat

I saw two episodes and quickly found out why it comes on so late! The episode bringing MLK back was interesting and met with some controversey from Rev. A. Sharpton.

I enjoyed the show but I like the strips better.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Quote Originally Posted by MICHEY View Post
    I saw two episodes and quickly found out why it comes on so late! The episode bringing MLK back was interesting and met with some controversey from Rev. A. Sharpton.
    They referred to that in the strips

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast